Leicester City set to unveil third members in the consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know what fans of Perugia have to do with the price of fish?

Just because they may or may not have reacted to circumstances does not dictate how I deal with my set of morals and beliefs.

:102:
Point being, Maws, that BG brought up Perugia as an example. The club was a running joke and has been restarted twice in the last five years. I suspect BG mentioned them in jest (or if he didn't, it was an amazingly poor example of the point he was trying to make).

Point being, Maws, that BG brought up Perugia as an example. The club was a running joke and has been restarted twice in the last five years. I suspect BG mentioned them in jest (or if he didn't, it was an amazingly poor example of the point he was trying to make).

the point being, it matters not a flying **** who owns or runs the club, the fans in the end have no say into it at all.
Some tossers here think MM did not hire Colin Wanker because of the uproar the fans thought they made, despite what MOF has said I dont believe he listens to the fans at all and it was in his interest to let the fans think that. He can now sit back and say " look where QPR are now, look what we missed out on, WTF do the fans know anyway"

The problem with Trust run clubs is that Trusts are inherently risk averse, they work well for smaller clubs with limited ambition but I seriously doubt that a Trust run club will ever make it into the top Division in England. If fans are willing to accept that the club will continue to run but as a lower league club then a Trust is fine.

The top levels of football are now only accessible to clubs that are willing to take big gambles or that already have financial backing (or get seriously lucky like Blackpool)

Agreed but my point was illustrating that the fans will always be there to speak up the pieces. If a big club does go....the fans will reform the club a few levels down.

1,336 posts, and finally DG wades in with a top notch post

Every word a gem - I salute you, sir :038:

Had to happen sometime.........

Thank you.

How sensible or foolish my posts are seems to depend largely on whether the reader agrees or disagrees with me.

so if the money comes from gun dealers etc, you would give up your support?

**** off would you! Thats why it does not matter in the slightest. Did fans of Perugia walk away when Gadaffis son signed for them?

Yep

To the tune of £3.6 million this summer in spending and probably reaching £4.5m if promoted. The sort of sums Mandaric has never shelled out.

There you go Hazz, maybe Colin wanted a big kitty, MOF said not possible, MOF tells fans he listened to them and didn't appoint Colin.

so if the money comes from gun dealers etc, you would give up your support?

**** off would you! Thats why it does not matter in the slightest. Did fans of Perugia walk away when Gadaffis son signed for them?

Gadaffi's son fitted in well with the whole culture of Perugia.

I will expect to see AK47's available in the club shop at reasonable prices, along with a nice pink range of ladies RPG launchers.

Some info on one of our new owners ... Iman Arif (Along with some interesting comments!)

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home...oreigners-buying-into-english-football/408003

’Ere We Go! Indonesian Joins Squad of Foreigners Buying Into English Football

Wimbo Satwiko | November 22, 2010

Jakarta. Indonesia can now count itself as part of Asia’s invasion of English football, after Championship League side Leicester City announced over the weekend that Iman Arif has a minor stake in the club.

Leicester City was bought by Asia Football Investments, headed by Thai businessman Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn, in August reportedly for 40 million pounds ($63.8 million).

But English media reported that a second investor accounted for 20 percent of the cost, or an estimated 8 million pounds, to purchase the team.

On Friday, Leicester City officials revealed that it was Iman’s Cronus Sports Management Pte Ltd that had acquired a minor stake in the club.

Iman, the deputy chairman of technical affairs at the National Team Body (BTN), confirmed his ownership status on Monday.

“I can say now that Cronus is a shareholder [at Leicester City],” he told the Jakarta Globe.

“When I applied for a license [in 2007] to operate the Arsenal Soccer School here in Indonesia, it took us about six months.

“We also had to meet [Leicester City’s] requirements. We needed to have a clean record. We are in good standing with FIFA and the football community. Everyone is treated equally there.”

