Fryatt to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage i'd hope we keep fatty. He has took plenty of flak from people on here, and probaly justifiably so. That said, he has had a good year, and looks a player thats settled and comfortable at the club. His goal against Barnsley was quality, and imo he is gaining confidence and improving.
I would sooner see him at his best at this club, rather than sell. There are no guarantees by selling, that we will have a forward who will match or score more goals than Fryatt. Its took a long time, but i'm starting to appreciate what he is doing for our club.

At this stage i'd hope we keep fatty. He has took plenty of flak from people on here, and probaly justifiably so. That said, he has had a good year, and looks a player thats settled and comfortable at the club. His goal against Barnsley was quality, and imo he is gaining confidence and improving.
I would sooner see him at his best at this club, rather than sell. There are no guarantees by selling, that we will have a forward who will match or score more goals than Fryatt. Its took a long time, but i'm starting to appreciate what he is doing for our club.

Like you said, he's settled now and has built his confidence up and really matured as a player. I'd have a fit and happy Fryatt over almost any other striker in this league.

Like you said, he's settled now and has built his confidence up and really matured as a player. I'd have a fit and happy Fryatt over almost any other striker in this league.

:038::038::038:

4 strikers :038: competing for two spots :038::038::038:

We need a strong Squad and NP has a problem he is over the moon about
:icon_lol:

it was only a week ago folks were moaning we need another striker in now weve got one you want to sell fryatt :102:
wheres the point in selling a settled player to spend the money getting someone new in ?
Fryatt will stay .

If NP and Steve Walsh had £2m-£2.5m to spend on a replacement goalscorer for Fryatt, I'd bank on them getting a better player.

Having said that, considering his lack of a pre season and ankle issues, his start to the season has been very good.

Personally, I wouldn't be bothered either way as long as NP can get in a replacement of his choice before the deadline.

Tough call, I have to say. £4 million is of course much more than I ever thought we would get for Fryatt, but I'm a firm believer consistency is a way to success and that includes not getting rid of your best players.

I actually wouldn't sell because I don't know what's available on the market. Losing Fryatt would be a blow to the team and I don't want to risk being left without another striker in the same class or better (that said, I haven't seen Gallagher so I don't know if he's a possible replacement).

If NP and Steve Walsh had £2m-£2.5m to spend on a replacement goalscorer for Fryatt, I'd bank on them getting a better player.

I wouldn't be so sure. Teams are unlikely to want to sell this close to the window closing, so we'd be paying more than we'd want anyway. For £2m we'd struggle to get a proven goalscorer at this level, so we'd probably be looking at a goalscorer at League 1/2 level.

And if it didn't work out, I can't see anywhere else in this team that guaranteed goals will come from.

Having said that, considering his lack of a pre season and ankle issues, his start to the season has been very good.

Personally, I wouldn't be bothered either way as long as NP can get in a replacement of his choice before the deadline.

I very much doubt whether Leicester City would spend £2.5m on a replacement and I'm even more doubtful if we would be able to attract the signature of a more potent striker before the deadline - and probably not in the next transfer window.

Every player has his price of course but this would be a further bad blow to follow on from the Mattock - where we got next to nowt for a possible future England left back.

What a curious lot we Leicester fans are. When there was speculation about a £3mill bid for Beckford, the consensus was that Leeds would want far more for him and that we were not worthy to see him in a Leicester shirt.
Fryatt scored more goals than he last season, and is now looking good in the Championship and we're saying that we should be grateful to snatch a couple of million pounds from a Hull side that will be plying its trade in this division next season.
I cannot conceive that this move would be in the best interests of Leicester, or Fryatt.

Maybe NP rates Gallagher more than Fryatt.

When we have all the 4 strikers fit again either Fryatt or Gallagher will be on the bench.

And i cannot see fryatt or Gallagher fancying that...

If we sell Fryatt for 4million which is peanuts to prem clubs...then we could get a good left back and another centre midfielder in which we need.

So we are really strenghening the team.

if we sold fryatt and didnt buy a new striker we short again, when you have the right amount of strikers (probably 4) then yes 1 or 2 might moan, but it gives the manager options and cover plus keeps the ones in the team on their toes.

If your a striker you miss chances. Can you name any that don't? I doubt it. Fryatt already has 3 goals this season, which is a very good start. It would be more worrying if he didn't get into the positions to score goals. For me, people criticise fryatt all too easily. What about the other strikers in the team who have failed to scored as many as fryatt? In my opinion if we sell Fryatt, we are selling one of our main assets and we can wave goodbye to a finish in the top half of the table.

I agree that Fryatt gets more than his fair share of criticism. If we lost Fryatt and did not bring anyone in my guess is that we will end up in the top half but not reach the playoffs. However, if we do get offered silly money we should take it.
Presumably the money will be there to be spent and who knows what players are in Steve Walsh notebook that we cannot afford at the moment - well Walsh knows and presumably Pearson and Mandaric - but we don't.
Being a self-confessed Blue Mongie I am impressed enough by the Pearson/Walsh recruitment policy that if we decide to sell I will not question that judgement.

it was only a week ago folks were moaning we need another striker in now weve got one you want to sell fryatt :102:
wheres the point in selling a settled player to spend the money getting someone new in ?
Fryatt will stay .

fryatt has surprised me, already 2 goals when not even fully fit, and yes I do want him to stay. we now have competition up front and some stability with fryatt. Sods law clubs keep coming in for our 1st team players.

I agree that Fryatt gets more than his fair share of criticism. If we lost Fryatt and did not bring anyone in my guess is that we will end up in the top half but not reach the playoffs. However, if we do get offered silly money we should take it.
Presumably the money will be there to be spent and who knows what players are in Steve Walsh notebook that we cannot afford at the moment - well Walsh knows and presumably Pearson and Mandaric - but we don't.
Being a self-confessed Blue Mongie I am impressed enough by the Pearson/Walsh recruitment policy that if we decide to sell I will not question that judgement.

Where on earth are the goals going to come from to get us that high?! The general concensus on here appears to be that top half would be achievable with Fryatt, but I struggle to see how selling our out-and-out most prolific scorer would allow us to maintain that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669