Post Match Liverpool 4 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible performance and again it's Fuchs who for me looks totally out of sorts. Strange how a player who looked absolutely world class last season now looks so poor...

Terrible performance and again it's Fuchs who for me looks totally out of sorts. Strange how a player who looked absolutely world class last season now looks so poor...
he is getting dragged so central because of Wes, and Huth to a lesser extent, leaving their position we are getting exposed

last year has gone we either move forward or we fall away.

far too many people in our fan based will scream if someone from last year is replaced

Or we accept that we're Leicester City. This sort of performance used to be the norm. I personally couldn't give 2 shits if we fall away as we should never have had the opportunity to move forward from this.

Our lads looked like they had the Champions League on their minds and I can't say I really blame them, it's a big thing for most of them.

I think we're also struggling to find the same level of desire as we had last season, which again is understandable for the time being.

Neither of these are acceptable from professionals.

Or we accept that we're Leicester City. This sort of performance used to be the norm. I personally couldn't give 2 shits if we fall away as we should never have had the opportunity to move forward from this.
this sort of performance isn't the norm though, at least not without people losing their place over it

this sort of performance isn't the norm though, at least not without people losing their place over it

Im quite sure you'll see plenty of changes over next few weeks.

Slimani, Mendy, Hernandez, Musa are all likely to get pretty extensive game time as it stands.

I don't know if our defenders are good enough to operate at -1. Personally think we should stick with 4-4-2 but it's clear there is a problem in midfield. Like I said in the pre-game thread, we didn't really replace Kante. You could argue he is irreplaceable but it shouldn't stop you from trying. Also as mentioned I'd like to have seen us up our quality and change tact by bringing in a quality creative center mid. We did neither. Maybe these things take more time than that but I still feel we didn't strengthen enough in the transfer window and had a poor preseason. Got to deal with that now and hope Ranieri has a feckin' plan.

Anyway, couldn't go to the game today as it would have meant an overnight stay. Does Michael Owen look like he's wearing a very cheap wig?

Also re the game, we had so many misplaced passes, as we are not a possession based team that's what cost us today.

Neither of these are acceptable from professionals.

Not saying they are acceptable and they need to be told, but the point is that psychological problems like that can be improved and so are less worrying than if we were just a poor team.

If you ignore about 110ish years of history nah its not the norm.

The modern day norm is occasionally having your hopes built up followed by the likew of Nathan Blake, German Breakfast or Elvis Hammond. 1000 mile round trips to Plymouth to see your team lose and the useless manager get the sack moments after then being chuffed to bits to win the 3rd division following fears we were truly ****ed beyond repair the previous May. I can take being humiliated by Scousehampton as champions of England....I'm sure I'm not alone.

I don't know if our defenders are good enough to operate at -1. Personally think we should stick with 4-4-2 but it's clear there is a problem in midfield. Like I said in the pre-game thread, we didn't really replace Kante. You could argue he is irreplaceable but it shouldn't stop you from trying. Also as mentioned I'd like to have seen us up our quality and change tact by bringing in a quality creative center mid. We did neither. Maybe these things take more time than that but I still feel we didn't strengthen enough in the transfer window and had a poor preseason. Got to deal with that now and hope Ranieri has a feckin' plan.

Mendy was the replacement for Kante and he'll need some time in the team before we know whether or not he's up to the job.

I'd like us to try and move forward from what was a stellar year last year rather than just slink back into mediocrity.

I don't think we were as bad as all that. No one is giving Liverpool much credit but I thought they were excellent and will definitely finish top 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669