Confirmed Transfer Jermaine Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand to be corrected here, but I believe a lot of people have a say in the fixture list. I understand that a computer produces a draft fixture list and this is then subject to revision after submissions by the police, British Transport Police, the clubs themselves and also, I think, The Football Supporters' Federation amongst others. The British Transport Police will try ( not always with success ) to have clubs who are particular rivals not travelling on the same line.

I believe that the clubs and the police have a say before and after the drafting of the draft fixture list.

On a slightly different note, have to say Beckford's interview made me laugh. 'Weak people feel pressure'. Hilarious. Arrogance is brilliant when they're on your side and you dont have day-to-day dealings with them. Get them goals in boy!

On a slightly different note, have to say Beckford's interview made me laugh. 'Weak people feel pressure'. Hilarious. Arrogance is brilliant when they're on your side and you dont have day-to-day dealings with them. Get them goals in boy!

I agree with him.
It's not how many times you get knocked down, so long as you get up once more than you get knocked down.
Don't just look at his large payday and say he shouldn't feel the pressure.
It's all relative.

I agree with him.
It's not how many times you get knocked down, so long as you get up once more than you get knocked down.
It's all relative.

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down......

I agree with him.
It's all relative.
Pressure is not necessarily about how to react to it, though certainly its something that only you can perceive for yourself on yourself- He gets a large payday but pressure is still existent. It certainly is all relative though.

Does anybody else want to share any more trite platitudes with us? Excuse the tautology.

“You grow up, you work half a century, you get a golden handshake, you rest a couple of years and you’re dead. And the only thing that makes that crazy ride worthwhile is ‘Did I enjoy it? What did I learn? What was the point?’ That’s where I come in. You’ve seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything’s possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don’t do it so they turn round and go ‘Thank you David for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs.’ I do it so, one day, someone will go ‘There goes David Brent. I must remember to thank him.’”

“The people you work with, are people you were just thrown together with. You don’t know them, it wasn’t your choice. And yet you spend more time with them then you do your friends or your family, but probably all you’ve got in common, is the fact that you walk around on the same bit of carpet for eight hours a day. And so, obviously, when someone comes in, who you, you have a connection with-yeah. And Dawn was a ray of sunshine in my life. It meant a lot. But if I’m really being honest, I never really thought it would have a happy ending.
I don’t know what a happy ending is. Life isn’t about endings is it? It’s a series of moments, and erm...it’s like if you turn the camera off, it’s not an ending is it? I’m still here, my life’s not over. Come back here in ten years, see how I’m doing then. Because I could be married with kids, you don’t know.
Life just goes on.”

"What shirt am I wearing bruv?!"

WARNING: You may want to stop the video at 30 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What shirt am I wearing bruv?!"

WARNING: You may want to stop the video at 30 seconds.

You need to be more explicit. :018: There is an utter **** on the video after 30 seconds. :icon_evil

Er, no. What it says in the paragraph that I highlighted is that Beckford's fee could rise to 14 million. That is what I hope is a miss-print.

"Mikel Arteta’s departure to Arsenal and Jermaine Beckford’s to Leicester may eventually raise around £14million for Everton" This is the opening sentence to the story. So the line you've highlighted is clearly a mis-print I grant you. I only read the opening Paragraph and that says everything we need to know.

Even better news is that Everton have confirmed the initial fee is £2.5 mill with add ons. Great Business in my opinion :)

"Mikel Arteta’s departure to Arsenal and Jermaine Beckford’s to Leicester may eventually raise around £14million for Everton" This is the opening sentence to the story. So the line you've highlighted is clearly a mis-print I grant you. I only read the opening Paragraph and that says everything we need to know.

Even better news is that Everton have confirmed the initial fee is £2.5 mill with add ons. Great Business in my opinion :)

Really good business, I agree. Even £4m is a snip if he helps us to the Premier League :)

Last edited:
on talksport yesterday afternoon, they were talking about a quote in one of the morning papers, i didn't catch which one, on how ironic it was that Mikel Arteta’s in going to Arsenal had taken a big drop in wages while Jermaine Beckford’s had recieved a £15,000 a week pay rise in moving to Leicester

on talksport yesterday afternoon, they were talking about a quote in one of the morning papers, i didn't catch which one, on how ironic it was that Mikel Arteta’s in going to Arsenal had taken a big drop in wages while Jermaine Beckford’s had recieved a £15,000 a week pay rise in moving to Leicester

Beckford's what? What else are we paying for? Dammit, this deal looks worse every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566