Leicester City set to unveil third members in the consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please believe that this question is not meant to be as rude as it comes across in print;

Why is this important: if the deal is ratified and the League are happy that this person is a fit owner, what are you going to do with the name when it comes to light?

Run a wikipedia search, trawl through some asian websites to try and dig up some dirt, find something negative to say about him/her/it, and then (hopefully) go away again

Last edited:
Please believe that this question is not meant to be as rude as it comes across in print;

Why is this important: if the deal is ratified and the League are happy that this person is a fit owner, what are you going to do with the name when it comes to light?

:038:

It doesn't keep me awake at night - but I would like to know who Mandaric has sold my club to. I think I have the right to know.

Plus, the more procrastination and deflection that comes from him the more I reckon he has cocked up. Again.

Some of you don't care, good for you. Me? I would like to know that we aren't part-owned by gun dealers or murderers or rapists...etc.

It doesn't keep me awake at night - but I would like to know who Mandaric has sold my club to. I think I have the right to know.

Plus, the more procrastination and deflection that comes from him the more I reckon he has cocked up. Again.

Some of you don't care, good for you. Me? I would like to know that we aren't part-owned by gun dealers or murderers or rapists...etc.

Your club?

I agree with Biffa, but I don't think Milan has cocked it up or the takeover would not have been ratified. But why is there so much evasion by Milan and King Power ? If the other member(s), of the consortium own less than 10%, why is it being kept a secret ? It seems very odd to me, I would certainly like to know who this person is or persons are, for my peace of mind, as it stands they who ever it is or are, could walk out and it may be them who are actually bankrolling the club, with King Power as a front. So I do believe this information is important, I'm not a believer in conspiracy theories, I just want the truth, why is that so difficult.

What, exactly, gives you that right? Any more than you have the right to know exactly who owns Tesco, your local cinema, the company you buy your petrol from etc.

Last edited:
What, exactly, gives you that right? Any more than you have the right to know exactly who owns Tesco, your local cinema, the company you buy your petrol from etc.

I was about to make that exact point using that exact supermarket chain, so thank you for saving me the time. Though I suppose I've still had to type this thanks, so I'm probably no better off.

Twat.

I disagree. A sport(s) club is completely different. A unique relationship between 'customer' and 'company'. From a sports club, a 'customer' gains nothing but emotion, no reward or goods are exchanged. Its not entertainment either....I don't get all jumpy up and down when the baddies dead in a film. Equally without the customer....the club are buggered because its what makes them, the life blood.

I disagree. A sport(s) club is completely different. A unique relationship between 'customer' and 'company'. From a sports club, a 'customer' gains nothing but emotion, no reward or goods are exchanged. Its not entertainment either....I don't get all jumpy up and down when the baddies dead in a film. Equally without the customer....the club are buggered because its what makes them, the life blood.

You've been talking an awful lot of sense just recently Hazzmania, I'm so proud of you

Without the customer, any business is buggered. If you get poor service from a company you go elsewhere, likewise, if the matchday experience deteriorates, you may consider not going any more. Some people get their thrills and adrenaline buzz via a theme park, some via a footbal match. Both must keep their customers happy to keep them returning.

If the third investors name is not released, are supporters going to stop going to games? I doubt it. Like so many things, the club will do what it likes. That includes ticket prices, kit design, stadium rights, players bought, players sold, the colour of the flowers outside the ground etc...

why do we not demand the same rights to know who we are about to buy and demand more input into who we sell?

I agree with Biffa, but I don't think Milan has cocked it up or the takeover would not have been ratified. But why is there so much evasion by Milan and King Power ? If the other member(s), of the consortium own less than 10%, why is it being kept a secret ? It seems very odd to me, I would certainly like to know who this person is or persons are, for my peace of mind, as it stands they who ever it is or are, could walk out and it may be them who are actually bankrolling the club, with King Power as a front. So I do believe this information is important, I'm not a believer in conspiracy theories, I just want the truth, why is that so difficult.

Perhaps Mandaric is waiting until he has gone, so he doesn't have to worry about the fans reaction?

Both must keep their customers happy to keep them returning.

As I said it's not the same. A football club has a link to you socially and to your local pride. You 'support' your club. You don't support a theme park or a cinema. Financially you do but not emotionally.

If the third investors name is not released, are supporters going to stop going to games? I doubt it. Like so many things, the club will do what it likes. That includes ticket prices, kit design, stadium rights, players bought, players sold, the colour of the flowers outside the ground etc...

I'd like to be given the choice to carry on my support. If the 'third investor' is of similar ilk to previous owners of Pompey and Man City....I have to question where the money is going and supporting someone who is morally wrong. I dislike Mandaric but he's never committed a crime against a person (disallowing the general public ie. tax allegedly).

why do we not demand the same rights to know who we are about to buy and demand more input into who we sell?

We already do don't we? When the club release stories through the press. Didn't Mandaric release Neil Warnock as a potential manager only to be warned off on public reaction? On the other side if a player is worshipped by the fanbase and the club are making tons of money off the back of shirt sales thanks to that particular player...they are not going to sell them.

Er, for most of those, presuming they are UK companies, you do have that right. You just ask to see the register of members. And until Mandaric came and shifted ownership offshore, that applied to Leicester too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670