Confirmed Transfer Jermaine Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
:038:

But it's not on the OS, that's not confirmed ;)

Really good signing though, very pleased. Looking forward to him and Nuge up front together!

Not on the OS or from a club employee so not confirmed, still just mere speculation.

Excellent. Cannot comprehend why Maynard did not want to come. I think we've got someone just as good, if not better, and for a more realistic price. What's more, he is happy to come here. I wonder if Schmeichel had any influence?

5ec38545-c316-2898.jpg

Leicester City Football Club is delighted to confirm the signing of striker Jermaine Beckford on a four-year contract, subject to Football League approval.

Jermaine agreed personal terms at King Power Stadium ahead of Wednesday night's transfer deadline, after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee for the London-born forward.

A player of proven goal-scoring pedigree at Premier League and Football League level, Beckford becomes Sven-Goran Eriksson's twelfth new signing of the summer and will begin training with his new team-mates on Thursday.

Beckford, 27, joins the Foxes after a year with Everton, where he scored 10 goals in 38 appearances last season, his first in the top flight.

He joined the Toffees in August 2010 from Leeds United, where he harnessed a reputation as one of the most-feared marksmen in the Football League, scoring over 30 goals in each of his last two seasons at Elland Road, firing United to promotion from League 1 before his switch to Goodison Park.

Originally a trainee with Chelsea, Beckford first came to the attention of a host of Football League clubs during a spell with non-league Wealdstone, for whom he scored 35 goals in 40 appearances during the 2005-06 season.

He joined Leeds in March 2006 and enjoyed loan spells with Carlisle United and Scunthorpe United during his first season, helping the latter to promotion from League 1 with eight goals in 18 appearances during the second half of the campaign.

He returned to Leeds that summer and truly began to show his potential, hitting 20 goals in 47 games before passing the 30-goal mark in both of the following two campaigns. He left Leeds with an impressive record of 85 goals in 152 games.

Jermaine could be in line for his Leicester City debut when the Foxes travel to Barnsley on Saturday 10 September, and his home debut against Championship leaders Brighton on Saturday 17 September.

Excellent. Cannot comprehend why Maynard did not want to come. I think we've got someone just as good, if not better, and for a more realistic price. What's more, he is happy to come here. I wonder if Schmeichel had any influence?

I still think it was more Bristol holding out for as much as possible. I can see us going in with a reduced offer in January for him or perhaps waiting until the summer for a freebie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566