Post Match Leicester 2 West Ham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more comment about yesterday. We got our second late on, it was still touch and go as to whether or not we would get a precious victory, and yet, with five minutes plus added time to go people start for the exits. Why do they do that? A victory being so important there was nothing I wanted more than to cheer to the rooftops at the final whistle and clap the players off. And yet some of my fellow 'supporters' were obviously so unmoved by the prospect that they felt it was quite in order to piss off while the game was still in the balance. Amazing.

This has always baffled me. My feeling is, I've paid my money so I'm going to stay until the bitter end, good or bad. I wonder how many of those that left early also headed for the exits in the 87th minute during the City/Arsenal game in '97.

Last edited:
This has always baffled me. My feeling is, I've paid my money so I'm going to stay until the bitter end, good or bad. I wonder how many of those that left early also headed for the exits in the 87th minute during the City/Arsenal game in '97.

My mams mate left the Man City v Gillingham playoffs to go and sit in his car in the Wembley car park. He sat and listened to the come back from there haha. I've left hundreds of matches early but only by 5mins so I could catch my train.

One more comment about yesterday. We got our second late on, it was still touch and go as to whether or not we would get a precious victory, and yet, with five minutes plus added time to go people start for the exits. Why do they do that? A victory being so important there was nothing I wanted more than to cheer to the rooftops at the final whistle and clap the players off. And yet some of my fellow 'supporters' were obviously so unmoved by the prospect that they felt it was quite in order to piss off while the game was still in the balance. Amazing.
It's very important to go and sit in your car and wait 45 minutes to be let out of the ground. You don't want to be at the back :icon_roll

They left in there droves, It was utterly bewildering

Kramerpants has got to start the next game, I think he was the only striker to get a shot on the actual target before Vardy fluffed that chance.

That chance at the end.

Vardy is not a natural goalscorer is he?
To be fair, he looked completely knackered towards the end after working tirelessly throughout the whole game.

That chance at the end.

Vardy is not a natural goalscorer is he?

I think as per his first season in the championship he needs a season to adjust and then will come good next season - hopefully in the Prem!

To be fair, he looked completely knackered towards the end after working tirelessly throughout the whole game.
I was quite surprised at the lack of fitness from our players at times. I noticed Vardy taking on an energy gel in the second half. Schlupp had difficulty getting back into position a number of time along with the other defenders and midfield. Cambo, I can excuse at his age, but the others have no excuse.

I was quite surprised at the lack of fitness from our players at times. I noticed Vardy taking on an energy gel in the second half. Schlupp had difficulty getting back into position a number of time along with the other defenders and midfield. Cambo, I can excuse at his age, but the others have no excuse.
Yet, we won it late on.

A fact Paul Taylor ( Of Fossils & Foxes, etc ) mentioned to me after the game, Andy King is the first Leicester player to have scored for the club in the top three divisions. Plus he's joint top goalscorer at the new staduim ( on 32 I recall along with Nugent and someone else who I'm afraid I've forgotten ).

A fact Paul Taylor ( Of Fossils & Foxes, etc ) mentioned to me after the game, Andy King is the first Leicester player to have scored for the club in the top three divisions. Plus he's joint top goalscorer at the new staduim ( on 32 I recall along with Nugent and someone else who I'm afraid I've forgotten ).
Paul Dickov was mentioned on here as doing that before him, but if Paul Taylor says King is first, then King is first!

So has Paul Dickov's record been taken away from him then

According to Paul Taylor (in Of Fossiles and Foxes), Dickov scored on a peno away against Leyton Orient in League One. Which Paul Taylor is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669