Pre Match Leicester v Brighton - FA Cup R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know we’re going to bend over for Liverpool and take a shafting up the arse, whichever side we put out.

Would much rather play the strongest lineup we can in the FA Cup, and then rest against Liverpool.

These selections really do highlight why Rodgers was after a creative midfielder. A Hamza/Mendy central pairing doesn't light fires in me. Perez as a no.10? He might thrive on the opportunity, and it is arguably his better position, but can he deliver? I'm not convinced. Maddison will surely be on the bench at least.

I hope Brighton are similarly conflicted.

Play the kids. If I see Tielemans anywhere near the pitch I'll ****ing explode.

This team has the right blend of experience and threat for me.
No Tielemans, Justin, Ricardo, Ndidi, Evans, Vardy in the starting line up because the majority of them looked ****ed in the last game or weren't fit. All of those players have played and won big games in the Prem, Europa or FA Cup this season so far and can all be trusted to deliver. Could be played as a flexi 4141 or 352 as has been done on other occasions.

Schmeichel
Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs
Albrighton Choudhury Mendy Thomas
Maddison
Perez Iheanacho

This team has the right blend of experience and threat for me.
No Tielemans, Justin, Ricardo, Ndidi, Evans, Vardy in the starting line up because the majority of them looked ****ed in the last game or weren't fit. All of those players have played and won big games in the Prem, Europa or FA Cup this season so far and can all be trusted to deliver. Could be played as a flexi 4141 or 352 as has been done on other occasions.

Schmeichel
Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs
Albrighton Choudhury Mendy Thomas
Maddison
Perez Iheanacho

Like it, I'd go with that. Ünder needs to play though.

Would prefer to rest Maddison, and Mendy/Hamza midfield isn't creative, but we have limited other options.

Brendan Rodgers says there "will be changes" on Wednesday, and suggests young players will be given a chance to play.

"We’ll have a strong eleven. We have to consider the month, the amount of games, and the early kick off too [against Liverpool on Saturday]" said the Foxes boss.

"We’ll have a look at some of the talented young guys with us."

Brendan Rodgers says there "will be changes" on Wednesday, and suggests young players will be given a chance to play.

"We’ll have a strong eleven. We have to consider the month, the amount of games, and the early kick off too [against Liverpool on Saturday]" said the Foxes boss.

He also said he was "disappointed to go out of the league cup", despite the fact he played Morgan in defence and Dewsbury-Hall in midfield. Looks like he's going to **** off the FA cup and focus on the EL/League.

He also said he was "disappointed to go out of the league cup", despite the fact he played Morgan in defence and Dewsbury-Hall in midfield. Looks like he's going to **** off the FA cup and focus on the EL/League.

Good

If there were any chance whatsoever of us actually being inside Wembley for the final then I'd call him out for being a coward

But there isnt so nobody really gives a toss about it

League comes first, Europa League a distant second, FA Cup not even in the frame (this season only because we can't watch us win it)

It would be great to win the FA Cup, but definitely takes a big part of it away if no one can be there to see it.

It's absolutely right to deprioritise it. If we get through this game with a weakened side, then maybe it becomes a different question.

But with injury problems continuing, we can't go all in with the same 11-14 players for 3 competitions, so this is the one that has to give. The league has 15 games to go and we're 3rd with a 4 point gap to the teams outside the top 4 - securing the CL spot has to take priority over everything, and the Liverpool game is too big to not have rested our players for the cup game in midweek.

And that stands even if we lose to Brighton with a weakened XI and then still lose to Liverpool with our rested side at the weekend.

Maybe that's why a couple of them have been involved on the bench in the last few games - doesn't look so blatant in binning it off when he can say those players have already been in the squad recently...

Maybe that's why a couple of them have been involved on the bench in the last few games

Daley-Campbell and Leshabela haven't played in recent under 23s games, presumably they've been training with the first team bubble.

That might be because we're short of numbers rather than a plan to play them against Brighton, and maybe they've impressed the manager enough to be given a chance.

Daley-Campbell and Leshabela haven't played in recent under 23s games, presumably they've been training with the first team bubble.

That might be because we're short of numbers rather than a plan to play them against Brighton, and maybe they've impressed the manager enough to be given a chance.
there's been a few U23s training with the first team, probably to make up the numbers including the likes of Taveres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363