Iman is the director of finance at Bumi Resources Tbk, an energy and mining firm owned and operated by the Bakrie clan.

But it is his work this year with the Indonesian Football Association (PSSI) that has made him a prominent figure in the national sports scene.

Iman was appointed BTN chief in July, and during his term he was able to carry out radical programs that helped to strengthen and attract interest in the Indonesia national football team.

He pushed for the naturalization program that had the association searching for European talent that could play for Indonesia. He also made it possible to arrange for a series of international friendlies, the biggest one being the Uruguay match in October.

But Iman’s programs apparently did not sit well with some officials at PSSI, and last month he was removed from his post and relegated to his current position at BTN.

Iman’s interest in Leicester City appeared to have begun earlier this year when he appointed Kevin Kent, a former Leicester academy director, as PSSI’s Indonesia Football Academy director.

Last month, he also hinted that IFA’s best students would be sent to Leicester for tryouts starting next year.

Leicester currently sits at 17th on the Championship table.

Comments

akikamawarpolonia10:44am Nov 23, 2010He'll fit in just fine with all the other murky characters who have a stake in English football these days. Great name for a company too~~Cronus~~ it'll all be worth it when the first Bambang runs out onto the Foxes' pitch

peterR6:44am Nov 23, 2010"Everyone is treated equally there.” meaning England, said Iman. Iman is the director of finance at Bumi Resources Tbk, an energy and mining firm owned and operated by the Bakrie clan. "We needed to have a clean record." As in unmuddied.

For which he should be grateful. Maybe it will encourage him to ensure that all are treated equally in his own country.

SirRupertbendmeover6:19am Nov 23, 2010“We also had to meet [Leicester City’s] requirements. We needed to have a clean record." .... given you are the CFO of one of the most corrupt companies in Indonesia that shouldn't be a problem then!

I shouldn't laugh but....:icon_lol::icon_lol:. We have another person in ownership of our club whose apparently part of a 'corrupt' company.

A quick search tells me it's tax evasion the company's been questioned about, one in, one out on that subject.

Last edited:
I shouldn't laugh but....:icon_lol::icon_lol:. We have another person in ownership of our club whose apparently part of a 'corrupt' company.

A quick search tells me it's tax evasion the company's been questioned about, one in, one out on that subject.

Don't worry - the Foxes Trust are right on the case, I'm sure

It's good to know that the Football League's discerning eye has been cast over the new arrangements and that all concerned have been declared to be 'fit persons'. We clearly have nothing to feel concerned about.

Of course, there was no point in knowing any of this - it would always have been better for everyone to have remained ignorant of the issues surrounding him. I wish no one had asked any questions and I'd never know the bloke was a corrupt fvck.

Of course, there was no point in knowing any of this - it would always have been better for everyone to have remained ignorant of the issues surrounding him. I wish no one had asked any questions and I'd never know the bloke was a corrupt fvck.

but what difference does it make? shock,horror, shady character buys into a football club to replace the shady character who used to own it. Will hundreds of fans return their season tickets? Will the megastore be avoided?

but what difference does it make? shock,horror, shady character buys into a football club to replace the shady character who used to own it. Will hundreds of fans return their season tickets? Will the megastore be avoided?

To you and some here, not much at all - but it does mean something to me.

This isn't about who is right and wrong on an issue, it's about the sliding scale of what people will tollerate before saying enough is enough and ceasing to plough money into the club.

I love football and Leicester are my team, but I can not square going to see them anymore with how I think they should be. I saw the adoption of Mandaric as wrong and I see this new set of owners as wrong. It just feels as though the club is rotten.

So I make my choice.

I'm not judging those of you who are happy to still go, pay money and enjoy the experience - it's those who would have willingly sat in ignorance just so they felt better. Voluntary stupidity, embracing ignorance...that's what I find laughable.

I'm sure it's an age thing. If I have an affair with some young filly or buy a sports car maybe I'll flush it out of my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669