Pre Match Leicester v Brighton - FA Cup R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current odds on us winning it are 12/1. That's not 5000/1.
The odds would have been longer before the tournament started, but not by much, we were favourites to get through our group.
You can get similar odds on us winning the FA cup.
If we actually won the Europa league it would be a ****ing miracle and everyone would be talking about it. It would show that the title winning season wasn't a fluke and we are sticking around and growing as a club. They can easily ignore us as we hover around the top 4 - sky sports for example are far more likely to talk about west ham and villa than us. If we won a european trophy they'd be forced to recognise us and it would grow the reputation of the club for every european fan of football.

Be surprised if we got past this tie tomorrow.

If we do, we sort of have to take it seriously don’t we? Punting on an FA Cup quarterfinal would be disappointing.

Be surprised if we got past this tie tomorrow.

If we do, we sort of have to take it seriously don’t we? Punting on an FA Cup quarterfinal would be disappointing.
Agreed, but that’s what we have done the last few years.

No it wouldn't. The best teams in this competition are a similar level to us. That's why we're one of the favourites to win it.

Fulham and Middlesbrough both got to Europa League finals.
I get what you are saying, but Fulham and Middlesbrough ended up putting everything into the UEFA cup/Europa League and ended up sacrificing any chance of european football the following season. They also lost their finals anyway. It's clear that our club is prioritising a top 4 finish over anything else, and with that in mind plus the amount of injuries we will rack up plus the level of quality in this year's competition (man united, ajax, roma, a resurgent AC milan) I would be stunned if we managed to win the thing.

We don't know how Brighton are going to prioritise this. I'm not going to rule us out (even if we rest key players) until I see their line up. I reckon we're in with a shout either way.

We don't know how Brighton are going to prioritise this. I'm not going to rule us out (even if we rest key players) until I see their line up. I reckon we're in with a shout either way.

If I were Brighton I’d be going hell for leather for the cup.

They are safely tucked away in mid-table.

not really they are only 10 points away from he drop zone and have had patchy form at best
They are also miles ahead of a lot of the sides below them in terms of quality of performances we have seen this season. They will be absolutely fine in the league. If Potter has anything about him, he will go balls to the wall for the FA Cup.

I get what you are saying, but Fulham and Middlesbrough ended up putting everything into the UEFA cup/Europa League and ended up sacrificing any chance of european football the following season.

Neither of them had a realistic chance of finishing in the European places when the knock-out stage started. Fulham were 8 points behind seventh place in the league (and had played a game more), so they weren't in contention to get into Europe anyway. Middlesbrough were in a relegation battle, twelve points off seventh.

They also lost their finals anyway.

They got to the final despite not being very good.
That's my point. You don't have to be Barcelona or Bayern Munich to win this competition.

They are also miles ahead of a lot of the sides below them in terms of quality of performances we have seen this season. They will be absolutely fine in the league. If Potter has anything about him, he will go balls to the wall for the FA Cup.
I agree they should be fine but they struggle to score so league position will still be a worry for them at this stage

If anyone escapes the current bottom three, it will be at Brighton's expense. No way are they safe

If anyone escapes the current bottom three, it will be at Brighton's expense. No way are they safe

They are absolutely safe. None of that bottom three is going to score 10-15 more points than Brighton.

At worst they probably need 3 more wins from 15 games.

They’ve got the best goal difference in the bottom half.

To say nothing of Burnley and Newcastle being below them.

Are Wolves also in trouble? They are only 2 points ahead of Brighton and massively struggling for goals.

Last edited:
I bloody hope so

I mean, me too. Though Newcastle would be my preference.

Sheffield United look the best side at the bottom and they’ve got no chance of digging themselves out.

I’d be stunned if any of those bottom 3 escape. They might not even get to 30 points.

Which of those teams do you think we couldn't beat?
They're teams who weren't good enough for the Champions League.
I think we would have struggled against that Atletico side. Considering they beat us the year before.

this is the transcript of 'Waiting for Godot 2' the uncompleted samuel beckett sequel.

stage direction: the light dims to a spotlight on Lako42, his trousers have fallen down
Lako42: have my trousers fallen down?
Jeff: Yes
Lako 42: Is it Wednesday yet? Is FoxFranks here yet?
Jeff: He's late
Lako 42: We'll just have to wait then
Jeff: We alway's do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573