Fryatt to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fryatt isnt good enough for the premier league......so if they want to give me £4mill for his candy ass,,,,that's fine with me.......however it wont be in his best interest to go as he will come straight back down....so he may as well score goals here, then leave if he wants to next summer.....meow

Fryatt isnt good enough for the premier league......so if they want to give me £4mill for his candy ass,,,,that's fine with me.......however it wont be in his best interest to go as he will come straight back down....so he may as well score goals here, then leave if he wants to next summer.....meow

I don't think they will be giving you the money - unless, of course, you are really Milan Mandaric.

Where on earth are the goals going to come from to get us that high?! The general concensus on here appears to be that top half would be achievable with Fryatt, but I struggle to see how selling our out-and-out most prolific scorer would allow us to maintain that?

Quite.

Also - I doubt whether we would get £4m from Hull. This sum is paper talk and the next thing we would here is that the fee was "undisclosed", with "add ons" etc etc meaning once again that we have come out second best in the transfers game and once Fryatt's agent etc has taken a cut of the real fee then we will be lucky to have enough to buy another D.J.!

Also - it's easy to sell goal scorers and very difficult to buy them. With the transfer window coming to an end we would be at a major disadvantage.

This is potentially a bad situation. Hull will be in a position to offer Fryatt much bigger wages and irrespective of the likelihood of them getting relegated I can see him wanting the move. We may or may not think he could cut it in the Premiership, but you can bet on Fryatt wanting to have a try. In my opinion it all depends on how serious Hull are about signing him.

I would hope that NP has the final say on any player sales.

Yeah right, since when did Uncle Milan let that happen

if fryatt goes does that mean beckford is back on the radar.

Not at 10 million he's not

If NP and Steve Walsh had £2m-£2.5m to spend on a replacement goalscorer for Fryatt, I'd bank on them getting a better player.

If a better player is available, why are Hull looking to play 4m for a lesser player ??

Reading between the lines in the interviews and such like, it seems to me that the (higher) management of the club are hoping for a play off place at best. That said, to sell Fryatt for 4m to offset some of the reported 14m loss this year would be good business, and don't forget, that's what this is, a business that is expected to be run as such, so selling Fryatt would help reduce the deficit without having too much impact on what is not considered to be a promotion year.

Quite.

Also - I doubt whether we would get £4m from Hull. This sum is paper talk and the next thing we would here is that the fee was "undisclosed", with "add ons" etc etc meaning once again that we have come out second best in the transfers game and once Fryatt's agent etc has taken a cut of the real fee then we will be lucky to have enough to buy another D.J.!

Plus I am sure that I remember when he signed there were rumours that Walsall would have some form of sell-on clause, which could easily reduce any fee received by a fair chunk.

Could probably still afford another DJ though :tumbleweed:

Yeah right, since when did Uncle Milan let that happen

Not at 10 million he's not

If a better player is available, why are Hull looking to play 4m for a lesser player ??

Reading between the lines in the interviews and such like, it seems to me that the (higher) management of the club are hoping for a play off place at best. That said, to sell Fryatt for 4m to offset some of the reported 14m loss this year would be good business, and don't forget, that's what this is, a business that is expected to be run as such, so selling Fryatt would help reduce the deficit without having too much impact on what is not considered to be a promotion year.

I think its a case were they have tried to buy lots of strikers micheal owen,zamora,frazier campbell,marlon harewood+ others and they have all turned down moves to join them,could be desperation now.

:038::038::038:

4 strikers :038: competing for two spots :038::038::038:

We need a strong Squad and NP has a problem he is over the moon about
:icon_lol:

It all sounds nice but can a club like leicester in the championship keep them all happy?

In the premiership it would not be a problem...the last thing we need is un rest.

On football forums a Hull fan has quoted that there local radio station has said ..that Hull had bids accepted for 2 strikers and a right back..and that they hope to talk to the players today and tomorrow.

It all sounds nice but can a club like leicester in the championship keep them all happy?

In the premiership it would not be a problem...the last thing we need is un rest.

many clubs in this league have 4+ strikers, I always considered it fairly normal, it only seems to be smaller clubs league 1 and below who tend to have less and I expect that is due to financial constraints.

4 million for Fryatt ?!

Take it, Fryatt isn't a bad player but he is nothing special he has missed many chances this season and in the premier league he would be awful ! For 4 million we could get a quality striker in and anothe winger.

4 million for Fryatt ?!

Take it, Fryatt isn't a bad player but he is nothing special he has missed many chances this season and in the premier league he would be awful ! For 4 million we could get a quality striker in and anothe winger.

Then why aren't Hull?

So why would this amazing striker that we are about to sign as a replacement come to us over Hull?

Or have we just found a secret striker?

:102:

They're in the Premiership, we're not... definitions of "quality" differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669