Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had two cocktails when we arrived, the set menu each, plus I paid extra for the scallops/steak and a decent bottle of wine.

Last edited:
£60 quid of the bill was alcohol.

That's fair enough so. To be honest, I thought £120 was an obscene amount of money to charge to feed two, what are basically, land mammals.

Colourworks opposite Castle Park.... Got the £23 groupon and was a little skeptical really, I needn't have worried as it really was superb. I started with crispy belly of pork with apricot chutney, followed by the intermediate champagne sorbet, and finished off with the roast Sea-bass with Parmesan crust. I thought the foot was very good and the service was nice and quick, house wine was nice and also the Morretti on tap.

Finished off with a Liqueur Coffee from a range of about 10 offered.

Oh the Mrs had a load of vegetarian stuff so I wont bother you with that.

I too that as well, paid the extra for the fillet steak, bang on. mrs had sea bass which was alright considering I hate fish

excellent service as you say

If anyone of you are in Nottingham and fancy an Indian, you can't go wrong with The Cumin on Maid Marian Way.

Went on Friday, and it was absolutely sublime. I had the chilli chicken to start, followed by the lamb gosht. The service was excellent. It was quite busy, however the waiting time was reasonable.

Bill for 2 people with a couple of drinks each - £60

Highly recommended 9/10

Any recommendations for places in Notts? Been to Jamie's Italian and the Zizzi's they have here, have my eye on the seafood place on King's street. I like La Tasca but the girlfriend isn't really into tapas.

Any hidden gems in the city?

Any recommendations for places in Notts? Been to Jamie's Italian and the Zizzi's they have here, have my eye on the seafood place on King's street. I like La Tasca but the girlfriend isn't really into tapas.

I've heard good things about The Pitcher and Piano

Have already posted two. The Cumin is quite informal, however The Living Room is a trousers and shirt place IMO.

What sort of food do you like?

If you want a decent curry and want to remain central, The Mogal El Azeem (sp) just by the Royal Centre is very good.

If you want a decent steak, then you won't get much better than the Soulville Steakhouse on Queen Street, just off Upper Parliament Street.

If you want a Chinese buffet type meal, then out of all the ones in town 'May Sum' is by far the best.

If you want Greek, then Eviva Taverna on Barker Gate (opposite Bistro Live) is nice. It wasn't my cup of tea, but was told by the person I went with who is in to Greek food that it was very good.

If you want a decent Italian (pricey though), then Piccolino in the Lace Market is excellent. It's just by La Tasca and before The Living Room.

Ask away Ted if there's anything else you want to know.

Wow cheers Notts! Pitcher & Piano is nice, although I've never been in for more than a G&T.

Its a birthday meal, so it needs to be nice, not too nice mind..... I didn't get any work this weekend and we've just had a massive water bill :icon_lol:

It's a good list ta, I'll consult her.

Have already posted two. The Cumin is quite informal, however The Living Room is a trousers and shirt place IMO.

What sort of food do you like?

If you want a decent curry and want to remain central, The Mogal El Azeem (sp) just by the Royal Centre is very good.

If you want a decent steak, then you won't get much better than the Soulville Steakhouse on Queen Street, just off Upper Parliament Street.

If you want a Chinese buffet type meal, then out of all the ones in town 'May Sum' is by far the best.

If you want Greek, then Eviva Taverna on Barker Gate (opposite Bistro Live) is nice. It wasn't my cup of tea, but was told by the person I went with who is in to Greek food that it was very good.

If you want a decent Italian (pricey though), then Piccolino in the Lace Market is excellent. It's just by La Tasca and before The Living Room.

Ask away Ted if there's anything else you want to know.

Would definitely recommend this place.

Went to Loch Fyne on King's Street last night in the end.

Mackerel pate, moules mariniere and creme brulee. Absolutely gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669