FIFA and PES 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since changing the camera angle on fifa (the lowest height on the default one) i've been playing a lot more varied and exciting stuff and as a result the games become more enjoyable. Dunno if it would be as good an option on a smaller screen though.

However i do have some cons with fifa

1. Goalies can punch the ball like the incredible hulk
2. defenders turn into superheroes inside the box and always make ridiculous challenges
3. the skills, which are nice and all, are pretty much useless and ineffective (though that could just be me)
4. Long distance goals are far too rare (again this could just be me)
5. the control is far too loose

Apart from that its a very enjoyable game and i'm glad i went for it over PES

Since changing the camera angle on fifa (the lowest height on the default one) i've been playing a lot more varied and exciting stuff and as a result the games become more enjoyable. Dunno if it would be as good an option on a smaller screen though.

However i do have some cons with fifa

1. Goalies can punch the ball like the incredible hulk
2. defenders turn into superheroes inside the box and always make ridiculous challenges
3. the skills, which are nice and all, are pretty much useless and ineffective (though that could just be me)
4. Long distance goals are far too rare (again this could just be me)
5. the control is far too loose

Apart from that its a very enjoyable game and i'm glad i went for it over PES

Have they sorted out the problems with lower league players losing fitness instantly?

Sort of, but not really. It now takes three games instead of two for them to be utterly knackered beyond repair.

Could be avoided on 09 by saving up £10mil for fitness coaches:icon_roll plus the ridiculous transfer market spoilt an otherw*s* cracking game.

Is 2010 worth the £30+ upgrade from 09 in your opinion?Not that your opinion counts for much looooool

Last edited:
Could be avoided on 09 by saving up £10mil for fitness coaches:icon_roll plus the ridiculous transfer market spoilt an otherw*s* cracking game.

Similar problems remain. The nonsensical staff upgrade system is still in place. However the good news is, if you're in League Two it's now no longer possible to sign world class players for pennies. Unfortunately, they've gone too far the other way to the point where, if you're in League Two, it's virtually impossible to sign anyone.

Is 2010 worth the £30+ upgrade from 09 in your opinion?

Only if you really must have a football game in your collection. Some of it is better, but plenty of it is no different.

Not that your opinion counts for much looooool

Haven't you missed something out there?

Another thing which annoys me with fifa. Theres no point in doing a gk charge because every player has the ability to perform a phillipe albert-esque lob....

:018: Tosser.

I've had another crack at it this morning (two games, got bored). It seems the actual gameplay remains very much the same. Referees still play advantages which make no sense, scoring headed goals is still virtually impossible unless you have a world class striker who also happens to be 7'5", control still randomly switches from one team member to another (who is often nowhere near the action) with no input from the player, defenders are still utterly clueless, and the offside rule is still wrong. Worse, referees blow up for the cleanest of tackles, whereas murderous hacks aimed at opponents' legs are ignored.

And now one of my players has been transferred to Coventry for some reason.

I've had another crack at it this morning (two games, got bored). It seems the actual gameplay remains very much the same. Referees still play advantages which make no sense, scoring headed goals is still virtually impossible unless you have a world class striker who also happens to be 7'5", control still randomly switches from one team member to another (who is often nowhere near the action) with no input from the player, defenders are still utterly clueless, and the offside rule is still wrong. Worse, referees blow up for the cleanest of tackles, whereas murderous hacks aimed at opponents' legs are ignored.

Does it look any different you toss rag?

I think I'll stick with 09 and see if someone has the heart to buy me 10 for birthday or crimbo.

i've scored plenty of headers, your just shit :icon_wink

Each time I've played PES I've been more and more impressed. I think you have to learn how to play the game (eg don't try to turn at full pace and expect to keep close control) before you can learn to love it. (on Top Player) the AI is much better, you can no longer dribble past players with ease, you really have to work for your goals. Defending is also more difficult, you have to do it as a team by keeping your shape and choosing your tackles.

Having said all of that - My brother came round yesterday, and having barely ever played any PES game, or FIFA for that matter, he loved it. And he was half decent.

I expect there will be a different feeling on here in six months when people have got bored if FIFA's gimmicks (sp?).

I had my first crack on Fifa at a homie's house earlier and I likey, feels more different to last years than what I expected judging by posts on here. The crosses are top notch and it's not as easy to turn a defender and run from the half way line unchallenged to score. It felt like there was a good grasp of the physicality of players too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669