Post Match Liverpool 4 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's absurd. He was our only outfield player that looked in any way effective. On another day, he could have had three goals.

He either needs good service or a cause to chase. The issue with him yesterday was that Liverpool passed the ball around far too high up the pitch for him to chase them down all the time.

Our problem was elsewhere.

He hasn't played well so far this season.

Kasper - some great saves, but... 5.5
Fuchs - some great plays and some terrible - 5
Morgan - was worried when he looked injured - 5.5
Huth - does what he does - 5.5
Simpson - was pulled out of position even more than normal - 3
Amartey - did some nice things but inexperience was also exposed - 4
Drinkwater - below his usual level but can't cover for everyone - 5
Mahrez - better than lately but no magic - 5
Albrighton - easily our best player - 6.5
Okazaki - terrible - 3
Vardy - seems half a pace slower than last year - 5

Hernandez - best he's played at RB - 5
Musa - soon he'll shoot instead of trying to set up Vards - 4.5
Ulloa - worked hard and looked okay - 5

Ranieri - was outcoached today

I've slept on it and my original post may have seemed harsh.

It wasn't, we were ****ing outclassed, we looked like rabbits in the headlights and had absolutely no style or system of playing football.

Worrying

I've slept on it and my original post may have seemed harsh.

It wasn't, we were ****ing outclassed, we looked like rabbits in the headlights and had absolutely no style or system of playing football.

Worrying

But you have to admit, Liverpool's attack was sensational - their movement was exquisite. Better than Man City in the first half against Manure.

But you have to admit, Liverpool's attack was sensational - their movement was exquisite. Better than Man City in the first half against Manure.

They were good but we made it very easy.

My biggest concern was that we did not score (yes I know) against possibly the most shambolic defence and goalkeeper that ive seen in a long time. They really were a bomb scare yet we completely failed to take advantage.

So to sum up the posts so far ... basically the best attacking team won by having a clever strategy to get in behind and through our defence.

Our main striker, in a few games so far, has been unable to put away chances he would have buried last season.

We have no like for like replacement for Kante, so we are not winning the ball in midfield areas, and the team and manager have not yet implemented a different style of play to compensate for that.

So the players are not back to their best of last season, and the manager is not yet tactically astute enough to solve the problem of life without Kante.

We do not need more players, we just need the ones we have to play better.

So to sum up the posts so far ... basically the best attacking team won by having a clever strategy to get in behind and through our defence.

Our main striker, in a few games so far, has been unable to put away chances he would have buried last season.

We have no like for like replacement for Kante, so we are not winning the ball in midfield areas, and the team and manager have not yet implemented a different style of play to compensate for that.

So the players are not back to their best of last season, and the manager is not yet tactically astute enough to solve the problem of life without Kante.

We do not need more players, we just need the ones we have to play better.
And the fake Liverpool fan up the pub who I nearly had fisticuffs with is a ****, dont miss that bit out.

Can't play 442 without Kante and summer signings shite....think back to the start of last season. We had a great start but has none of the pressure we have this season, everyone is waiting and hoping we fail this year. I imagine that has some influence on some dreadful performances by normally consistent players like Drinky and our central defenders. 7 or 8 games into last season we didn't have our formula for success down to perfection, new signings Kante and Fuchs weren't regular (or at all) starters then either and we got out of jail a number of times when 2 down as we had nothing to lose. We were playing a 442 though. It's only 4 games in and I'm confident our greatest ever manager will fit new and old players into a system that works. Claudio allowed Kante time to settle in and he's a top class player, if he does the same with this new lot then I'm happy for him to do so.

Reactions: FIF
What happens if Hernandinho has to play right back and Morgan gets injured?

What happens if Drinky gets injured?

We have spent loads of dosh and yet have no cover or competition in key areas.

Wes was shite probably because he'd been gallivanting all over the place with Jamaica and only got back on Friday, but he still had to play.

Big Waz comes in. Scary on many levels.
King or Mendy comes in.

