Post Match Liverpool 4 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worrying thing is, a decent side would have scored two or three goals against Liverpool today. We were awful.

Anyway, I'm in Argyll and just got back from a quality bit of quad biking and clay pigeon shooting. I've had worse days :)

Claudio got his tactics wrong today, also if Slimani didn't play as he only arrived back yesterday why the hell is Mahrez playing he came back at the same time especially as he has been poor so far this season?

Far too many players played like headless chickens, it's time to stop sticking to last season's side, you bought the new players for a reason and it wasn't to warm the bench so use them, starting Wednesday night

Yep, Liverpools defence was terrible. We had chances, but never looked convincing.

More worried about a lack of sharpness from all our players. I think the preseason bollocks has effected them and they quite frankly aren't fit enough.

Amartey was probably the worst or a poor brunch.

Yep, Liverpools defence was terrible. We had chances, but never looked convincing.

More worried about a lack of sharpness from all our players. I think the preseason bollocks has effected them and they quite frankly aren't fit enough.

Amartey was probably the worst or a poor brunch.

Our fitness looked fine in the two home games. It's the two away matches that we've been dire.

To me, that suggests it's nothing to do with fitness. Much more likely a psychological problem getting going again after last season.

To pick on Amartey is unfair. Yes he was very poor but so were Okazaki, Albrighton, Simpson, Fuchs and Mahrez.

Very poor.

For as well as Amartey played against Swansea he was as bad here.

He's got some big shoes to fill....which is why people will be making this sort of criticism. His midfield partner was also a massive pile of shit today. Amartey at the end was attempting to compete with 3 midfielders only for the ball to get to Drinky who on many occasions decided to kick it aimlessly with his left. We were shit all round today.

Disappointing, but Liverpool have the odd game where they look really good going forward and today unfortunately was one of those days.

Our lads looked like they had the Champions League on their minds and I can't say I really blame them, it's a big thing for most of them.

I think we're also struggling to find the same level of desire as we had last season, which again is understandable for the time being.

Shouldn't forget that we still haven't seen what Mendy is capable of in central midfield. Amartey is only a stand in, and he'll hopefully learn from days like today, but Mendy is our main man.

Things could be worse, we could be Derby!!

Claudio got his tactics wrong today, also if Slimani didn't play as he only arrived back yesterday why the hell is Mahrez playing he came back at the same time especially as he has been poor so far this season?

Far too many players played like headless chickens, it's time to stop sticking to last season's side, you bought the new players for a reason and it wasn't to warm the bench so use them, starting Wednesday night

Slimani hasn't trained with us yet has he? That's probably why.
Mendy is injured.
Musa did play.
Hernandez did play.
Which other new signings did you want to see?

Things will get better. But I agree with Skitzo - time to freshen things up. We can't afford a non scoring striker no matter how hard he works and tries. Team played with no belief - beaten before the kick off. Claudio needs to do what it takes to stop this rot.

Anyone know what Ranieri has said? Only thing that will piss me off more at the minute another post match summation with a hint of denial.

Things will get better. But I agree with Skitzo - time to freshen things up. We can't afford a non scoring striker no matter how hard he works and tries. Team played with no belief - beaten before the kick off. Claudio needs to do what it takes to stop this rot.

Aye we did shit with him last year

Anyone know what Ranieri has said? Only thing that will piss me off more at the minute another post match summation with a hint of denial.

Really? I'm ****ed off at the performance but in the grand scheme of things this lot can play like a bunch of useless ****s for a bit before I start that rage. Claudio just needs to say dilly ding dilly dong a few more times.

The only player who gets a pass mark today is Schmeichel. Yes he made one mistake that led to a goal but 4 would have been 7 if it wasn't for him.

To single out anyone in particular is unfair. All the outfield players were sub-par. Admittedly some more than others.

It's time to move to 3 at the back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670