It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps its just due to our high manager and player turnover over the last few years but I'm finding all this 'he's betrayed us, he said he loved us' stuff a little baffling and naive.

They're not taking the news too well down there......

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/dis...tentPK=19031971&folderPk=78018&pNodeId=133182

'David Jones from San Diego has a very good point. Fans are quick to judge and comment, but rarely consider how players, managers and the Board feel and how they have to make decisions on a personal and professional level. When fans start returning to Home Park instead of griping through websites and newspapers, then the club will have the spending power everyone wants it to have. Start turning up to matches and having your say loudly by supporting the team. They can't hear our support whilst you sit at computers whinging!! Season ticket holder, , Plymouth

:icon_lol:

Good comment

A plymouth fan is claiming Holloway has been out on 'gardening leave' for 18 months.

We're all relying on our, Ian Holloway
No more losing for a, week or two
Fun and laughter with our, Ian Holloway
For a week or two, ooo, ooo
Until he gets sacked too

Last edited:
Perhaps its just due to our high manager and player turnover over the last few years but I'm finding all this 'he's betrayed us, he said he loved us' stuff a little baffling and naive.

I am not naive enough to think that everybody does, or indeed should, tell the full truth on every occasion. I would have expected both Milan and Holloway to have made guarded remarks, "I am not prepared to rule anyone in, or out, until I have spoken to the chairman of my favoured choice.", "I am perfectly happy at Plymouth and know nothing about this speculation."
There is a difference between that and the sort of remarks that both men have reportedly made. I think Holloway is a good manager for City in their current situation but, I also feel both men are tarnished by the way they dismissed the rumours.

I'm confused.

He says until he's faced the board, and suitable compensation has been agreed then he will be on gardening leave for 18 months.

Personally I think it's crap. I can't see them being in a position to continue paying him, as well as another manager.

For those that are worried about another MA2 situation, check out Ollie's words at 1.10 (or 3.11 if it's counting down)!!!!!!

[youtube]pq7ch_LRcks[/youtube]

Last edited:
I am not naive enough to think that everybody does, or indeed should, tell the full truth on every occasion. I would have expected both Milan and Holloway to have made guarded remarks, "I am not prepared to rule anyone in, or out, until I have spoken to the chairman of my favoured choice.", "I am perfectly happy at Plymouth and know nothing about this speculation."
There is a difference between that and the sort of remarks that both men have reportedly made. I think Holloway is a good manager for City in their current situation but, I also feel both men are tarnished by the way they dismissed the rumours.

Theres the issue right there

A plymouth fan is claiming Holloway has been out on 'gardening leave' for 18 months.

Technically he has. But that's just a new way of interpreting what was previously posted on their OS. He has resigned, they haven't accepted... so it can carry on for 18 months.

Thought the last part of that showed exactly why he's nothing like MA personally.

Last edited:
Thought the last part of that showed exactly why he's nothing like MA personally.
Sorry, I thought I made it clear that I meant 1.10/3.11, and not actually the other parts which didn't liken to him to MA :icon_roll

Sorry, I thought I made it clear that I meant 1.10/3.11, and not actually the other parts which didn't liken to him to MA :icon_roll

I was not commenting on those parts though, i wasn't even really replying to that. Just purely saying that the end of it proved for me that he is not like MA.

Feckin hell.

Is Holloway's first name Billy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673