Post Match Leicester 0 Hull 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus. Put this guy out of his misery already.

This guy being whom?

I'm sure that people have different opinions about who the miserable ones are and who could be done without.

the pitch had obviously been heavily watered, yet most of the game we kept knocking the ball up in the air, at times it was like head tennis in midfield.

It's all a shame that Pearson couldn't make the step up from being a fantastic success in the Championship. One of those things in sport.. it reminds me of the Graeme Hick scenario in cricket; 'flat track bully' on County cricket but couldn't get the results in international cricket.

I doubt if Pearson would make a success in the Championship next season. To start off with his credibility is shot and the make up of his squad is likely to be a bit of a dogs dinner when the better players do a runner.

This is what happens in top level sport when people - in this case the owners - don't show the right level of ruthlessness. They should have been proactive and got rid months ago letting Pearson (and all the rest of us) escape from this misery.

Nothing much can be done at the moment - but come the summer please let them have the bottle to bring someone in to make a new start. It's not going to be a walk in the park though.

Cambipants for manager and head of catering

It would be a shame to see him go, he is entertaining to watch and doesn't mince his words. Still, yesterday was fecking garbage again. We're about the only side in the league who don't look remotely like we're capable of winning a match at the minute. Relegation will be the best thing, all the players who don't have any interest in the club will hopefully be sold on or leave and hopefully we'll rebuild next year, come up again and have another go.

Who is going to want the players though? There's probably 2-3 that will be in demand, the rest I doubt very much.

we'll rebuild next year, come up again and have another go.

Sounds easy doesn't it? Except that last time we went down, it took a decade for us to come up again.

People have to remember that a relegation season destroys players and staff. Many of our squad from last season had never played at this level and had a hunger and desire that drove them to becoming Premier League players. For a lot of them, they now know that they're not up to it so all the motivation, hunger and application is gone, probably for ever. Likewise with the manager, I've no doubt that he thought he'd be able to manage at this level. He's been found out and that will change him. He'll never be the same again. Very, very few players or managers fail at the top level, drop down and then come back successfully.

We need to ditch everyone out of contract, sell on a few more and start again with a new manager.

Sounds easy doesn't it? Except that last time we went down, it took a decade for us to come up again.

People have to remember that a relegation season destroys players and staff. Many of our squad from last season had never played at this level and had a hunger and desire that drove them to becoming Premier League players. For a lot of them, they now know that they're not up to it so all the motivation, hunger and application is gone, probably for ever. Likewise with the manager, I've no doubt that he thought he'd be able to manage at this level. He's been found out and that will change him. He'll never be the same again. Very, very few players or managers fail at the top level, drop down and then come back successfully.

We need to ditch everyone out of contract, sell on a few more and start again with a new manager.

Im sure our ridiculous bonus payments could persuade players to try and get promoted again. If we do keep Pea Son for next season it'd be wise to give him the rest of the season off to have a lie down and get some help.

garbage again. We're about the only side in the league who don't look remotely like we're capable of winning a match at the minute. Relegation will be the best thing, all the players who don't have any interest in the club will hopefully be sold on or leave and hopefully we'll rebuild next year, come up again and have another go.

Yes -it's not the mathematics of the relegation battle that is the main problem - it is that we aren't capable of scoring goals and winning games at this level. Pearson talks the talk about the intent, but the reality tells a very different story of players who haven't the capacity to do the business and a manager whose selections/ tactics are woeful e.g. I would guess that opposing sides would see Ulloa as our main potential goal scoring threat - but he doesn't get much playing time now and his confidence must in turn be shot. Matt B probably has a better chance of being picked than Albrighton!

There is a cynical view around that the grand plan for the club's finances is to stick at a level that is capable of alternating beween the two divisions to garner parachute money - I hope that this isn't the case and that the owners are actively looking at replacement options.

It would be a shame to see him go, he is entertaining to watch

Yes, it was vert entertaining to watch him yesterday sat up in the gods whilst our must win game unravelled before our very eyes.

He should have been on the edge of that area orchestrating his side and showing some degree of interest.

This guy being whom?

I'm sure that people have different opinions about who the miserable ones are and who could be done without.

Pearson of course!

I see your point regarding this incident. Taken in isolation there isn't much to it...but it's the latest in a series of missteps from poostains.

Pearson of course!

I see your point regarding this incident. Taken in isolation there isn't much to it...but it's the latest in a series of missteps from poostains.

whoooosh!

I think that Pearson is quite good tactically but we don't have the players to forfill what he wants. However I think Pearson is the most unmotivational manager I have seen for a while.

We didn't replace the whole squad when we got relegated to League 1 and it didn't destroy them. It depends on the characters and I think ours seem fairly resilient.

Quite the contrary. I chose to answer a rhetorical question emphthatically for effect.

In that case, you didn't understand the rhetoric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669