Post Match Leicester 2 West Ham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result and well done to the players and management who had the bravery to be positive and really give it a go ....more of the same for the next 8 games and maybe just maybe the great escape could be on.

So for how long do we keep Nugent as Peno taker?

His record is dross, surely Cambipants would of slotted that bastard home.

Oh and Shclupp is an insult to his fellow players, he doesn't have the ability to allow him to be such a lazy ****.

So for how long do we keep Nugent as Peno taker?

His record is dross, surely Cambipants would of slotted that bastard home.

Nugent has never been good at penalties. Several of his successful ones have been poorly taken. Certainly when it became clear he was taking yesterday's pen, many of us thought 'he's gonna miss this'.

It's another example of soft as shite management. We have players that are better and more composed in such situations but ignore them. Based on those on the pitch at the time, Nugent should have been at least third choice.

The miss yesterday made me think about the few pens we've not been awarded this season. There is an assumption that we'd have scored them, but with Nugent as the main man, this is a big assumption.

Along with several of his colleagues, Ulloa is suffering from a lack of confidence and a lack of fitness. He's fouling opponents instead of competing with them. Having said that, we relied on him several times yesterday to hold the ball up, defend our area and he is a handful to defend against. I'd keep him in the team for the run in, alongside Kramaric. Nugent and Vardy are no more than impact subs for me.

Vardy was outstanding yesterday.

Oh and Shclupp is an insult to his fellow players, he doesn't have the ability to allow him to be such a lazy ****.

Schlupp is a talented young player. He is inconsistent because young players are. He's been moved around the side a lot too which doesn't help.

Ultimately, playing Schlupp and De Laet as full backs in a four is always going to be a huge gamble because neither are any good at defending. However, it isn't their fault that they are being asked to do it.

On one occasion yesterday, NP was giving JS a right mouthful and JS shrugged back at him as if to say, 'what do you expect?'. Quite right too. He's a converted striker, come left winger, come left wing back, come left full back and we expect too much of him.

Yesterday, he was 'covered' by Vardy (in front) and Morgan (at the side) pretty erratically to say the least. He grafted all game putting in more distance than anyone else and got caught out of position a couple of times, one of which cost the goal. He didn't merit the moans from the crowd, let alone his manager.

Schlupp is a talented young player. He is inconsistent because young players are. He's been moved around the side a lot too which doesn't help.

Ultimately, playing Schlupp and De Laet as full backs in a four is always going to be a huge gamble because neither are any good at defending. However, it isn't their fault that they are being asked to do it.

On one occasion yesterday, NP was giving JS a right mouthful and JS shrugged back at him as if to say, 'what do you expect?'. Quite right too. He's a converted striker, come left winger, come left wing back, come left full back and we expect too much of him.

Yesterday, he was 'covered' by Vardy (in front) and Morgan (at the side) pretty erratically to say the least. He grafted all game putting in more distance than anyone else and got caught out of position a couple of times, one of which cost the goal. He didn't merit the moans from the crowd, let alone his manager.

It's interesting how people have their favourites.

I am surprised that this has got positive comments as my sympathies are with the supporter rather than the complaint. Anybody behaving as you suggest would have divided a group of supporters who get on well. A steward would have been entitled to intervene over the obscenity. Those who believe the manager should be changed are as entitled to their view as people like me who would keep Nigel even if we are relegated.

I believe the club via the steward did it very well. It was a polite way of telling the clown to 'f**k off and die'.

The goalkeeping in the Premier League has been outstanding. Nugent's penalty was poor but the goalkeeper did well to save it.

Adrian cheated and it wasn't picked up due to the poor officiating.

That said, yes, Nugent's effort was very poor.

Leonardo certainly looks less sharp than at the start of the season......
I would rather have had him than Kram on the pitch during those last tense minutes....

Anyone got stats for the length of time that Ulloa and Kramarich have actually spent on the pitch together? It SHOULD be the case that Leo is the hold up player for Kram playing just behind him yet how often has this actually been utilised?

Adrian cheated and it wasn't picked up due to the poor officiating.

That said, yes, Nugent's effort was very poor.

True on the cheating like, but if they'd been punished for it then id be surprised. Why has it become the norm for that shit to be allowed?

on another subject - is today the anniversary of Bournemouth helping to get us promoted? my phone tells me so...

Vardy was outstanding yesterday.

If he played outstanding he would have had a hat trick yesterday or at least scored one of his chances.

You can't fault his work rate and effort but he does need to start scoring a lot more as he's getting the chances.

True on the cheating like, but if they'd been punished for it then id be surprised. Why has it become the norm for that shit to be allowed?

on another subject - is today the anniversary of Bournemouth helping to get us promoted? my phone tells me so...

Tis indeed! I just got a Facebook notification showing me my post from a year ago today celebrating our promotion back to the big time! :)

Alan Maybury. It didn't matter where he played, but he had to play.

One more comment about yesterday. We got our second late on, it was still touch and go as to whether or not we would get a precious victory, and yet, with five minutes plus added time to go people start for the exits. Why do they do that? A victory being so important there was nothing I wanted more than to cheer to the rooftops at the final whistle and clap the players off. And yet some of my fellow 'supporters' were obviously so unmoved by the prospect that they felt it was quite in order to piss off while the game was still in the balance. Amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670