Eriksson handed £10m to land Heskey and Given

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

If Heskey had never played for city and was born elsewhere. Would the members of this forum still be as excited at the prospect of him signing in the summer? Do the members of this forum think he could still do a job for us?

Alongside Yak, no.

I don't see how he will bring Yak into the game.

Profondo Rosso

If Heskey had never played for city and was born elsewhere. Would the members of this forum still be as excited at the prospect of him signing in the summer? Do the members of this forum think he could still do a job for us?

Wouldn't mind him on the cheap, but I wouldn't want to see us blow millions on him. Him and Yakubu are too similar type a player to spend millions on both and I'd much rather have Yakubu than Heskey, as he is much more prolific.

Last edited:

Profondo Rosso

This is the Mirror remember.

The Mirror have been a pretty reliable source for us in recent years due to Mandaric's contacts etc. Not sure if they still will be now Mad Mandy has gone though.

FryattFox

There's no way that we would match his wages. So unless Villa subsidise it, or he is prepared to take a (chunky) pay fall, it's more of a non-story than Homer has alluded to.

Blaby blue blood

Cant say I am to be honest. If he comes in then I'm sure he will give it his all and I suppose it will be nice to see him in a City shirt again. But given the choice, I would much rather have The Yak with a young quick forward along side him to do the running.

Miles Away

Always rated him. Injuries must be a concern at this stage...but yes, I believe a healthy Heskey would be a great asset.

drummindefender

Lots of the more successful clubs in this league have a target man-Holt at Norwich, Helguson at QPR, Bothroyd at Cardiff etc. We have Steve Howard, but Heskey is clearly a better player than him, so if the opportunity did arise, and it wasn't silly money, we'd be mad not too.

spionfox

I have noticed that Sven seems to start a lot of his answers with ""Well........

If I were the reporter I would just reply "Yes thankyou, now just answer the question I asked!"

kanefire166

i heard that muppet stringer saying signing vitor was unlikely due to the price that has been mentioned , does anyone know what the price is?

Redditch Fox

According to the Mirror Sven has been given (excuse the pun) £10m to buy these and other players one presumes. Should have the agents buzzing round like flies on shit.

Eriksson handed £10m

Not a chance.

Given will not want to drop down to our division - and has no need to do so.

Heskey is more or less finished - wouldn't make much of a hole in the speculated £10m - but would almost certainly be a big disappointment.

If there is a significant transfer war chest then much of it is likely to go on paying the costs of the loanees.

I think Sven will focus on more experienced players out of contract (wage costs) and young loanees.

And he needs to be careful to raise his own game in terms of spending wisely or the owners are going to quickly get fed up.

spionfox

And he needs to be careful to raise his own game in terms of spending w*s*ly or the owners are going to quickly get fed up.

Where would you suggest Sven has failed to spend wisely this season?

Mawsley

Everybody knows this is bullshit. My source says we are swapping three players and a sherbet dip for the entire Real Madrid squad after the friendly.

Redditch Fox

Where would you suggest Sven has failed to spend w*s*ly this season?

Too many young and inexperienced loan players brought in from fashionable London clubs on terms that were allegedly incentivised to encourage their selection at the expense of better players; Kamara a luxury brought in after the opportunity for promotion had gone except for in the eyes of the most deluded; wages on Ricardo who is another poor keeper duplicating the other poor keeper Weale; failure/ difficulty to bring in battle hardened defenders in January to shore up the defence for a promotion push.

I'm not saying doing better would have been easy. Far from it. But I think we can take for granted that Sven is getting a very serious remuneration package - and therefore there is every reason to expect better from him for next season.

Steven

Too many young and inexperienced loan players brought in from fashionable London clubs on terms that were allegedly incentivised to encourage their selection at the expense of better players; Kamara a luxury brought in after the opportunity for promotion had gone except for in the eyes of the most deluded; wages on Ricardo who is another poor keeper duplicating the other poor keeper Weale; failure/ difficulty to bring in battle hardened defenders in January to shore up the defence for a promotion push.

I'm not saying doing better would have been easy. Far from it. But I think we can take for granted that Sven is getting a very serious remuneration package - and therefore there is every reason to expect better from him for next season.

Where exactly were we in the League with how many points when Sven arrived? :102: The truth of the matter is even with the players you describe we are only six points off a play off place and perhaps by the end of the season we might only fail by goal difference. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669