In Appreciation Of Enzo

What do they think they are entitled to though, that they aren’t getting?!?
It’s pretty simple MA, keep up. We have to win and do it in a style and manner that they approve of. The former on its own simply isn’t good enough.

The latter wouldn’t be either. If we were playing end-to-end football and getting plaudits from neutrals about how entertaining we are but were on the wrong end of high scoring games most weeks, the same ****ers would be complaining.

As a Leicester City fan if you’re not enjoying what’s happening at the club this season, you may as well give up on supporting one particular team and just watch football as a neutral.

I disagree that our premier league win was “not good football”

Football is good when it is exciting and gains wins. Our counters that season were always worth waiting for and you always knew it could happen at any moment.

Jeopardy makes sport interesting. If you just steamroll teams that roll over week after week there’s not much jeopardy is there.

(I am enjoying winning a lot this season and Enzo has done brilliantly. Just making the point)
I see your point but you misunderstood (or I didn’t arrive curate it well).

Our method in 15/16 was fairly simple in getting the ball forward as quickly as possible- I think Claudio referred to us as The Red Arrows.

Pundits dismissed us as effective but route 1 or long ball and not “proper” football.

Now we are playing “proper” football our fans don’t like it (some) because it is more methodical and slower to get the ball forward.

Personally I can’t see how anyone couldn’t like both ways of playing as both were and are bringing success.

FWIW we are playing within ourselves and I believe that EM instructed the players to take their foot off the gas at 4-0 as there is no benefit in scoring more while risking injury when we have games coming our way thick and fast in December.

To paraphrase the late John Peel - there's no such thing as good football, there's only good spectators.

It seems to me that in any crowd there'll aways be people who don't enjoy the particular style being used by a team, whatever the result. Good football is football that works, Ranieri had it, Enzo has it, Ranieri's had a sell-by date, and Enzo's will too (hell, we can even say the same about Rodgers it's just that nobody at the club acted when they should've). As spectators and fans though, we should just be enjoying this, our medium term history isn't winning this many games even at Championship level!

I see your point but you misunderstood (or I didn’t arrive curate it well).

Our method in 15/16 was fairly simple in getting the ball forward as quickly as possible- I think Claudio referred to us as The Red Arrows.

Pundits dismissed us as effective but route 1 or long ball and not “proper” football.

Now we are playing “proper” football our fans don’t like it (some) because it is more methodical and slower to get the ball forward.

Personally I can’t see how anyone couldn’t like both ways of playing as both were and are bringing success.

FWIW we are playing within ourselves and I believe that EM instructed the players to take their foot off the gas at 4-0 as there is no benefit in scoring more while risking injury when we have games coming our way thick and fast in December.
I understood - I was just being awkward I think and porbably agreeing with you in the process.

There is a definite media concept for 'good football' - it principally means 'anything that looks like Pep Guardiola, our everloving god and messiah designed it'.

It's bollocks and we need to wake up from it. Good football is anything that is exciting and gets results.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463