Joseph Desire-Job - Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should all happen quite soon. MA back off holiday now, he said this afternoon that he was about to bring in big names.

The club announced Cort as a 'Major transfer coup' so is that the standard implied by the term 'big names'?

Fryatt has shown enough to show that he can develop into a very decent player and he's still very young, this clown is too old to learn new tricks!
Hooray! He's too old at 29!

The idea that footballers are past it at 30 is such an old fashioned view and patently bullshit when you look at the age of many of the players in the Premier League. Add to that the fact that most players only spend a year or two at each club these days - personally I'd have no problem with us signing a few players in their mid-thirties if they are of the required quality.

But maybe you're right, we should have a team of 17 year olds... that will win us the league. :icon_roll

Is he currently in the Cameroon setup - if so, we'll miss out on his services during the forthcoming African Cup of Nations in Feb.

Shame, with him and Todorov both now out of the picture, I'm wondering who we'll turn to for more strikers?

Robbie Fowler?

If we don't get rid of Fryatt I am more than happy with our strike force for next season

If we don't get rid of Fryatt I am more than happy with our strike force for next season

I'm happy with the ones we've got, but think we need 1 more just for numbers. Sappleton has been brought in as one for the future, so the only real first choice strikers we have are Hume, Fryatt and Cort. 3 strikers isn't enough.

Job isn't coming says so in the merc. Deal couldn't be agreed with Sedan.

We need one more striker. However i do believe that the midfield is the most important as the strikers we have can bag the goals if they are given good service.

Hume scored 15 odd goals last season without a midfield to set them up for him. If we had a couple of creative players he could bang 20 in easily.

the new iranian guy is v fast and supposadly his crossing ability is superb so i can see goals from cort there.

Definately need another striker.

Please not another season where Dodo sightings are more forthcoming than Leicester City Goals.

Get someone in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670