Post Match Leicester 2 Arsenal 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thrashed by a better team. Good for us to have a go.

Angry but did see this coming.
We weren't thrashed by a long shot. Their 4th and 5th came after we pushed everyone forward to chase the game. Had we sat back and accepted it, we'd have lost 2-3. No complaints from me for going for it.

I would say we were comprehensively beaten. Though we can think back to a few good opportunities, including Vardy hitting the post and bar.

Entertaining game indeed alas no good for us. Thought they were just more clinical. We were unlucky not to score more.

Mahrez was anonymous to be honest, really think we need to switch formation and play him more central.

Hesitant to call for the three centre backs although that seemed so so solid last season that I think it would be worth trying out soon if we keep leaking goals.

Mahrez was anonymous to be honest, really think we need to switch formation and play him more central.

I wouldn't say he was anonymous just nowt he tried actually came off today including stuff even I could manage.

Fair points, maybe I'm just expecting too much. Agree, just an off game. Vardy was good though and now that he's over taken Riyad, maybe it might spur him on to retake the lead. Hoping they tie at 29 all come the end of the season.

I was one of two and a half Leicester fans (one of us is a closet Leicester fan, swears he's an Everton fan but I get the impression he's blue through and though (Leicester blue if course). Twenty odd Arsenal "fans". Got into something of an altercation when one of the Arsenal "fans" kept shouting "racist!" every time Vardy was involved. Eventually I just said "shut up!" and was then surrounded by proxy Arsenal "fans" wanting to **** me up. Said Everton fan wasn't having a bar of it. Defended Leicester whole heartedly. They got up in out faces and we told them to **** off. Got a bit iffy, two of them got thrown out but then back in. Offered a handshake to settle things and got told to **** off and sit down. I did neither.

Regardless, what this tells me is a) we are attracted fans and definitely one of the most appreciated teams in the league b) Other teams are genuinely fearful of us and c) Arsenal fans, in Melbourne at least, are wankers.

Fascinating stuff, Joe....

As for the game I thought the first half was a magnificent, highly entertaining game of football and we played a huge part in it. Unlucky with a couple of chances, should have been more clinical with a couple of others.

But defensively we were shite. Morgan and Huth were slow lumbering duffers and, with the completely dreadful Schlupp, were pulled all over the place. Absolute shit from all of them. The decision to play Schlupp ahead of Fuchs was more than a bit daft, and boy did it misfire. He was embarrassing. Poor old Richie De Laet was hampered by receiving no help at all from the useless feck in front of him. Exposed time and time and time again. He did his best in challenging circumstances, and the only one of the back four who can hold their head high after that complete shambles.

But we were still in the game after 45 minutes, in my opinion.

That was right up until the substitution. Replacing Okazaki with King was baffling, bordering on the insane. It completely destroyed our shape and left us bereft of any competitive element. We were completely murdered as a result.

Bringing on Ulloa is fine, but why take off the only player capable of giving him a decent ball ? Especially when the bloke on the other side was playing like a complete cock.

Bringing on Kramaric effectively left us with ten men. Utter dogshit.

Mahrez was woeful. Completely, utterly, hopelessly dreadfully woeful.

Kante and Drinky worked their bollocks off, as did Vady who looked superb but was starved of any support the moment the second half kicked off.

I'd have to agree with most of that although I can understand why Ranieri replaced Okazaki with King - we were being overrun in midfield. That wasn't the answer though, and we looked much worse afterwards.

Vardy has developed so much - he really looks a complete striker this year.

Fascinating stuff, Joe....

As for the game I thought the first half was a magnificent, highly entertaining game of football and we played a huge part in it. Unlucky with a couple of chances, should have been more clinical with a couple of others.

But defensively we were shite. Morgan and Huth were slow lumbering duffers and, with the completely dreadful Schlupp, were pulled all over the place. Absolute shit from all of them. The decision to play Schlupp ahead of Fuchs was more than a bit daft, and boy did it misfire. He was embarrassing. Poor old Richie De Laet was hampered by receiving no help at all from the useless feck in front of him. Exposed time and time and time again. He did his best in challenging circumstances, and the only one of the back four who can hold their head high after that complete shambles.

But we were still in the game after 45 minutes, in my opinion.

That was right up until the substitution. Replacing Okazaki with King was baffling, bordering on the insane. It completely destroyed our shape and left us bereft of any competitive element. We were completely murdered as a result.

Bringing on Ulloa is fine, but why take off the only player capable of giving him a decent ball ? Especially when the bloke on the other side was playing like a complete cock.

Bringing on Kramaric effectively left us with ten men. Utter dogshit.

Mahrez was woeful. Completely, utterly, hopelessly dreadfully woeful.

Kante and Drinky worked their bollocks off, as did Vady who looked superb but was starved of any support the moment the second half kicked off.

A very good assessment Homer.

I would have swapped Ulloa for Okazaki and not King.

We could have gone longer then.

What have I missed that means Vardy can be called a racist in Oz? Is he likely to be charged with war crimes as it must be something bloody serious, the flaming galah

Inevitable (and probably necessary)reality check - results had been brilliant but the potential for defensive pain has been there from the start. Interesting how Claudio reacts to this.

I think in the first half Mahrez was just well marshalled. Arsenal did their homework on him, closed him down quick, doubled up and stopped him from cutting inside as he likes to do. In the second half though his poor performance was more down to giving the ball away easily, shit passing, shit crossing and shit decision making.

I think in the first half Mahrez was just well marshalled. Arsenal did their homework on him, closed him down quick, doubled up and stopped him from cutting inside as he likes to do. In the second half though his poor performance was more down to giving the ball away easily, shit passing, shit crossing and shit decision making.
I could forgive all that if he'd bust a gut to defend when they attacked. He was downright lazy today and just jogged back time after time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566