F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I was expecting a disqualification, he's been fortunate IMO.

Duzza knows this also, hence his post preparing us for this "injustice" :icon_wink.

Having said that, I'm a firm believer in racing man for man, so my by my own preference, Hamilton would suffer no punishment, but rules is rules.

CM

Ridiculous

The best wheel to wheel action we've seen all season and they penalise it? Do they want to see shit like Valencia every time?

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Ridiculous

The best wheel to wheel action we've seen all season and they penalise it? Do they want to see shit like Valencia every time?
He was penalised for cheating, ie missing a section of the track out and gaining an advantage from it. Not for dangerous driving.

25 secs is the equivalent of a Stop/Go penalty, which he would have received if there was sufficient time left in the race for a stewards enquiry.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Ridiculous

Couldn't agree more. Awful decision. The incident was recitifed by Hamilton giving back the place.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Couldn't agree more. Awful decision. The incident was recitifed by Hamilton giving back the place.
But he still gained an advantage by remaining in his slipstream and pulling out 200 yards later to overtake again.

If the decision has shocked you, why did you predict it?

Last edited:

Orifice

The FIA ARE corrupt. It's is a fact that they are a corrupt organisation and only allow races like the Spa to happen is to keep a good media coverage and interest.

If a driver of a non-Ferrari has the audacity to do anything like what Hamilton has done he WILL be punished.

Hamilton had to slow slightly and lose some momentum to allow the Ferrari to pass him.
Do the rules not say something along the lines that if you pass someone incorrectly you have to let them pass back - just as Hamilton did?

You cannot beat the Ferraris and if you drive a McLaren you are cheating from when you arrive at the track.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
The FI are corrupt. It's is a fact that they are a corrupt organisation
I'm not disputing your statement, but I'm interested in how this can be fact and them still remain an authorised organisation.

Last edited:

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
But he still gained an advantage by remaining in his slipstream and pulling out 200 yards later to overtake again.

If the decision has shocked you, why did you predict it?

As I mentioned, its due to the general wave of anti mclaren feeling within the establishment. I felt sure they wouldnt miss an opportunity.

Hamilton would have been in his slipstram down that straight regardless. Massa was never ever in a position to win that grand prix so how does him end up winning it represent a fair result?

At Valencia Massa's team nearly caused an accident in the pit lane, hes gets off with a fine.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
The FIA ARE corrupt. It's is a fact that they are a corrupt organisation and only allow races like the Spa to happen is to keep a good media coverage and interest.

If a driver of a non-Ferrari has the audacity to do anything like what Hamilton has done he WILL be punished.

Hamilton had to slow slightly and lose some momentum to allow the Ferrari to pass him.
Do the rules not say something along the lines that if you pass someone incorrectly you have to let them pass back - just as Hamilton did?

You cannot beat the Ferraris and if you drive a McLaren you are cheating from when you arrive at the track.

100% spot on. It makes long term fans like me question wether to carry on.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
At Valencia Massa's team nearly caused an accident in the pit lane, hes gets off with a fine.
But they never cheated to gain a financial advantage.

But I'm loathed to argue with you, because I agree that the punishment is harsh, but it fits in with the laws of the sport. As I said before, rules is rules.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
But they never cheated to gain a financial advantage.

But I'm loathed to argue with you, because I agree that the punishment is harsh, but it fits in with the laws of the sport. As I said before, rules is rules.

Dennis even confirmed they checked with Charlie Whiting in real time that Hamiltons place drop was sufficient and told it was.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Dennis even confirmed they checked with Charlie Whiting in real time that Hamiltons place drop was sufficient and told it was.
You aren't seriously taking anything he says seriously :081:

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
You aren't seriously taking anything he says seriously :081:

Well the teams have to. If they'd been advised it wasn't or it may not have been I'm sure they'd have given the place back to the miserable twat and let him crash out as he clearly cant drive in the wet.

I see McLaren have appealed anyway

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Well the teams have to. If they'd been advised it wasn't or it may not have been I'm sure they'd have given the place back to the miserable twat and let him crash out as he clearly cant drive in the wet.

I was on about Les Dennis, not Whiting.

Orifice

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

Oh dear. That will mean a 10 place penalty at the next GP then.

And where is the next race ?..............

Monza!

Last edited:

CM

He was penalised for cheating, ie missing a section of the track out and gaining an advantage from it. Not for dangerous driving.

25 secs is the equivalent of a Stop/Go penalty, which he would have received if there was sufficient time left in the race for a stewards enquiry.
Did you even watch it? It was the wheel to wheel driving that led to him going off the track. He didnt 'cheat' intentionally :icon_roll

He went into the corner level (at worst) and settled in behind Raikkonen on the home straight. I dont know who interpreted the rules about gaining an advantage but he is obviously a fool.

Last week Massa almost hit someone in the pit lane. If we went by the strict 'rules is rules' method that you seem to favour, then he would have been penalised. The bias towards Ferrari is just ridiculous. Everyone knows its part of the sport but noone does anything about it :bang:

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Did you even watch it? It was the wheel to wheel driving that led to him going off the track. He didnt 'cheat' intentionally :icon_roll:
I don't care what led to him going off the track, and neither do the authorities, that is totally irrelevant.

IF there was a gravel trap there, Hamilton would have been out of the race, but there wasn't, it was tarmac and he therefore he wasn't punished for his own driving error. Why he was in there in totally irrelevant.

Fact of the matter is he gained an advantage as a direct result of his own racing error, he skipped the corner.

Yes, he yielded the place, but he still took that advantage forward. If Hamilton had braked and slotted behind Kimi instead of going off the track, there is no way he would have been in his slipstream to complete that manoeuvre.

If we go back to the old school racing where that would have been a legal move, Lewis would have been out of the race due to being bedded in the gravel.

Mistakes shouldn't be rewarded, it will breed idiots and incompetents.

Brauny Blue

They would have demoted Hamilton for jumping up & down on the podium.
It was a day when the FIA knew that Hamilton had taken a massive stride towards winning the championship, so they had to act.
If Hamilton gained an unfair advantage then realistically it was probaly no more than 1-2 seconds in terms of track time. So why the 25 second penalty.............oh thats because it gives a 4pt swing to Massa and Ferrari. Cheating twats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669