Global warming - what global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but it was you posting your view as a fact, I wasn't. An honestly held view doesn't become a fact no matter how much it is repeated.

I said that there is no proof that there is a connection between climate change and humans. If there is then please point me in the right direction and I will happily retract my comment. :icon_roll

I said that there is no proof that there is a connection between climate change and humans. If there is then please point me in the right direction and I will happily retract my comment. :icon_roll

" Climate change isnt a threat because it doesnt exist in the form being suggested by envionmentalists ". Seems pretty " fact like " to me. Anything to back it up?

" Climate change isnt a threat because it doesnt exist in the form being suggested by envionmentalists ". Seems pretty " fact like " to me. Anything to back it up?

Well it's not very warm today is it ?
And it rained this morning

Now there's hard facts for you, Mr Thicky - disprove them with your so-called 'science'

Well it's not very warm today is it ?
And it rained this morning

Now there's hard facts for you, Mr Thicky - disprove them with your so-called 'science'

And my feet are cold today and its July:102:

Just think of all the energy such as gas and electric people will save in the winter. Now that is a good thing.

I dont need to back it up because it hasnt been proven that's like asking me to prove Father Christmas doesnt exist just because some people believe he does. :icon_roll

I dont need to back it up because it hasnt been proven that's like asking me to prove Father Christmas doesnt exist just because some people believe he does. :icon_roll

That's more accurate the other way around.

Some people - Daily Mail opinion-writers, conspiracy theory nuts, Steven and you, for example - don't believe the evidence for climate change. The overwhelming bulk of scientists in the area believe the evidence is convincing. I'm pretty sure those same scientists would also be convinced that Father Christmas doesn't exist on the basis of the evidence against. I'm not so sure about you, since there isn't categorical proof.

Some people - Daily Mail opinion-writers, conspiracy theory nuts, Steven and you, for example - don't believe the evidence for climate change. The overwhelming bulk of scientists in the area believe the evidence is convincing. I'm pretty sure those same scientists would also be convinced that Father Christmas doesn't exist on the basis of the evidence against. I'm not so sure about you, since there isn't categorical proof.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:018:

I believe in climate change, after all the climate changes over the last 2000 years have been documented. I am not convinced however that humans are to blame by the addition of CO2 into the atmosphere in the way that Al Gore and his ilk suggest. The temperature variation between the Dark Ages and the Middle Ages is greater than that currently predicted for the forthcoming years. So what was the catalyst for previous temperature rises and falls in the absence of the addition of current levels of man made CO2 into the atmosphere? :102:

:018:

I believe in climate change, after all the climate changes over the last 2000 years have been documented. I am not convinced however that humans are to blame by the addition of CO2 into the atmosphere in the way that Al Gore and his ilk suggest. The temperature variation between the Dark Ages and the Middle Ages is greater than that currently predicted for the forthcoming years. So what was the catalyst for previous temperature rises and falls in the absence of the addition of current levels of man made CO2 into the atmosphere? :102:

:038::038:

Unfortunately Steven you have failed to realise that as Dour pointed out "The overwhelming bulk of scientists in the area believe the evidence is convincing!!" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Unfortunately Steven you have failed to realise that as Dour pointed out "The overwhelming bulk of scientists in the area believe the evidence is convincing!!" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'm a scientist with an overwhelming bulk...and I find the evidemce convincing. :icon_wink

I'd say 97% of climatologists is fairly overwhelming. (pdf of the study)

Whether or not there are other factors that influenced their response I can't say, but the fact remains, the overwhelming bulk of scientists in the area have stated that they believe the evidence is convincing.

Whether or not there are other factors that influenced their response I can't say, but the fact remains, the overwhelming bulk of scientists in the area have stated that they believe the evidence is convincing.

You mean the people that are getting paid to conduct research about climate change and its effects believe it exists and that we as humans have some influence on it...that is truly astounding.

We should pay these people even more money to conduct further research into it to find out exactly what is going on!!! :icon_bigg

Not sure where you get 97% from Macky.
Two questions were key: have mean global temperatures risen compared to pre-1800s levels, and has human activity been a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures.

About 90 percent of the scientists agreed with the first question and 82 percent the second.
Maybe meteorologists aren't the best people to ask but you'd think they'd know something.
n analyzing responses by sub-groups, Doran found that climatologists who are active in research showed the strongest consensus on the causes of global warming, with 97 percent agreeing humans play a role. Petroleum geologists and meteorologists were among the biggest doubters, with only 47 and 64 percent respectively believing in human involvement. Doran compared their responses to a recent poll showing only 58 percent of the public thinks human activity contributes to global warming.

Only my opinion but it seems to me that climatologist have a vested interest in believing in global warming because without any global warming there wouldn't be any research grants.

Not sure where you get 97% from Macky.

Maybe meteorologists aren't the best people to ask but you'd think they'd know something.

Only my opinion but it seems to me that climatologist have a vested interest in believing in global warming because without any global warming there wouldn't be any research grants.

Give that man a prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670