Homer's - 'He could do a job' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting to see Thompson and Henchoz mentioned on a couple of forums in the past week....

anyhoo a text message i recieved tonight from a mate who sometimes finds out decent transfer gossip, but on occasion it's naff so who knows!!

anyhoo.......

Muz back on a 'pay-as-you-play' deal

two Wigan players coming in(which is why i started off my post with that comment)

and Paul Gerrard.

of course if it's a load of bollocks i will text my mate back to tell her 'source' they are crap....

beaumontfox said:
interesting to see Thompson and Henchoz mentioned on a couple of forums in the past week....

anyhoo a text message i recieved tonight from a mate who sometimes finds out decent transfer gossip, but on occasion it's naff so who knows!!

anyhoo.......

Muz back on a 'pay-as-you-play' deal

two Wigan players coming in(which is why i started off my post with that comment)

and Paul Gerrard.

of course if it's a load of bollocks i will text my mate back to tell her 'source' they are crap....

Now on the football rumours website, so your secret is out BF, it is you that posts the LCFC rumours on there :icon_bigg

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Now on the football rumours website, so your secret is out BF, it is you that posts the LCFC rumours on there :icon_bigg

Not been around for few weeks (and not read much of the stuff posted now i'm back) but has Muz's possible return had any/much debate..??

BOB HAZELL said:
Not been around for few weeks (and not read much of the stuff posted now i'm back) but has Muz's possible return had any/much debate..??
Bundles! Mucho argumento!

Nothing that, i imagine, hasn't already been said - that it has been discussed, at least.

Whether it'll be made to happen though, I've no idea/official insight....

BOB HAZELL said:
Nothing that, i imagine, hasn't already been said - that it has been discussed, at least.

Whether it'll be made to happen though, I've no idea/official insight....

Any news on any potential deals regarding ingoings / or outgoings Bob, are we any nearer to appointing an Assistant Manager :102:

I was speaking to a friend of mine who does some part time scouting for Crewe, he informs me that they were very keen on Gareth McAuley last season but their bid failed as he preferred to move to Leicester. If it comes off he could be the dominating centre back we need, but i hope it wont result in Dicky moving.

Andy Marshall 31 year old Millwall Keeper, set to leave on a free, would be a decent addition IMO.

Don't personally see the need to waste wages on a keeper who's not going to be better than the two we have.
Hopefully the Finnish guy from Man City impressed in his two trial games for us and he can come on-board.

londonfox said:
Don't personally see the need to waste wages on a keeper who's not going to be better than the two we have.
Hopefully the Finnish guy from Man City impressed in his two trial games for us and he can come on-board.

Talking about the Finnish guy and goalkeepers and with a desire to go completely off-topic, has anybody heard the clip that has been replayed on TalkSport a few times recently? It's a few years old now, but an absolute classic.

A Scottish guy rings up and starts raving about Antti Niemi, the then Hearts goalkeeper. After going on for a while about how good the guy is, he says he reckons that he could be the answer to Scotland's goalkeeping problems

There is a short silence before the presenter comes back and says, "He can't play for Scotland".

The Scot replies quickly, "Why can't he play for Scotland. He's brilliant when he plays for Hearts".

Another short silence and then the presenter says, "He can't play for Scotland. He's Finnish"

The Scot is askance. "What do you mean?", he says, "He's not finish' - he's only about 28!"

Well, *I* thought it was funny - but perhaps you have to hear it yourself.

Nathan said:
haha i could imagine.

Those of you who can not imagine might want to click here.

Goma leads Fulham player exodus

Fulham have released six players, including France defender Alain Goma.
The other players told they have no future at Craven Cottage are Facundo Sava, Robert Watkins, Neale McDermott, Adam Green and Richard de Villiers.
Fulham had been keen to agree a new deal with Goma, 33, but talks reached a stalemate and the club eventually decided to let him go.
Goma had been a club record signing when he moved to London from Newcastle for £4m in 2001.
"The club would like to thank all the players for their services and contributions and wishes them all the best for the future," said Fulham in a statement.
Manager Chris Coleman has already spent £2.5m on Wigan midfielder Jimmy Bullard and is hopeful of bringing in at least two more faces, with a £6m budget. On-loan left-back Wayne Bridge is Coleman's priority, although Chelsea's price tag of £5m may prove too much.

Adam Green is a young left-back that used to be highly rated, he might be worth a go to provide some balance, he is quite attacking i think.

Green would be a great acquisition at left back if he's anything like he was a couple of seasons back - not sure why he fell out of favour. he's a similar style to Bridge - not to big but fast and a good crosser. Goma, while a solid centre-back, is getting slow, and :118: :118: injury prone (recurrent hamstring problems).

From a well known Rumours site. :icon_roll

Leicester will beat off local rivals Birmingham, West Brom and Coventry to the signing of David Thompson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669