Leicester City Players in Euro 2016 or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed last night's Alan Shearer Euro 96 documentary, like that year's tournament I'll be watching Euro 16 in a state of euphoria due to another great City achievement. So forward with hope over expectation, ignore the irrelevance of arguing over which players should be retained for bench-warming duties, and hope for something special - a dentist's chair celebration or two and a performance like we pulled out against the Dutch. 'Citin.

I know it's unfashionable to back him, but I agree. At least Townsend offers something different. I think we have too many "functional" players and, if you're losing a match, you need to be able to change something. He may not be the greatest player, but he at least provides a different option.
This may be an unpopular opinion, but in terms of functional players that you mention, I like the versatility Milner offers. I think because he's a bit of a "can do a job in a number of positions" type, he doesn't always get the credit he deserves.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but in terms of functional players that you mention, I like the versatility Milner offers. I think because he's a bit of a "can do a job in a number of positions" type, he doesn't always get the credit he deserves.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you. He's a good player to have in a squad, for that reason.

I suspect Hodgson also sees him as cover for Dier, should Dier get injured, or need to cover at the back (which is what many people think Drinkwater should have been in the squad for).

At the top end of the competition, though, you do need players who can make a difference, and I feel like we have too many players who can "do a job".

In the time since Jack Wilshere last completed 90 minutes for Arsenal, Leeds Utd have had 6 managers.

Last edited:
Yes but that place is a madhouse. Bit like Leicester in the early days of the Madaric ownership.

Don't give a toss about the national side to be honest, but how much of the anger is simply down to the omission of DD? If DD were in at the expense of Rashford (i.e still Henderson and Smoking Wilshire) would there be quite as much angst?

I wanted to give a toss. I wanted to be enthusiastic and actually was getting excited about my national team. Until thr Drinkgate scandal.

It shows the strength in spirit around our whole football club when the fans get arsey about the national team not picking one of our lads who clearly deserves it. We are one together! It feels like they didn't pick my son. And I wish they didn't pick vardy now because let's face it they'll probably play him out of position.

And yes I will spit my dummy out. England can go to hell...I hope someone in midfield or defence gets crocked or sent off for a bit to show that they should have taken drinkwater!!

BOOOO

What is so bloody annoying is that Roy has stated time and again he would select players on form utter bollocks!!! Mark Noble has been in the form of his life this season as well as drinky, there was no way they stood a chance because hodgson will stick with the same old shite. Rooney should be no where near the first team he is lacking in pace and form.

We look very one dimensional on paper I hope I am proved wrong the facts are though that if you do not play for an established team you have no chance of being selected for the national side, Milner was selected when he couldnt get in the Man city first team FFS!

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you. He's a good player to have in a squad, for that reason.

I suspect Hodgson also sees him as cover for Dier, should Dier get injured, or need to cover at the back (which is what many people think Drinkwater should have been in the squad for).

At the top end of the competition, though, you do need players who can make a difference, and I feel like we have too many players who can "do a job".

Quite but I think in Kane, Vardy, Alli perhaps even Barkley if he finds his form we have difference makers. Rooney is still a difference maker, for the country's record goalscorer he gets a lot of stick. But I think he and Roy must realise that whilst up front may still be his best/preferred position, he isn't good enough to be ahead of Kane or Vardy. I'd argue he isn't good enough to be ahead of Alli as an attacking midfielder either.

This is where you have a problem as Woy will undoubtedly shoehorn him in, it's who does he do it at the expense of? If he's got any sense, probably Alli, dropping him back into central midfield in a diamond.

England and Woy have a lot to iron out before the tournament.

Quite but I think in Kane, Vardy, Alli perhaps even Barkley if he finds his form we have difference makers. Rooney is still a difference maker, for the country's record goalscorer he gets a lot of stick. But I think he and Roy must realise that whilst up front may still be his best/preferred position, he isn't good enough to be ahead of Kane or Vardy. I'd argue he isn't good enough to be ahead of Alli as an attacking midfielder either.

This is where you have a problem as Woy will undoubtedly shoehorn him in, it's who does he do it at the expense of? If he's got any sense, probably Alli, dropping him back into central midfield in a diamond.

England and Woy have a lot to iron out before the tournament.
If Vardy plays, I doubt it'll be in a position where he will make a difference. I suspect he'll be stuck out wide, struggling to get into the game, with our slow build up play.

In the 1986 and 1990 World Cups Bryan Robson was the captain and a certain starter, he got injured early in both tournamnents. Bobby Robson had to change tactics to accommodate the loss, England then looked a much better team in both instances without their captain.

In the 1986 and 1990 World Cups Bryan Robson was the captain and a certain starter, he got injured early in both tournamnents. Bobby Robson had to change tactics to accommodate the loss, England then looked a much better team in both instances without their captain.
Very true. Also, in the 88 Euros, we looked poor throughout, with Robson as our captain again. He, however, was one of the few players to emerge with any credit.

Vardy starts tonight against Portugal

:043:

That was so utterly horrendous I can do nothing but laugh.

Slower and less entertaining than Man Utd

I'm certain that Vards is standing out on the left flank thinking "Thank **** I got picked to play here because I was only doing non-league shit until recently. Until I challenged for the Golden Boot and won the Premier and shit."

Hodgson is an übercunt.

Playing the leagues top 2 goalscorers out wide to accommodate Shrek....wonderful. kane's corner was comedy gold. Milner managed a defence splitting pass at the wrong end too. Wow we're not getting very far.

Hooty McOwlface is an absolute bellend. We're going to ignore anything that's been good in the last few months so we can include Rooney in the team. Probably the dullest game I've watched in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566