Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megson was playing boring shite football, but we weren't losing.

Now we are.

Megson lost a bigger percentage of games than Burrows has. Burrows has also won more points per game.

Megson - 7 points from 7 games = 1 point per game
Burrows - 5 points from 4 games = 1.25 points per game

Just talking about league games, because they're the ones that are important, and cup games against teams in different divisions etc skew the stats.

Megson lost a bigger percentage of games than Burrows has. Burrows has also won more points per game.

Just talking about league games, because they're the ones that are important, and cup games against teams in different divisions etc skew the stats.
Peter Taylor won at least one game for Leicester City, Marton O'Neill lost at least one.

If we were to pick and choose our stats then this would make PT a better manager based on this one game, would it not?

Stats are bollox, and you know that because you felt the need to justify yours.

I think that the more important statistics are those covering the last few seasons. These indicate a consistency of poor results. Managers have arrived and left; different players have been brought it; the results don't change much.

Other important numbers relate to attendances. These have remained remarkably high - so far - given the miserable fare. My gut feeling is that people have now had about enough and MM needs to turn things round. That is if he can still do the business.

Peter Taylor won at least one game for Leicester City, Marton O'Neill lost at least one.

If we were to pick and choose our stats then this would make PT a better manager based on this one game, would it not?

Stats mean bugger all over such a short period of time.

But for you to say we weren't losing under Megson but we are now is bollocks.

Stats mean bugger all over such a short period of time.

But for you to say we weren't losing under Megson but we are now is bollocks.
Under Megson, we all got the feeling that we weren't losing games, we did lose them, but we weren't losing them regularly (not that he was here long enought to adopt the term "regularly".

Now, the general consensus is that we are losing games. That was all my point was.

Am I wrong that under Megson we became difficult to beat and stopped leaking goals?

Am I wrong that under Megson we became difficult to beat and stopped leaking goals?

We stopped conceding goals, but we also stopped scoring them.

Under Mesgon we conceded 5 goals in 7 league games. Under Burrows it's been 3 against in 4. So Megson had a slightly better goals against record, but under Burrows it's still a better record than any other team in the division, so we're still hard to beat.

I think the point you are all trying to get across is that Megson was a boring wonker who couldn't win a game but rarely lost and Burrows hasn't got a clue because he is too busy trying to control Manuel!

Under Megson, we all got the feeling that we weren't losing games, we did lose them, but we weren't losing them regularly (not that he was here long enought to adopt the term "regularly".

Now, the general consensus is that we are losing games. That was all my point was.

Over the season draws will get you in about the same place as losses.

Eh!

Is that a serious point or have you just drank 6 litres of vodka!?

I think the point is that 46 points for drawing every game will get you relegated just as surely as losing all 46. :icon_wink

Obviously, but never in the history of football has a team drawn every game in a season (i know you know that!). If your team is getting draws, then at some point you will nick the odd win. If you are shite and are losing every game, then, well your obviously doomed.

I think we would have survived no problems under megson because we were so strong at the back. Still not my ideal choice and to be fair i was pleased when he went to Bolton. With Burrows I have the feeling that their is a real tactical ineptitude there and we may just be running off the fire from Taggart.

Not really heard a name since who really tickles my fancy though. Infact I would say my favourite would be Chris Coleman. Has anybody got the Jean Tigana managerial record? Is he all what he is made up to be?

Obviously, but never in the history of football has a team drawn every game in a season (i know you know that!). If your team is getting draws, then at some point you will nick the odd win. If you are shite and are losing every game, then, well your obviously doomed.

I think we would have survived no problems under megson because we were so strong at the back. Still not my ideal choice and to be fair i was pleased when he went to Bolton. With Burrows I have the feeling that their is a real tactical ineptitude there and we may just be running off the fire from Taggart.

Not really heard a name since who really tickles my fancy though. Infact I would say my favourite would be Chris Coleman. Has anybody got the Jean Tigana managerial record? Is he all what he is made up to be?

errrr yes. Whether he comes to City or not is another matter, :102:

I think the point is that 46 points for drawing every game will get you relegated just as surely as losing all 46. :icon_wink

I don't think the approach Megson was making would have progressed us that much.

It seems to me that the most likely way to get promotion in this division is by 'direct' attacking football and you need some pace down the wings and physical power both in defence and attack.

For whatever reasons, we haven't been able to take that approach and until we do I don't think there will be much improvement.

Megson decided to make the best of what strengths we had which are in defence - but this was always going to be unexciting and have only modest benefits.

But never in the history of football has a team lost every single game in a season.

This morning's Telegraph has a large article headed,'FA quiz agent over Megson'. The gist of which, appears to be that they are not happy about the role played by Mark Curtis in the ginger one's move from Leicester. You'll be pleased to know that Mr. Curtis was acting as a "friend" when he negotiated Megson's move to Leicester.

This morning's Telegraph has a large article headed,'FA quiz agent over Megson'. The gist of which, appears to be that they are not happy about the role played by Mark Curtis in the ginger one's move from Leicester. You'll be pleased to know that Mr. Curtis was acting as a "friend" when he negotiated Megson's move to Leicester.
Curtis - cnut

Megson - bigger cnut

Jeffs point is very valid, a win lose win lose win lose pattern is better than a draw draw draw with the occasional win. Cup games cannot be counted as they different pressure as well as been less important.

Jeffs point is very valid, a win lose win lose win lose pattern is better than a draw draw draw with the occasional win. Cup games cannot be counted as they different pressure as well as been less important.
Only a idiot wouldn't agree with what you've just posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566