Post Match Leicester 2 West Ham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's made my weekend - forgotten what it's like to walk home from the match with a win under our belts! MOTD tonight :038: The team finally looked like they wanted the win. Camby a giant, Huth looked solid and what a sub in Kingy! Luvly stuff.

I've been critical of Pearson on here so it's only correct that I acknowledge that he got it dead right today. A good performance and a deserved win. Burnley away next is huge. Play like this and this thing is doable.

It's the hope that kills you.

Ulloa looks useless. Though perhaps he needs better delivery from wide areas.

A shambolic game littered with silly mistakes but fun to watch. Any result could have happened.

Huth and Cambiasso were the only two starters that weren't Championship players last season and both shone out throughout. Likewise, when we brought on Albrighton and Kramaric, they both had a quality sadly lacking elsewhere. It's hardly rocket science how to compete at this level.

#toolittletoolate

Got to love Chris Wood's tweet. Shame about QPR but Hull and Villa both lost and we could really use them favours from Newcastle and Tottenham tomorrow.

In your feckin face, relegation

Many miserable bastard fans gave up long ago but it is quite clear that, despite their many and obvious limitations, the players and the manager certainly haven't

Good on 'em

#StayingUpWithHomer

Ummm - Foxes never quit ! Well done lads: - the team, the manger and the supporters - they sounded fantastic throughout -

In your feckin face, relegation

Many miserable bastard fans gave up long ago but it is quite clear that, despite their many and obvious limitations, the players and the manager certainly haven't

Good on 'em
I'm with you Homer but just wondered if QPR's result wasn't predicted does it make any difference to your final table.

#StayingUpWithHomer

Last edited:
Fans amazing

Cambiasso on a completely different level

2 points above predictor

Why didn't we do that against Dull?

I'm with you Homer but just wondered if QPR's result wasn't predicted does it make any difference to your final table.

#StayingUpWithHomer

It was down as a loss, but doesn't affect the final table, luckily

I will comment on the match later. For the moment I want to repo0rt an incident at half time that left a nasty taste for the people sitting around me.

The gentleman who sits next to me, Mick, has been a season ticket holder for years, has already renewed his ticket and often goes to away games. In short he is the kind of supporter Leicester should cherish. He is also a grand character who enjoys commenting loudly on mistakes by the officials. This year he has put the blame for our position firmly on the management. He has been loudly critical and since we sit near the dug out no doubt his criticisms have been heard. At no time have his comments been obscene - his favourite criticism is to call someone "a barm cake".

At half time a steward (not the one who sits at the bottom of our gangway) came over and addressing him by name gave him "to warn him as a friend" to tone down his comments. I intervened to say that Mick had not used any offensive language. We were told that the warning was "unofficial"
and "someone at the front "had complained. The steward tried to do it as pleasantly as possible - I think he was embarrassed and doping it under orders.

Discussing it afterwards there were a number of strange things about the incident.
(1) There are only three rows in front of us. If someone had spoken to the nearby steward we would have expected to notice.
(2) The steward who spoke to Mick was not the one near us.
(3) The steward had found out Mick's name. I don't know how easy that would be to do if someone had complained during that first half.
(4) The warning was said to be "unofficial" - though I cannot see how a warning from a steward in uniform can be unofficial.

The suggestion was made that the complaint came from the dugout and that it referred to criticism s he had made in earlier matches which is how the steward had the name. To be fair to the steward he did an unpleasant job as pleasantly as he could but the incident still left made an unpleasant impression on a group of season ticket holders who are very restrained in their language.

What-ho, Blaarev :041:. Where´ve you been all afternoon? (Hopefully not hiding behind your IKEA sofa?):icon_razz
Hanging desparately on to my iPhone with my eyes fixed on updates from futbal24.com. Most nerve wrecking way to follow a football game. Got around to see the last 10 mins on a dodgy stream on the mobile. Quite nice.

Hanging desparately on to my iPhone with my eyes fixed on updates from futbal24.com. Most nerve wrecking way to follow a football game. Got around to see the last 10 mins on a dodgy stream on the mobile. Quite nice.

Sounds like you were at a Paaske Frokost.....You were missed! Happy Easter:beer::beer:

Last edited:
Premier League Predictor obviously working his magic behind the scenes.

But even if he hadn't been, it would still have been a great day out today. Halfway through the second half, it was one of those rare and utterly enjoyable occasions when everyone was behind the team. Like the time when we lost at home to Birmingham in, I think, the season we got relegated into League One.

Winning just made it all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670