Post Match Leicester 0 Hull 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't replace the whole squad when we got relegated to League 1 and it didn't destroy them. It depends on the characters and I think ours seem fairly resilient.

Woah woah woah! Don't let facts get in the way of a good BN bullshit story.

Jamie Carragher warned about this on TV and I think he had a point. The players have just not looked the same since the owners flirted with sacking Pearson. The owners had to be decisive at that point, because otherwise the players will be looking for an excuse rather than taking

The performances at Arsenal and Everton I must have imagined.

That's a real beauty of a post. A friend of mine said something similar when Reading went back down. The premier league is heralded as this amazing golden goose but if you can't get a ticket and you lose every week knowing that you'll probably keep doing that until next season when you'll probably still get relegated, what's the point?!

I honestly don't understand this argument. Surely, sport is all about testing oneself at the highest level that can be achieved. Obviously, someone taking up, say golf, in retirement probably doesn't aim at winning the open, but does look to improve their handicap. In professional football, it would be optimistic for Halifax to target a Premier League spot but, a team the size of Leicester City must surely aim for the highest league.

Paraphrasing JFK, we should aim for the Premier League not because it's easy, but because it is hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't understand this argument. Surely, sport is all about testing oneself at the highest level that can be achieved. Obviously, someone taking up, say golf, in retirement probably doesn't aim at winning the open, but does look to improve their handicap. In professional football, it would be optimistic for Halifax to target a Premier League spot but, a team the size of Leicester City must surely aim for the highest league.

Paraphrasing JFK, we should aim for the Premier League not because it's easy, but because it is hard.

To win it?

Why the feck not? Shoot for the stars...

At the minute, it'd be nice to win a match or two.

I'm all for aiming as high as possible, but until we get taken over by a multi-gazillionaire, it ain't gonna happen.

I would like to win a match or two though (although that feels a long way off at the moment).

To win it?

I found it interesting before the season began and our owners said that they had a long term plan to make LCFC a top six club. They were shot down and derided on every front.

Where ever you put the blame (and I think that you all know where I put it), with the expenditure that we have made this season, we should have done better and I think we ought to have held our Premier League status. Had we so done, I can see no reason for us not having progressed to a mid-table team capable of a push for Europe every few years.

Yes sitting with the gods worked out hideously last season didn't it? Like it did in the first five games this season.

Non argument

You cannot see the difference between sitting up there whilst your side are beating everyone put in front of them and sitting up there whilst the game you have personally billed as being 'must win' plays out with **** all urgency or attacking intent right in front of your very eyes?

He is the man the book stops with, he should have been down there urging the players to do something he even admitted they didn't do in his post match interview.

Some of the players performances and enthusiasm on Saturday matched that of their manager.

However, it worked last season so it must work this season, I mean it's not like the 28 games played so far should be taken into account over the much more relevant games from last year is it?

The good news is that I've just done the predictor thing again, and we are still staying up, although it's only just this time

So relax your skin, and have patience (I predicted a loss next week, so don't worry when it happens)

Thank God for that!

Incidentally does your revised predictor calculation factor in that we will need to survive on between 26-28 points? Just asking.

I found it interesting before the season began and our owners said that they had a long term plan to make LCFC a top six club. They were shot down and derided on every front.

Where ever you put the blame (and I think that you all know where I put it), with the expenditure that we have made this season, we should have done better and I think we ought to have held our Premier League status. Had we so done, I can see no reason for us not having progressed to a mid-table team capable of a push for Europe every few years.

Two things:

First we have a weak squad in PL terms but with the additions at Xmas, probably not the weakest. It's taken real mismanagement to get us where we are.

Second, it's taken an extraordinary legacy of credit from last season and weakness by the owners for Pearson to have survived for so long this season.

Tom Lawrence will keep us up, he'll use his experience for 10 minutes every game to dig us out of the shit.

Inspired stuff

You cannot see the difference between sitting up there whilst your side are beating everyone put in front of them and sitting up there whilst the game you have personally billed as being 'must win' plays out with **** all urgency or attacking intent right in front of your very eyes?

He is the man the book stops with, he should have been down there urging the players to do something he even admitted they didn't do in his post match interview.

Some of the players performances and enthusiasm on Saturday matched that of their manager.

However, it worked last season so it must work this season, I mean it's not like the 28 games played so far should be taken into account over the much more relevant games from last year is it?

I still don't see the difference between Pearson shouting instructions at the players, to him instructing Shakespeare with what to shout.

I still don't see the difference between Pearson shouting instructions at the players, to him instructing Shakespeare with what to shout.

Well they clearly don't listen to Shakespear seeing as Pearson was bemoaning our lack of attacking urgency and our irritating style of playing it safe.

If they aren't getting the message and are not doing what the manager wants then he needs to get down there and bloody make sure it happens, as it was they just let the game slip by without throwing any caution to the wind.

He needs to be more proactive rather than hoping someone else can get the message through for him.

I can't abide the thought that he sat there with his legs crossed whilst our only real chance of getting ourselves out of this shit just drifted by.

I totally agree how can we be top of the championship and then be bottom of the premier league by miles

The three who came up are the bottom three right at this minute, regardless of what order they are in

Modern football is shit

Tweets going round this morning saying Pearsons been swearing again ,this time it seems if its true that when asked a question by a reporter that he told him to F OFF should this be found to be true,that should be reason enough to get rid of the man,we just dont want this from a so called manager.

Tweets going round this morning saying Pearsons been swearing again ,this time it seems if its true that when asked a question by a reporter that he told him to F OFF should this be found to be true,that should be reason enough to get rid of the man,we just dont want this from a so called manager.

It's not true, he muttered that the bloke was a prick under his breath as he got up to leave, and it was picked up

If you listen to the shite ridiculous questions that were being asked, you'll discover that it was an understatement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566