Joseph Desire-Job - Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sun might demand a ruling on this. Surely a player, once transferred for a million or more, can always thereafter be referred to as a 'million-pound player'.

I feel pretty certain that the sun will think that it is not entirely in its own interests to fall down from the sky - and will do all in its power to avoid it. Surely the sun is going to say "Well that's good enough for me".

Time alone will tell, I suppose.

:081:

I love Boc!! :biggrin:

Why single them out? Its hardly the Anfield Bootroom in here is it? :102:

Mainly because one's just ruled about a player being any good because he's some from an African backwater and then the other poster believes we are gonna to sign everyone we are linked to.

Basically, both arguments or opinions have no real foundations to them, if some wants to arguing with me over the signing of Job using his opinion concerning his goalscoring form and Middlesborough spell, then fair play regardless of whether he's Ian Rush or Alan Hansen or Bernie. His opinion has a basis to work off.

To dismiss, Job because he's from Cameroon is frankly horseshit. (I don't mind Western calling my opinion horseshit) and then to dismiss him because we are signing Jarvis/Commons/Saganowski/Cole/Fowler is crap too.

That's my opinion on highlighting them in this particular circumstance - There are times where it's different but it's your opinion on here that hardly anyone is knowledgable about Football. Others may think differently and say that at least 50% of the forum that people can provide a good debate.

Last edited:
The flow of shite in to belviour drive seems unstoppable. It's all going pear shaped and theres nothing anyone can do about it. Top 6?? Do well to avoid the bottom 6 at this rate. Truly awful!

I never know if you are serious or sarcastic! I fail to see how this is a shite signing so I will go with sarcastic!

This is really disappointing, he's absolute kak!! Just look at his record for heavens sake, Boro' couldn't wait to get rid of him on loan until the end of his contract. He's also just been relagated in a very poor side in which he wasn't even a regular starter. There have been some rumours on some sites that Fryatt might be sold which would also be very disappointing. Fryatt has shown enough to show that he can develop into a very decent player and he's still very young, this clown is too old to learn new tricks! I'm ok with Cort having a chance and Todorov would be a great signing but Job no way. If Fryatt goes to accomodate this waste of space then I would have to question what Mandaric's up to and his motives. I'd sooner trust the new boy Sappleton or one of our youth players than Badjob!

Cheers

I think Job and all our new signings are better than the players they are replacing or competing for a place against, and do not give me any of that Fryatt and Hume just needed a few more games to find their form crap! Last year's team on the whole was a disinterested, unmotivated shower of sh*te!

I hope MA takes no prisoners this week on the training pitches and anyone found wanting is marked as a bench warmer or transfer listed!

At least we know then that whoever gets to wear the shirt against Blackpool is committed to the cause!

I like the bit where I'm shown as a junior member, it makes a 48yr old feel quite upbeat. On the other hand, some of you out there must be really old buggers!

Cheers.

The flow of shite in to belviour drive seems unstoppable. It's all going pear shaped and theres nothing anyone can do about it. Top 6?? Do well to avoid the bottom 6 at this rate. Truly awful!

I think there will be some good news this week, so cheer up ya miserable moose.

Hows the new motor ??

Mainly because one's just ruled about a player being any good because he's some from an African backwater and then the other poster believes we are gonna to sign everyone we are linked to.

Basically, both arguments or opinions have no real foundations to them, if some wants to arguing with me over the signing of Job using his opinion concerning his goalscoring form and Middlesborough spell, then fair play regardless of whether he's Ian Rush or Alan Hansen or Bernie. His opinion has a basis to work off.

To dismiss, Job because he's from Cameroon is frankly horseshit. (I don't mind Western calling my opinion horseshit) and then to dismiss him because we are signing Jarvis/Commons/Saganowski/Cole/Fowler is crap too.

That's my opinion on highlighting them in this particular circumstance - There are times where it's different but it's your opinion on here that hardly anyone is knowledgable about Football. Others may think differently and say that at least 50% of the forum that people can provide a good debate.

Don't worry about it, it was more a light hearted dig at the general quality of posters than a serious comment.

I gave up giving serious comments on here many moons ago.

To be fair I think we might be better than last year. Top 6 though, so far you're having a laugh. :icon_conf :icon_conf

So far we are only six places adrift...

This is really disappointing, he's absolute kak!! Just look at his record for heavens sake, Boro' couldn't wait to get rid of him on loan until the end of his contract. He's also just been relagated in a very poor side in which he wasn't even a regular starter. There have been some rumours on some sites that Fryatt might be sold which would also be very disappointing. Fryatt has shown enough to show that he can develop into a very decent player and he's still very young, this clown is too old to learn new tricks! I'm ok with Cort having a chance and Todorov would be a great signing but Job no way. If Fryatt goes to accomodate this waste of space then I would have to question what Mandaric's up to and his motives. I'd sooner trust the new boy Sappleton or one of our youth players than Badjob!

Cheers

:102:

Oh and Fryatts record (I am a fan of Fryatt but you can't argue the facts) is as bad as job

I like the bit where I'm shown as a junior member, it makes a 48yr old feel quite upbeat. On the other hand, some of you out there must be really old buggers!

Cheers.

Hello. :039: :039: :039: :039:

This is really disappointing, he's absolute kak!! Just look at his record for heavens sake, Boro' couldn't wait to get rid of him on loan until the end of his contract. He's also just been relagated in a very poor side in which he wasn't even a regular starter. Cheers

Sky Sports http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=468365&plid=4431&clid=151&cpid=24

''Former Middlesbrough striker Job has impressed everyone at Sedan in scoring eight goals in 28 appearances and his decision to stay for a further campaign will be a major fillip, in their bid for an immediate return to Ligue 1.''

He's 29 - he's not old.

F.f. sake how good is a signing from some backwater of an african country going to be to us.....................might just as well pluck someone out of the obscurity of the Conference............... than a has-been who never made it

I assume you'd be upset if Chelsea loaned us Drogba for a season, given that he's from the Ivory Coast.

My inference about the backwaters of Africa comes from the fact that I misread newspaper reports of him being in Sudan........ not some obscure div.1 french side ....but still that is a mighty big fall from the premiership with Middlesborough, what 2-3 seasons ago

We are desperate for a consistant scorer...... which we have'nt had for a few Seasons now

no fool like an old fool without glasses

Can't believe how out of touch with reality some people are. If we sign this bloke and perhaps Todorov I will be happy with our forwards going into the season.

Sunderland went up with f*cking Stern John playing for them. Hell Akinbadbuy is a good player in this league.

I also don't buy into the notion the we are no better than we were:

Neilsen - we have brought in a bit of experience. I haven't seen him play but he has been ever present in his last team since he joined them. Can they be that wrong?

Chambers - experienced promotion on a number of occassions and will do a solid defensive job.

N'Gotty - Promoted last year with Brum. A good quality signing.

Kisnorbo - We know what he is all about.

IMO one player short of a bloody good defence

Kishishev - Better than any midfielder we have had for years with plenty of premier league experience.

Hellings - I don't know anything about him but i have seen Stephen Hughes play and know he can not be anywhere close to that f*cking bad.

Mattock - should for me be starting the lad is class.

Admittedly we do need more in the midfield but we have added to it with Kish and he should do a good job.

I'm not going to go through all of the strikers. But needless to say if we signed Job he would be better than ELvis and probably Fryatt. You only need to score 4 goals in the season to beat Fryatts efforts this year. Cort may well do well and we know what we will get from Hume.

It isn't a playoff team I will admit but it IS a better team than last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670