Eriksson handed £10m to land Heskey and Given

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought everyone knew where the word soccer came from :102:

How very strange

Wasnt there a prog in the late seventies called "Star Soccer" or am I imagining it??

Soccer Saturday, Soccer AM etc etc....it's not as if the word isn't used in UK media enough.

You don't think calling people "deluded" is offensive?

No I don't.

The majority of football supporters are to an extent deluded -almost by definition. If they weren't many of them would have given up on their club years ago -especially this club.

Had I been a bit more wary I might have been better using the word 'naive' regarding the idea of spending any significant sum on Heskey (as part of the alleged £10m package) and the lack or realism about us getting Given.

To be honest I can imagine Sven signing Heskey (34 next January) on a more or less free basis alongside a big wage deal - I hope this doesn't happen because whilst it might provide Emile with a pension my guess is that it would all end in tears rather than a lot of goals. It would be drastic short termism and no use whatsoever if we were to get into the Premier League in 2012/13.

I think Sven is more than capable of getting Leicester promoted - but whether it invites abuse on here or not - I also think that he made some significant mistakes towards the end of the winter.

Stringer says the Heskey deal is on. !

I had the (mis)fortune of attending the Villa v Stoke game last Saturday, during which, several Villa supporters took great pleasure in informing me that I was "watching our star signing for next season".

Heskey then proceeded to look lumbering, a yard or so off the pace and spent most of his time pleading with the ref at his treatment from the Stoke defence..... Welcome home, Emile...:icon_wink

Stringer says the Heskey deal is on. I'm off down the club shop now!

Deal is on in terms of what? As in we've agreed a deal already or were in talks or just that he's a player Sven I'd looking at or what? Heskey! I'm excited by the idea of Bruno coming home!

I had the (mis)fortune of attending the Villa v Stoke game last Saturday, during which, several Villa supporters took great pleasure in informing me that I was "watching our star signing for next season".

Heskey then proceeded to look lumbering, a yard or so off the pace and spent most of his time pleading with the ref at his treatment from the Stoke defence..... Welcome home, Emile...:icon_wink

I was at the same game, and Emile was awful.

He could still (possibly) do a job for us in the Championship, but I really hope that we don't sign him as he's too old to be a long term plan and we'd almost certainly be paying him very high wages.

i hope we sign him he will be great for us could be our 20 goal a season man weve been after.

Heskey and vassel up front next year little and large dream partnership bags of goals guarenteed

I think Heskey would be shit even in this league. Well past it. Just the sort of signing we should avoid.

I think Heskey would be shit even in this league. Well past it. Just the sort of signing we should avoid.

Earlier this season just after Houllier took over he was their best player and won several man of the match awards. Then he got sent off and hasn't had a decent run in the team since coming back from his suspension. I suspect it's about confidence, as it has been with him throughout his career. Under the right manager and with support from the fans I'm sure he'd do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669