Has Milan run his course........

Is it time for Milan to move on.

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singth

As a matter of fact, I had the temerity to post on Jessel's thread, nothing 'mocking' or 'patronising', Jessel then abused me.
I don't know who it is you're referring to that has been throwing fluffy toys about.

Well it's not you Macky so you needn't look to me for a scrap it was your so-called "racist" remarks that I found equally un-offensive. But the mods were out in support of you, despite the fact that it MAY offend somebody (NOT ME!!) whilst what Newts said last week was deemed as being offensive.

spionfox

I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to believe in what they want, just that they shouldn't receive any special status because of their beliefs.

You actually went much further than that by saying you don't consider taking the piss out of a religion to be offensive

You didn't answer my question. Why should a religious belief be treated any differently to any other kind of belief?

It's probably down to scale. I mean that there are millions/billions around the world who have belief in some sort of deity and this belief (as unfounded as it may well be to you) has existed for thousands of years.

In the case of David Ickes beliefs, well, it's just him and the Jones from number 45.

On the face of it, there shouldn't be a difference in how they are treated but with millions/billions of adherents maybe I at least choose to be a bit more respectful because of it.

Probably makes me wrong but I can live with that. That is my belief :icon_wink

Last edited:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe not offensive to you, but do you accept that it could be offensive to those who do have religious beliefs?

It could be, but that's their problem.
Some people will be offended if we take the piss out of their football team, their weight, their taste in music etc. Why should their belief in the supernatural be treated any differently?

I didn't say that.

I didn't say "anything anyone finds offensive is "their problem".", which is what you said I said.

I was talking about people who are offended if someone takes offence when people take the piss out of their beliefs in religion and similar stuff. Religion shouldn't be protected any more than any other superstition.

Biff

Well it's not you Macky so you needn't look to me for a scrap it was your so-called "racist" remarks that I found equally un-offensive. But the mods were out in support of you, despite the fact that it MAY offend somebody (NOT ME!!) whilst what Newts said last week was deemed as being offensive.

I think Singth is relating to this thread, which i started in good faith, only to be ridiculed by Boc, whos mod status has gone to his head (and he does have a canny resemblance to, you know who).

People should be free to start threads, without the fear of imbeciles posting nothing but bullshit at post 2 of their work.

Im sure Singth will put me right if ive got the wrong thread.

Last edited:

Singth

I didn't say "anything anyone finds offensive is "their problem".", which is what you said I said.

I was talking about people who are offended if someone takes offence when people take the piss out of their beliefs in religion and similar stuff. Religion shouldn't be protected any more than any other superstition.

So what was it that Newts said that made his a special case?

I'll happily take the piss out of anyone and everything - religion, gay's, fat people, ugly people, dwarves, big noses, ginger hair, crap shoes etc etc, I'm shallow like that but I am just seeking clarity here of what is deemed as offensive?

Lako42

But the mods were out in support of you, despite the fact that it MAY offend somebody (NOT ME!!) whilst what Newts said last week was deemed as being offensive.

I would love to see an acceptable answer to this.

Singth

I think Singth is relating to this thread, which i started in good faith, only to be ridiculed by Boc, whos mod status has gone to his head (and he does have a canny resemblance to, you know who).

People should be free to start threads, without the fear of imbeciles posting nothing but bullshit at post 2 of there work.

Im sure Singth will put me right if ive got the wrong thread.

By the way Biff I think that you're wrong on the point you are making with MM. Just in case anyone thinks we hold hands sometimes down that country lane not far from your house.

Cool dog:icon_cool

Biff

By the way Biff I think that you're wrong on the point you are making with MM. Just in case anyone thinks we hold hands sometimes down that country lane not far from your house.

Cool dog:icon_cool

7pm still good.

Biff

I Demand That The Mods Contact Newts And Issue An Apology For Not Being Evenhanded

Bring Back Newts, NOW!!!!

Last edited:

Singth

Nottingham Fox has stated his opinion on this in the thread it was posted in.

But generally, personal abuse is not the same thing as abusing what someone believes in.

But that is you making the decision of what somebody should be offended by Jeff. Just because you or I don't find it offensive doesn't mean others don't. Personally I found the Harold Shipman remark quite funny and I have never even met Boc and it's no slight against him from me either. I have a mate who looks a dead ringer for Peter Sutcliffe and I love that, but like I said, I'm shallow.

Lako42

But generally, personal abuse is not the same thing as abusing what someone believes in.

It is if it's personal to them. As I said, an acceptable answer.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
But that is you making the decision of what somebody should be offended by Jeff.

Very little is deleted from this forum for being offensive, far less than on most similar sites.
Sometimes other mods find things offensive that I don't, it's for each mod to use their own judgement as to what's offensive and what's not.

Just because you or I don't find it offensive doesn't mean others don't.

So what's the point you're trying to make?

That we should delete everything that someone might find offensive?
That we should delete nothing because someone might not be offended by anything?
Or that the mods have an impossible job because whatever they do someone will disagree with it?

Biff

But that is you making the decision of what somebody should be offended by Jeff. Just because you or I don't find it offensive doesn't mean others don't. Personally I found the Harold Shipman remark quite funny and I have never even met Boc and it's no slight against him from me either. I have a mate who looks a dead ringer for Peter Sutcliffe and I love that, but like I said, I'm shallow.[/QUOTE]

Take a look at my American driving license. People said the same thing......:081:

DSC00332.jpg

Last edited:

Macky

Gruntled Member
Last edited:

spionfox

Nottingham Fox has stated his opinion on this in the thread it was posted in.

Point of order. I didn't see anything from Newton in the post in question that could be classed as 'personal abuse'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669