Wes was shite probably because he'd been gallivanting all over the place with Jamaica and only got back on Friday, but he still had to play.

Musa was signed as a replacement for Kante as much as Mendy was. Why people keep ignoring the manager and the statistics that show they are very different styles of player is beyond me.

Except that Mendy plays in the same position as Kante while Musa doesn't. In Mendy's one game he took Kante's place in the team so he is a replacement, even if they're not the same sort of player.

The point is that all this panic about us not having adequately recruited for central midfield is very premature when our main central midfield signing hasn't had time to show us what he can do yet. I'm not expecting Mendy to be a like for like replacement for Kante but Ranieri obviously believes he can add something significant to that area of the field, which may mitigate the loss of Kante to some extent and hopefully strengthen us in other ways.

Reactions: FIF

If Wes is out, big Was plays... Same as last season.

If Drinky gets injured, King comes in.

We have as much/more cover in every position than we did last year.

Yes I think we should've added one more in midfield but it looks like the club tried and couldn't get the players they wanted

If Wes is out, big Was plays... Same as last season.

If Drinky gets injured, King comes in.

We have as much/more cover in every position than we did last year.

Yes I think we should've added one more in midfield but it looks like the club tried and couldn't get the players they wanted

After 4 games last season some were calling for Inler to start. Some were even pissed that he was overlooked for Kante. Making judgement at this time is totally pointless....Palace were a surprise package at this time last season, they soon reverted to shite.

In defence we looked really bad but this was more due to one of the best attacking performances I've seen in many a year being too good for a double bank defence. The Kanté excusers on this board need to get in their head that he left us. Even if he played Micky then we'd have been beaten. Liverpool didn't go wide and pump balls into the box for Morgan and Huth to defend they slipped passes into the channels between the 2 banks of players and better than that they rtan into space for the balls. It was the best movement by players that I've seen in a long time. They diced and sliced us. It was an exceptional performance by their forwards. Their defence was weak but our attack isn't capable at the moment of doing anything - we are well below last year on attack - not defence. Mendy is the man brought in to partner Drinks and as yet he hasn't had the time to acclimatise and form a partnership. Amartey is the future along with Chilwell and others.

I totally agree about their attack. They would have carved most teams open. We tried to attack them but obviously left gaps for them to exploit which they did ruthlessly.

I don't agree Liverpool were as bad at the back as is made out. Apart from our goal, they dealt with all our attacks exceptionally well. I thought they were very impressive all round.

They were good but we made it very easy.

My biggest concern was that we did not score (yes I know) against possibly the most shambolic defence and goalkeeper that ive seen in a long time. They really were a bomb scare yet we completely failed to take advantage.

That's a hell of an exaggeration. Apart from the howler to gift us a goal, they actually dealt very well with our attacks and restricted us to very few clear chances.

Yes, we were below our usual standard but they were very difficult opposition.

We have Was and I'm confident in him at CB.

We have Was and I'm confident in him at CB.

We have so many games coming up that Was really isn't sufficient cover, and that's from someone who loves the bloke.

As for King being a replacement in midfield for Drinky, I seriously hope nothing happens to the bloke and he can play every single league and Champions league game.

We've played 4 games and not played well in two of them.

Our new midfielder isn't fit yet.

Our record signing hasn't played a single game up front yet.

We lost Kante, arguably the best defensive and ball winning midfielder I have ever seen in a City shirt.

Let's see where we are after 10 games and then judge.

Perspective FFS.

We've played 4 games and not played well in two of them.

Our new midfielder isn't fit yet.

Our record signing hasn't played a single game up front yet.

We lost Kante, arguably the best defensive and ball winning midfielder I have ever seen in a City shirt.

Let's see where we are after 10 games and then judge.

Perspective FFS.

I agree.

If you substitute Norwich for Hull in last season's fixtures we'd taken 6 points from the same 4 games. We may have only lost 3 games all season but two of them came against Arsenal at home and Liverpool away. So those games are now gone and if we can match the rest of last seasons results from now on as most as we can then we will be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669