Leeds accept Schmeichel offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's released a statement:

At the end of the season Leeds United and I both made a commitment to honour the last year of my contract and try to win promotion with Leeds United.
Therefore it is with great disappointment that I have learned that Leeds United have accepted an offer from Leicester.
I want to put on record that I have never asked to leave the Leeds United, nor did I reject an offer for a new contract, since one was never put to me.
I was enjoying being a Leeds United player and was looking forward to winning promotion this season with the club.
I have spoken to the manager Simon Grayson and he has made it clear to me, that, in spite of having played well for him, this is something he believes is a good deal for Leeds United.
I have been put in a very difficult situation and will spend some time considering my options for my future.

I know people are jumping all over him, saying that he said he doesn't want to come here and giving him a bit of abuse for it, but I don't see that in his statement. Sure, he says he's disappointed that Leeds have accepted our bid for him, but, in the context of the statement, that seems (to me at least) to be because he doesn't want to leave Leeds and is annoyed with them for accepting that bid. :102:

This may of course be because he'd like his contract to run down and therefore be in a stronger personal position this time next year.

Last edited:
Bunch of workshy, holiday-loving, overpaid tossers. Cut their pensions and lob them on the dole - that'll learn 'em.
:icon_lol:
Look on the bright side. At least BM attacks the post rather than the poster :icon_lol:
:icon_lol:
Only if they are a shit teacher. A good teacher will (nearly) always assess against the LO at the end of the lesson.
Most of them don't care or remember to be honest.

I know people are jumping all over him, saying that he said he doesn't want to come here and giving him a bit of abuse for it, but I don't see that in his statement. Sure, he says he's disappointed that Leeds have accepted our bid for him, but, in the context of the statement, that seems (to me at least) to be because he doesn't want to leave Leeds and is annoyed with them for accepting that bid. :102:

This may of course be because he'd like his contract to run down and therefore be in a stronger personal position this time next year.

Surely if he doesn't want to leave Leeds then he doesn't want to come to Leicester either? The two things aren't mutually exclusive, he's got to do one thing to do the other.

Personally I think he's just made that statement to cover his own arse and to keep the Leeds fans off his back if the move falls through. Andy Carroll did the same thing after his move to Liverpool, he came out bleating about how he didn't want to be sold and it was all out of his hands - but when all's said and done, only one person can sign on the dotted line to join another club, and that's the player.

I personally don't think he will come now. If he was happy to move here, he would have not have come out with that statement at this point. Instead he would say it after the deal was done.

I've a feeling he will run down his contract at Leeds to totally feck 'em.

Can't be any worse than Weale and quite a bit younger.

A Sven favourite too. Hope it comes to pass.

He only kept 9 clean sheets last season. The only top half team that conceded more was us!

I've a feeling he will run down his contract at Leeds to totally feck 'em.

I agree. Looks like we are an unforunate third party in a game being played between Leeds & the player/ his agent.

I must say that I thought there was something missing in the plot when there was no mention in the Grayson statement re talks between Leicester & the player on personal terms and a medical etc.

The only thing that could scuper this is fecking West Ham poking in (as they seem to have done with Maynard and Yak), surely Kasper has spoken to Sven before the bid even if it was just a brief outline of our plans and his possible salary

That's strange given that it was always Weale's or Ricardo's fault when we failed to keep a clean sheet. Don't forget, we conceded 6 against bloody Portsmouth.

That's strange given that it was always Weale's or Ricardo's fault when we failed to keep a clean sheet. Don't forget, we conceded 6 against bloody Portsmouth.

And Weale was hardly at fault for many as the defence was shocking that night - Morrison had probably his worst ever game.
The defence of Leeds was probably the main reason they did not make the Playoffs as they made countless mistakes and without a good keeper they could struggle this coming season. Kisnorbo missing the season through injury was a key problem and will he be the same player from now on as he is getting on a bit. Leeds did so well for a while last season due to the attack they had, including another ex player of ours who scored the number of goals we need in our team.
But with a solid defence which Sven will hopefully put together I think that Kasper will add the needed last line of defence we have been missing.

Looks like he has joined already.
. He spent only one season with the Magpies as, while it was a very successful one for the club and the player himself, changes to the club's financial position made his departure necessary and his contract was terminated by mutual consent. He joined Leeds United in May 2010. And a year later, he joined Leicester City.

And Weale was hardly at fault for many as the defence was shocking that night - Morrison had probably his worst ever game.
The defence of Leeds was probably the main reason they did not make the Playoffs as they made countless mistakes and without a good keeper they could struggle this coming season. Kisnorbo missing the season through injury was a key problem and will he be the same player from now on as he is getting on a bit. Leeds did so well for a while last season due to the attack they had, including another ex player of ours who scored the number of goals we need in our team.
But with a solid defence which Sven will hopefully put together I think that Kasper will add the needed last line of defence we have been missing.

I take it that last quote was from Wiki?

Bloody hell, someone's put it on Wikipedia?! Why didn't you say so before? I'm off to the club shop to get his name printed on my shirt - it'll look good in the wardrobe next to my Given, Owen, Huddlestone, Mungongo, Shitpants and Cruyff shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669