Joseph Desire-Job - Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe how out of touch with reality some people are. If we sign this bloke and perhaps Todorov I will be happy with our forwards going into the season.

Sunderland went up with f*cking Stern John playing for them. Hell Akinbadbuy is a good player in this league.

I also don't buy into the notion the we are no better than we were:

Neilsen - we have brought in a bit of experience. I haven't seen him play but he has been ever present in his last team since he joined them. Can they be that wrong?

Chambers - experienced promotion on a number of occassions and will do a solid defensive job.

N'Gotty - Promoted last year with Brum. A good quality signing.

Kisnorbo - We know what he is all about.

IMO one player short of a bloody good defence

Kishishev - Better than any midfielder we have had for years with plenty of premier league experience.

Hellings - I don't know anything about him but i have seen Stephen Hughes play and know he can not be anywhere close to that f*cking bad.

Mattock - should for me be starting the lad is class.

Admittedly we do need more in the midfield but we have added to it with Kish and he should do a good job.

I'm not going to go through all of the strikers. But needless to say if we signed Job he would be better than ELvis and probably Fryatt. You only need to score 4 goals in the season to beat Fryatts efforts this year. Cort may well do well and we know what we will get from Hume.

It isn't a playoff team I will admit but it IS a better team than last year.

Well said, agree completely. And with Meelan saying there should be another 4/5 after Job if we get him, then we could have a far better team than before. If those extra 4/5 players are Todorov, Clemence, Hendrie, Kaebi and a good left back for example, I'd think that would be a very strong team in this league, and we'd be top half/challenging for the playoffs come the end of the season

With that squad for example, Fryatt would probably be our worst striker, when he was a guaranteed striker pretty much last season. (On the issue of Fryatt, it annoys me how everyone is writing him off already. He's got a touch of class, and for me was just a victim of the lack of a reserves team... I still think he'll come good, and I hope that's for us!)

Last edited:
Really don't get this fascination with Todorov,yes he scored goals in this Standard but that was a long time ago and since coming back from a serious injury he has looked nothing like the player he was

Can't believe how out of touch with reality some people are. If we sign this bloke and perhaps Todorov I will be happy with our forwards going into the season.

Sunderland went up with f*cking Stern John playing for them. Hell Akinbadbuy is a good player in this league.

I also don't buy into the notion the we are no better than we were:

Neilsen - we have brought in a bit of experience. I haven't seen him play but he has been ever present in his last team since he joined them. Can they be that wrong?

Chambers - experienced promotion on a number of occassions and will do a solid defensive job.

N'Gotty - Promoted last year with Brum. A good quality signing.

Kisnorbo - We know what he is all about.

IMO one player short of a bloody good defence

Kishishev - Better than any midfielder we have had for years with plenty of premier league experience.

Hellings - I don't know anything about him but i have seen Stephen Hughes play and know he can not be anywhere close to that f*cking bad.

Mattock - should for me be starting the lad is class.

Admittedly we do need more in the midfield but we have added to it with Kish and he should do a good job.

I'm not going to go through all of the strikers. But needless to say if we signed Job he would be better than ELvis and probably Fryatt. You only need to score 4 goals in the season to beat Fryatts efforts this year. Cort may well do well and we know what we will get from Hume.

It isn't a playoff team I will admit but it IS a better team than last year.

good post

i think that we need at least one more defender like you said (probably a left back)

i also think that we need 3 more midfielders ( CM, LM and RM)

and we need probably 2 more strikers toderov and job would do

Really don't get this fascination with Todorov,yes he scored goals in this Standard but that was a long time ago and since coming back from a serious injury he has looked nothing like the player he was

Personally I don't think we're actually interested in Todorov anyway, and if we are it will be in case we don't get Job.

If we have Hume, Fryatt, Cort, Job and Todorov, then at least one of them isn't even going to be making the bench regularly, and I don't think any of them would be happy about that. Job and Todorov would both expect to be first choice if they came here. Cort, while I think willing to accept that he has to prove himself, wouldn't have signed to always be at best the 3rd choice. Hume's just signed a new 3 year contract, so he's clearly staying and I can't see Allen moving him into midfield (at least not on a permanent basis). The only question is where Fryatt figures in MA's plans... If he's in them, then we won't be signing both Todorov and Job I think.

Plus we've then got Sappleton, Dodds, Chambers, Odihambo, McKay etc to backup the first choice if we need it.

I would like to see both Job and Todorov sign. However, two of the supposed 5 dignings we may make MUST be a left-back and a right-winger. You could argue we have Mattock and Sheehan for left-back but do we have a single player who is a natural right-winger? Kishishev and I guess Chambers could play there but then we are back to the Rob Kelly days of putting square plugs in round holes. Come on MA, please give us a winger or two.

Last edited:
This has just been on Sky Sports News. Interview with some agent, who said he's trying to bring Joseph Job (Ex Boro) back to England, he said hes in contact with Leicester about it.

No rumour, he will sign this week.

There are also a few more "big names" to come.

Will let you know when I know.

I would like to see both Job and Todorov sign. However, two of the supposed 5 dignings we may make MUST be a left-back and a right-winger. You could argue we have Mattock and Sheehan for left-back but do we have a single player who is a natural right-winger? Kishishev and I guess Chambers could play there but then we are back to the Rob Kelly days of putting square plugs in round holes. Come on MA, please give us a winger or two.

We definetely need at least 1 left sided player, either full back or winger, as well. Which one (and how many) depends on where (and if) Mattock plays. At his age though I don't think Mattock will be ready to play the whole season and is more likely to be used as second choice to someone more experienced... so we'd need a left winger and left back I think, with Porter and Mattock for cover.

If it's 5 signings to come after Job, I'd like to see:

Left back
Left winger
Right winger
2 centre mids (preferably one who can also play on one of the flanks if needed e.g. Hendrie)

Last edited:
well least its only a 3 letter name on the back of the shirt, pretty cheap ;)

I know a lot of Pompey fans down here who still think he is class, who still say he can cut the premieship mustard and would have liked to see a lot more of him this season in the team...

He also obliterated a lot of defences when Pompey were promoted.

That and he would be better than anything we have.

No rumour, he will sign this week.

There are also a few more "big names" to come.

Will let you know when I know.

you've got me all excited aswell

are they big name players who are past it or big named players who have still got it left in them :102:

I know a lot of Pompey fans down here who still think he is class, who still say he can cut the premieship mustard and would have liked to see a lot more of him this season in the team...

He also obliterated a lot of defences when Pompey were promoted.

That and he would be better than anything we have.
But what do they base that on,he's hardly played in the last two years.He may have obliterated them but that was a good while back before a serious injury

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670