Confirmed Transfer Jermaine Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not allowed to do that now. The speculation, rumination, gesticulation and masturbation window is now closed. None of those things are allowed until January. One of those will hit me particularly hard.

Am I okay to masticate vigorously with a surly look on my face?

We're not allowed to do that now. The speculation, rumination, gesticulation and masturbation window is now closed. None of those things are allowed until January. One of those will hit me particularly hard.
You'll be pleased to know I managed to squeeze one of these in at the last minute. It was of course subject to football league approval.

But I can't wait that long for at least one of those things

When does the loan window open....

Look, I'm glad he's signed and I'm sure he will prove a success. But I always had this thing i my head of him being a proven goal scorer at this level. Looking on Wiki I can't see that he has ever scored in the Championship? Bulk of his goals seem to be in League 1?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jermaine_Beckford

Look, I'm glad he's signed and I'm sure he will prove a success. But I always had this thing i my head of him being a proven goal scorer at this level. Looking on Wiki I can't see that he has ever scored in the Championship? Bulk of his goals seem to be in League 1?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jermaine_Beckford

He went straight from Leeds (League One) to Everton - so he hasn't

Doesn't mean that he's not more than good enough to perform at this level

Good signing if he has sorted his attitude out. Leeds fan that works here always said he was great when on top of his game, but a real mardy get and sulker if not.

If the initial 3 million pounds is true, I think we have got a bargain. Sven said all along that he wanted someone who could run the channels and he has got his man. For me, Beckford is just the sort of player that we need when teams come to the King Power and sit back. He is the kind of player that will create something out of nothing - Find a gap in the defence, turn on a six pence, score with a cheeky flick. Nugent and Beckford up top together is quite a mouth watering prospect.

...and with the added possibility of having Vassell playing as a 3, would be exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669