Match Thread Leicester v Derby (FA Cup 4th round replay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've seen Kaputza for any meaningful amount of time. Think he's done ok. Can't see why he wouldn't have been given a go before?

To be fair though, very little quality on show.
We could do with a center forward on the pitch.

HT 0-0.

Not bad really, Wasilewski looking as comically naff as ever when he has to do some defending. Not convinced by Benalouane either. Gray has been excellent, Albrighton has also been very good. I think the way we are playing really lends itself to Slimani coming on in place of Musa to try and make something of all these crosses we are putting into the box. That's the change I'd make. Leave Kapustka on there for some valuable experience, he's not done much but has done the basics well.

Gray kapustka and Chilwell have played well. The others okay. Perhaps Mendy and Albrighton a little poor.

The game is there for the taking but needs someone to take control up front.

Gray, kaputska and Musa look close to clicking.

HT 0-0.

Not bad really, Wasilewski looking as comically naff as ever when he has to do some defending. Not convinced by Benalouane either. Gray has been excellent, Albrighton has also been very good. I think the way we are playing really lends itself to Slimani coming on in place of Musa to try and make something of all these crosses we are putting into the box. That's the change I'd make. Leave Kapustka on there for some valuable experience, he's not done much but has done the basics well.

You've come in with a biased view on Was. He's done well and managed to pass the ball to one of our players.

That Chilwell claim was a penalty in my opinion.

Chilwell, Gray and Kaputska all doing well, nice to see the team playing with a sense of urgency and togetherness, although lacking a bit of quality in final third. Whilst far from a classic performance I am enjoying it

HT 0-0.

Wowzer! For me, Albrighton has been awful. Benalouane is a bombscare. Mendy average. Musa lost. I can't be bothered with the rest.

Maybe slim with Musa in the 10 slot. Take Albrighton off.

I think we've been massively better than in recent weeks and have enjoyed watching. Okay, we are not playing quality opposition but we are trying to play football at least instead of hoof and hope. Kapustka looks a very tidy footballer wheras Mendy still looks exceptionally messy at times. I think Benalouane looks fine - a little rusty on the ball but assured enough defending. If we turn the screw just a thread tighter we will win.

Oh, and Albrighton has been terrible. Just terrible.

I think we've been massively better than in recent weeks and have enjoyed watching. Okay, we are not playing quality opposition but we are trying to play football at least instead of hoof and hope. Kapustka looks a very tidy footballer wheras Mendy still looks exceptionally messy at times. I think Benalouane looks fine - a little rusty on the ball but assured enough defending. If we turn the screw just a thread tighter we will win.

agreed on all counts.

I don't think it's been as bad as the three stooges are making out.

Mendy 25 passes 96% completion apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669