In Appreciation Of Enzo

camberwell fox

Well all,

I know it is early doors but so far, I think Enzo has exceeded most of our expectations.

33 points from 36 available with 11 wins from 12 and 6 straight away wins in simply remarkable.

Momentum is building and as some have f us have said before this season started, you couldn’t judge any players who remain here from last seasons performances - BR sucked the life out of all of them it seems.

I think there is still way more to come from these players and a special mention has to go to Vesty and Wilf who have been nothing short of sensational this far.

106 is achievable and would give us a further record to add to our haul since 2015.

Not bad for “Poundland Pep or “Fake Pep’ is it everyone?

Wasn't massively excited about him coming in but I’ve completely changed my mind already. Big fan of his work so far.

Snide Pep has done superbly so far. I missed all of today's football but wasn't expecting anything less than us winning today.
We played well and dominated but were very wasteful in the final third.

In reality the score could have been 3-9 quite easily.

Someone is going to get an absolute tonking this season I think.

Already dished out a few haven’t we?
I mean a score around the 9-0 mark but yes we have.

Teams look beaten before they start, incredible turn around from that **** we had in charge last season.

I usually judge a manager by where we 'should' finish based on resources. So, with BR, we overachieved in his first two seasons, did okay in the third and then massively underachieved in his final year. Even though the signs were very worrying, I backed him until the results were unacceptable for a squad with the quality it had.

With EM, he should have us at the top of the Championship so there really isn't anything special about that in isolation. We have easily the biggest and best squad in the league and easily the biggest budget.

However, he has done exceptionally well in terms of managing a mess of a squad he inherited, a collapse in morale and a confused and dated style of play.

He has managed to get the squad to be together again. They seem very happy and positive and also very keen to do what he wants them to. That's both refreshing and a reflection of a manager who has earned their respect very quickly.

When I first read about EM looking at the similarities between football and chess, I rolled my eyes. What wanky nonsense is this? However, I get it now. He does actually see games as chess matches and our extraordinary performance as games go on - I think our record between 60-90 minutes is something like 15-0 in goals - shows someone who has planned how the game will go before it kicks off.

I have made it clear that I find the first half of (mainly home) games quite dull. They are like the opening moves of a chess match. Nobody is getting too excited by anything. It really isn't very entertaining. But I trust him now and am gradually learning to accept the periods of inactivity as he seems to be in complete control of the way the game will end up.

Well all,

I know it is early doors but so far, I think Enzo has exceeded most of our expectations.

33 points from 36 available with 11 wins from 12 and 6 straight away wins in simply remarkable.

Momentum is building and as some have f us have said before this season started, you couldn’t judge any players who remain here from last seasons performances - BR sucked the life out of all of them it seems.

I think there is still way more to come from these players and a special mention has to go to Vesty and Wilf who have been nothing short of sensational this far.

106 is achievable and would give us a further record to add to our haul since 2015.

Not bad for “Poundland Pep or “Fake Pep’ is it everyone?
Agreed. But let's not get carried away. I'm sure Burnley felt this good about Company until they started in the Prem again!

As well as the results and the set up, it’s also the man management and development of players such as Vesty, Ndidi, Hamza. And even keeping people such as Souttar in the fold and not isolating them completely.

Be lucky to keep him for any stretch of time.

Looks destined to get a chance at the top of the game.
And hopefully he will in a few years, whilst at Leicester.

He has been brilliant in every way and very glad he's proven so many wrong.
At least now there are less negative comments to read

I usually judge a manager by where we 'should' finish based on resources. So, with BR, we overachieved in his first two seasons, did okay in the third and then massively underachieved in his final year. Even though the signs were very worrying, I backed him until the results were unacceptable for a squad with the quality it had.

With EM, he should have us at the top of the Championship so there really isn't anything special about that in isolation. We have easily the biggest and best squad in the league and easily the biggest budget.

However, he has done exceptionally well in terms of managing a mess of a squad he inherited, a collapse in morale and a confused and dated style of play.

He has managed to get the squad to be together again. They seem very happy and positive and also very keen to do what he wants them to. That's both refreshing and a reflection of a manager who has earned their respect very quickly.

When I first read about EM looking at the similarities between football and chess, I rolled my eyes. What wanky nonsense is this? However, I get it now. He does actually see games as chess matches and our extraordinary performance as games go on - I think our record between 60-90 minutes is something like 15-0 in goals - shows someone who has planned how the game will go before it kicks off.

I have made it clear that I find the first half of (mainly home) games quite dull. They are like the opening moves of a chess match. Nobody is getting too excited by anything. It really isn't very entertaining. But I trust him now and am gradually learning to accept the periods of inactivity as he seems to be in complete control of the way the game will end up.
I couldn’t have written that any better. This is completely where I am.

Be lucky to keep him for any stretch of time.

Looks destined to get a chance at the top of the game.
He has done really well so far, and I hope you’re right (as it’ll mean he will have done well for us), but this is a big claim after 12 matches.

I didn't know Enzo prior to being with us. I was expecting that whoever came in would take a few months to sort out the players we have, with their confidence and stuff and get his system in place.

It took Enzo 3 weeks. Amazing.

Yes, we have the best players, but it's still a a sign of a top class manager.

With our best player gone, a load more leaving and those who were left absolutely destroyed physically and especially mentally, we were in real danger of going down the shitter.

Don’t give me the ‘best squad in the league so we should be at the top of the league anyway’ nonsense. We had a squad far far better than half the teams we were playing last season but it didn’t help us then, did it? What a complete load of old cobblers

We were in a dark, dark place and it could actually have gone much darker.

This fella was a massive gamble, and how he has approached the whole thing made it even more so - a completely new way of playing that, on the surface, looked like we didn’t have a single player who could execute it.

New, untested, signings that we knew little about and could have gone tits up, and insisting on accommodating players who most on here thought were shite and have would have happily given away for free - Vestergaard and Ndidi being the most obvious, although a few would have happily dumped Vardy, Nacho and KDH as well.

The whole squad was a complete mess, and the supporters were sick of watching piss poor shite week after week after week.

It’s only been twelve games but what he has done so far is genuinely transformative and exceptional. The way he has improved the technical ability of some of them is extraordinary, really.

The best start to a campaign at this level by any team ever, and some daft sods just shrug their shoulders and say we should be doing that anyway, like that has ever been the story of football ever, particularly this Club.

What we’ve seen in such a short space of time is unprecedented in this League, and I‘m pretty sure that we have NEVER seen a City team that has absolutely dominated football matches in the way that this one does. If you cannot see that, there is no hope for you.

Again, though, it’s just 12 matches played , and it could all go downhill rapidly if teams in this league find a way to stop what we do. I cannot see that happening, but you can’t predict anything in football.

Personally I think he knows he’s not even half way to where he wants to be with this team, and I find that a very exciting prospect - I can’t wait to see what happens next.

In a way that’s what I’m most pleased about with what he has done. I hated everything about last season. I hated the **** of a manager, and I hated the whole attitude of the players on and off the pitch, and I began to hate going to matches. My boys were the same, and started making excuses not to go. This season we are all loving it - loving what we see on the pitch, loving talking about the players and how we play, and looking forward to going to every single match. Again that could all change quite quickly, and we go back to being dull and average, but I’m all over this guy right now - I think he could be exceptional.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463