Pre Match Leicester v Brighton - FA Cup R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen Tavares on Youtube and a few U23 clips he looks like he's got decent skills, composure/pace and puts himself about a bit. What i can't figure out (and it might be injury) is why he's only played 5 games for the u23's and hasn't really been near getting on the bench if he's that good, and all the big European sides are monitoring him?
Would be very happy if it turns out we've got both him and Dewsbury Hall ready to push the midfield in the way that Barnes came back from West Brom to push the forwards last year.

It's because he is going to leave at the end of the season. I doubt he'll play tonight for the same reason.

Looking at the training video from yesterday, I didn't notice many U23s there.

I suspect that there will be no more than one or two involved tonight after all. BR may be playing mind games with Brighton in the hope that they play a weakened line up.

monitoring

This is weird to me. How is this possibly good for club or player?

They should send him out on loan but only to a club that guarantees he's never going to play.

At the very least I would accept him going to a club where the manager actively doesn't want him and he arrives at training without anyone knowing who he is.

• Leicester are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with Brighton in all competitions (Won five, drawn two), and have already beaten the Seagulls 3-0 at home in the Premier League this season.
  • Brighton won their only previous FA Cup game against Leicester, winning a third round tie 2-1 away from home in January 1931.
  • Leicester are looking to reach the FA Cup quarter-final in consecutive seasons for the first time since doing so in 1967-68 and 1968-69.
  • Brighton have reached the FA Cup quarter-final in two of their three previous seasons as a Premier League side (2017-18 and 2018-19).
  • Leicester's seven FA Cup goals this season have all been scored by different players. Among Premier League sides, only Tottenham (nine) have scored more goals than the Foxes in the competition so far this term.
  • Brighton are unbeaten in their last four away FA Cup games (Won two, drawn two), their longest such run in the competition since a run of six between January 1986-December 1987.

He played in the two previous under 23s games, and last month's EFL Trophy game.

I read elsewhere that they reckon he gave an ultimatum this season to be part of first team or he would leave when his contract expired.

He has been underused all season so it seems to me that an example is being made of him.

I read elsewhere that they reckon he gave an ultimatum this season to be part of first team or he would leave when his contract expired.

He has been underused all season so it seems to me that an example is being made of him.
So...a player without a first team appearance imagines he can hand out ultimatums to his club?

Sounds like the perfect combination of massive ego, lack of self awareness & thick as pigshit.

He'll be off to Chelsea.

If a player has indicated his intent to leave, then it makes sense to concentrate on the players who are staying, I don't think it's about setting an example, just being prudent.

However there have been a number of players who have left recently that were offered new contracts which is worrying. We have a decent record of giving young players a chance so maybe there is something else behind the scenes that is causing some unhappiness?

If a player has indicated his intent to leave, then it makes sense to concentrate on the players who are staying, I don't think it's about setting an example, just being prudent.

However there have been a number of players who have left recently that were offered new contracts which is worrying. We have a decent record of giving young players a chance so maybe there is something else behind the scenes that is causing some unhappiness?

Or we offered them new contracts so we're entitled to a compensation fee when they sign for someone else on a free?

Or we offered them a new deal, but with a, smaller role in the squad than they hoped for at that point in their career

Tavares is getting some hype and if he really is a talent and he's leaving for another club in the summer then it will be a massive shame. But that hasn't happened so far with any of the others who have left

Yeah and we kept him on the bench as part of his ongoing punishment

The bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472