It's MIKE NEWELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Has anyone heard from Mad Biker recently?

Babylon

Joe_Fox said:
Has anyone heard from Mad Biker recently?

He was here yesterday, he posted about the reserves game.

Joe_Fox

Tease!

Rayvon

He knows something....

... G E T H I M !!!!

i'll go get ma dungarees and fetch ma pitchfork, we got us a lynching to do.

Leigh

RN Fox said:
Here we go........it is beginning to unfold and expect further news tomorrow. As I said all along this won't be rushed. Mike Newell is a stubborn character and it will go as he wishes so not to tarnish the reputation of this young manager. In my opinion the softly softly approach is good for him and LCFC but the fans have been through hell with all these other dodgy prospects like Holloway being thrown in the pot.

Nothing yet. :102: :105: :icon_wink

highland fox

RN Fox said:
Leigh, things are happening but not in the public domain ..... yet.
MN is on his way..............

I hope you are right about this RN:icon_wink

Willlow

What are people overall feeling about MN becoming manager? I for one think it would be a good move! As long as we stay up this season!

tsmiggy

Maybe......... Mr Newell is using the situation to get a better deal at Luton.I would imagine that his position is far stronger than it was 2 weeks ago_Of course its a lot better than Mr. Hollaways lol.Now where is that lawn mower,i have some gardening to do.

Last edited:

Leigh

Willlow said:
What are people overall feeling about MN becoming manager? I for one think it would be a good move! As long as we stay up this season!
I'm cautious about being too excited at the moment as we still don't know if he's coming. I think he's quite a good manager, more attack minded than CL (with the advantages and disadvantages that that brings), he's made a few good signings for Luton and seems to have gotten the best out of a few average players... also he's a guy with ambition. My concern about him would probably be that he's pretty inexperienced and hasn't been in the postion we're in now before. Also a lot of the things I've said above you'd probably have said about CL before he came.

highland fox

tsmiggy said:
Maybe......... Mr Newell is using the situation to get a better deal at Luton.I would imagine that his position is far stronger than it was 2 weeks ago.

But Luton are never going to attract decent players with a Ground like that.MN obviously wants to manage in the Premier and whilst we are light years away from that at the moment we at least have a Premier League set up.He may feel that he's took Luton as far as they can go.

Hazzman

highland fox said:
But Luton are never going to attract decent players with a Ground like that.MN obviously wants to manage in the Premier and whilst we are light years away from that at the moment we at least have a Premier League set up.He may feel that he's took Luton as far as they can go.

I agree with that. I'm scary at the minute though, all the names being baited about currently, Newell's the only one I think is something special.

Toronto

RN Fox said:
Leigh, things are happening but not in the public domain ..... yet.
MN is on his way..............

It HAS to be soon......before I'm on ulcer medication!
:icon_roll :icon_roll

PFKAKTF FOX

I think at the end of what has been a very sad time in our clubs history, that if we can come out of it at the end, with one of the most highly rated young managers around, and a former player to boot, then we will have done very well. It has been rather protracted, but if RN is too be believed, and there is no reason too doubt him then it will have been a worthwhile wait.

PFKAKTF FOX

drummindefender said:
i still smell bullshit

That will be Holloway, apparently it makes his roses grow, after all he is on gardening leave :biggrin:

Last edited:

RN Fox

Hazzman said:
RN Fox will never see the light of day on this forum if so.

Congrats on you 3k DD.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

What more can I do here. I highlighted the top choices Cotterill and Newell we lost out on Cotterill because of Burnleys determination to keep him. We now have the second choice virtually done and dusted he's had his second interview and he's keen to come, but again nothing is set in stone.

There are only 2 things that come into the equation:

1. If Luton somehow get him to change his mind via the fans, players and convincing MN that they will match his vision for the future and also give him a longer contract. Fans and players can sway a managers thinking and they could realistically offer him a new contract etc. but the sticking point will be the future vision. They cannot match what we can offer both in terms of resources and vision. Remember he used to play for the club and knows the score here.

2. If the board wait until after the Brighton game, which looks the case, and we batter them. They will may put pressure on RK to stay until the end of the season with a view to a new appointment then. This would deliver a little continuity and the "if it aint broke" scenario would kick in. Would MN stay on ice until then, I don't think so.

So the obvious solution is to bring in MN now to work with RK get us out of trouble and pave a way for a new dawn next year when once again we all gather on the same starting line. Then watch us go........

Once again the information sources are good so I will continue to post them here unless I get a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669