Fryatt to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
From the Mirror:

Phil Brown is ready to turn to Matty Fryatt in a last-gasp bid to solve Hull's striker problem.

Tigers boss Brown is lining up a £4million swoop for the Leicester hit-man, who notched 32 goals as the Foxes powered their way to instant promotion back to the Championship as League One champions last season.

Fryatt's scoring exploits last term have attracted the attention of a host of top flight clubs, but Hull are leading the chase for the 23-year-old after being snubbed by SEVEN top-notch hit-men this summer.

Michael Owen, Fraizer Campbell, Marc-Antoine Fortune, Bobby Zamora, Marlon Harewood, Daryl Murphy and Real Madrid's Alvaro Negredo have all rejected switches to the Humberside outfit.

Brown has managed to bring in United States international striker Jozy Altidore,19, on a season-long loan deal from La Liga outfit Villarreal, but still wants another proven scorer to partner him up front.

Fryatt, who joined Leicester from Walsall for £350,000 in January, 2006, only signed a new three-and-a-half year deal at the Walker's Stadium last December.

But City would find it difficult to turn down a big offer for Fryatt, who has scored four goals in six appearances for England under-19's, even though they want him to spearhead their assault on a second successive promotion.

To be honest, I've been surprised that there hasn't been more speculation like this after last season.
£4 million bucks is a lot of money, even if the author is just pulling numbers out of his hole.

Hmmm, not sure, i mean Fryatt when he's fit, will get goals at this level imo, but 4million is a lot of money, and i think itd be worth it on our side, just hope Waghorn and Gallagher can fill the void.

Either way, i think itd be bad business for Hull, as i really cant see him being that good at Premiership level.

To be honest, as good a striker as fryatt has been for us over the eighteen months, I don't think he's ready for the step up to the Premier League. Granted, if you don't try you don't know, but I'd have thought it would be beneficial for both us and Fryatt to have him here for the rest of the season. At times our Matty looks a wee bit slow and lacking in fitness, and the Premier League is a cut-throat league, there aren't as many loose balls and defensive errors. That being said, he's a terrific finisher, an eye for goal and one of the few players left in league football with 10 to 2 feet, especially as duck-foot Pires left years ago. I think Matt Fryatt can, and likely will, play Premier League football, but I'm not positive that this season should be the season for it. Hull need guarenteed goals.

cant see this happening, surprisingly for me he already has 2 goals in this league and we currently have 2 strikers out for the rest of august.

:icon_lol: As shown missing two sitters against Sheff Utd and Barnsley.

Anything at the hint of £2 and half million....sell. He's just alright at this level.

If your a striker you miss chances. Can you name any that don't? I doubt it. Fryatt already has 3 goals this season, which is a very good start. It would be more worrying if he didn't get into the positions to score goals. For me, people criticise fryatt all too easily. What about the other strikers in the team who have failed to scored as many as fryatt? In my opinion if we sell Fryatt, we are selling one of our main assets and we can wave goodbye to a finish in the top half of the table.

I am quite certain that with £4million we could find at least one striker at least as good as Fryatt to knock in 20 goals this season..

I like Fryatt and I think he'd score 20 goals this season easy but £4million is a lot of money.

This might explain why we signed Gallagher who is very similar.

I like Fryatt and I think he'd score 20 goals this season easy but £4million is a lot of money.

This might explain why we signed Gallagher who is very similar.

I think your right,when we signed Gallagher..i thought were is he going to slot in.

A fit Howard will start...Waghorn will mostly be a impact sub...and Gallagher would not come here to sit on the bench.

So maybe Fryatt is on his way.

What is it with us!somebody waves some cash and we want to snap their hand off by selling our better players.

Stop selling and start building...We have a manager who I'm sure will be touted for jobs soon to be available in the priemership(Bolton,Birmingham)and the way we show our loyality is to sell his players,C'mon guys I want to keep Pearson so keep him happy and keep Fryatt :icon_bigg

What is it with us!somebody waves some cash and we want to snap their hand off by selling our better players.

Stop selling and start building...We have a manager who I'm sure will be touted for jobs soon to be available in the priemership(Bolton,Birmingham)and the way we show our loyality is to sell his players,C'mon guys I want to keep Pearson so keep him happy and keep Fryatt :icon_bigg

I would hope that NP has the final say on any player sales.
If he's told he can have the proceeds to buy new players he might decide he can strengthen the team by selling Fryatt.

Also if there is a bid from a Premier League club Fryatt might decide he wants to leave, and if that happens it's probably best to let him go.

if fryatt goes does that mean beckford is back on the radar.

Maybe NP rates Gallagher more than Fryatt.

When we have all the 4 strikers fit again either Fryatt or Gallagher will be on the bench.

And i cannot see fryatt or Gallagher fancying that...

If we sell Fryatt for 4million which is peanuts to prem clubs...then we could get a good left back and another centre midfielder in which we need.

So we are really strenghening the team.

If we did sell him would we get £4m anyway? It would probably be £2m plus add ons, and a percentage of any profit would probably go to Walsall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669