Confirmed Transfer Jermaine Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
on talksport yesterday afternoon, they were talking about a quote in one of the morning papers, i didn't catch which one, on how ironic it was that Mikel Arteta’s in going to Arsenal had taken a big drop in wages while Jermaine Beckford’s had recieved a £15,000 a week pay rise in moving to Leicester

a 15k pay rise is a hefty sum, that sounds a little far-fetched but i suppose its entirely possible! maybe he was on 3k at Everton!

As predicted in November 2009:

1.01-11-2009 01:16:12 PM

Re: Transfer Rumours

Sign Waghorn on loan until the end of the season. Buy Boyd from Peterborough for 1.5m (he will give us such much needed flair, creativity and goals on the left hand side). Beckford from Leeds for 1.5m + Steve Howard going in the other direction. Sell Dyer and Gradel for a total of 0.75m. Possibly consider a loan move for Stearman, with Neilson going back to Scotland for a fee of 0.3m.

As predicted in November 2009:

1.01-11-2009 01:16:12 PM

Re: Transfer Rumours

Sign Waghorn on loan until the end of the season. Buy Boyd from Peterborough for 1.5m (he will give us such much needed flair, creativity and goals on the left hand side). Beckford from Leeds for 1.5m + Steve Howard going in the other direction. Sell Dyer and Gradel for a total of 0.75m. Possibly consider a loan move for Stearman, with Neilson going back to Scotland for a fee of 0.3m.

Shows just how much bollocks fans spout and how little we know about valuations

I thought he was a bargain but if we are paying him 40k then I might just reconsider.

You can only reconsider after the season. If he hasn't banged the goals in then fair play, if he has then it's worth every penny.

You can only reconsider after the season. If he hasn't banged the goals in then fair play, if he has then it's worth every penny.

Plus it's possibly the same speculative bollocks that had the signing fee at £4.5m but changed to £2.5m a day later. I am going to speculate that he's on 70 bags of monster munch each week, pickled onion too, bargain?

space raiders apparently.

space raiders apparently.

Well, you've just embarrassed yourself, haven't you?
Stop being absurd, everybody knows that it's unlawful to pay salaries with Space Raiders.

Well, you've just embarrassed yourself, haven't you?
Stop being absurd, everybody knows that it's unlawful to pay salaries with Space Raiders.
I think the only flavour of crisp that Top would endorse is Thai Sweet Chilli. As far as i can recollect, Space Raiders didn't do this? God this is desperate.

Absolutely shite that this weekend is an International break. Sod international football it's totally wank. So there.

I have a solution to this.A quite simple one.Since it's painfully obvious that none of the home nations or the ROI will never win anything ever all the teams should be disbanded.That would mean all home based palyers would be available for games played in international breaks.
In addition all foreign players signing for UK clubs should have a clause in their contracts that states that they renounce their nationality upon signing & become 'stateless' for footballing purposes.Then he problem of international breaks will be solved at a stroke.
You may think this is not a feasible option but please remember that we are dealing here with professional footballers.They only come here for the money anyway & would gladly sell their souls for a few bob extra.
We could then return to the pre 1950 world when England just assumed they were the best team in the world & saw no reason to have to prove it.This would get rid of that inevitable underachievement every 2 years at international tournaments.
Also,shorn of all their Premier League players the other international sides would cease to be alluring to sponsors & the World Cup,Euros,Africa Cup of Nations,Copa America etc would downgrade to a bit of a summer kick-about & then cease to exist entirely when players realised there was no money in it.

All so simple really.

Talk Sport... good god. I half expected even a conversation about it to have an ad break !

I've had to stop listening to it these days. I swear they just spout ridiculous crap just to make the show more interesting and get more callers.

Brighton are a bigger club than Westham.... shut up Adrian.

He talks utter bollocks, but what do you expect, they have always done it to wind people up and get them calling in. I don't believe for a second that they believe the shit they spout on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566