Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number 2 on my list.

Number 2 Tee Hee. Little India Arnesby, Dine India- Countesthorpe and Cuisine of India Wigston all serve very much the same standard. Cuisine shades it for me as its 9 minutes away and has a bigger bar. :icon_lol:

Number 2 Tee Hee. Little India Arnesby, Dine India- Countesthorpe and Cuisine of India Wigston all serve very much the same standard. Cuisine shades it for me as its 9 minutes away and has a bigger bar. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Cuisine of India is ok - I just find the staff a bit annoying. One of my mates left a very small portion of their meal and the waiter spent about 10 minutes questioning him as to why. Also seems a bit rushed in there compared to the others.

waiter spent about 10 minutes questioning him as to why. Also seems a bit rushed in there compared to the others.

Can't be that rushed if they can spend 10 minutes asking about an unfinished plate!

Still never had the privilege of the one in Arnesby. The one in Peckleton isn't too bad either.

I went to Dine India about a month ago, mid-week and it was deserted, which surprised me as it's always been packed before.

I've always liked Little India but the last time I went I had a dish which was 95% sauce - very disappointing.

I went to Dine India about a month ago, mid-week and it was deserted, which surprised me as it's always been packed before.

I've always liked Little India but the last time I went I had a dish which was 95% sauce - very disappointing.

Have you been to Cuisine?

Eating at Out of India in Shepshed next week, been a few years ago and was OK, is it still?

I had two courses and drinks there for 2 people for 44p.

Was excellent, although I reckon the waiter will probably put the correct amount of zeros when you pay.

Also the Kashmir Tandoori in Coalville is by far the best take away indian I have ever had.

Have you been to Cuisine?

nope

Went to the royal Bengal in Harborough on Wed. The food was ok as ever but the service was unusually bad. We were served by someone I hadn't seen before. I think he needs some training.

Last edited:
Young lad, red shirt? Called Sammy

I didn't ask his name.

After a few failed attempts at getting him to take our main order (we'd already finished all the popodoms) the large guy eventually came over.

Outside the place Sammy's a good lad and can bust a groove on the Enigma dancefloor - sadly he gets easily distracted in the workplace, hence why he is usually stationed behind the bar. The big fella's good, but sweaty.

Went to the Bell in East Langton last night - excellent as always. Had pork belly which came with the best crackling i've ever had

Frankie & Benny's - Meridian

9 of us went last night for a birthday meal. All had a main meal with several extras. There were also 4 that had puddings. A round of drinks also on the bill. £99.70 all in.

Good efficient service and my 'Philly steak pizza' was excellent.

Monday is their promotional day, so our bill came with 25% discount (food only). I understand this is every Monday except bank holidays.

7.5/10

Last edited:
Frankie & Benny's - Meridian

9 of us went last night for a birthday meal. All had a main meal with several extras. There were also 4 that had puddings. A round of drinks also on the bill. £99.70 all in.

Good efficient service and my 'Philly steak pizza' was excellent.

Monday is their promotional day, so our bill came with 25% discount (food only). I understand this is every Monday except bank holidays.

7.5/10

Totally horrific venue in every way. Not cheap and food is worse than Tescos average microwavable efforts.

I would avoid this awfull chain at every opportunity!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally horrific venue in every way. Not cheap and food is worse than Tescos average microwavable efforts.

I would avoid this awfull chain at every opportunity!

If less than £100 isn't cheap for 9 main meals, 4 puddings and 9 drinks then I don't know what is :icon_conf

Not sure if anyone has mentioned these

Rossini's on Coventry Road, Hinckley
Fantastic, proper Italian. Excellent presentation and choice. Slight bugbear...only two vegetarian dishes

and

Simla on Coventry Road, Hinckley
Fantastic Indian, not at all your paint-by-numbers Indian that most are. Wide choice of things you haven't heard of, as well as your usual "two poppadoms, two Cobras and don't forget the lime pickle"

two cracking restaurants well worth a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670