Post Match Liverpool 4 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

We were complete and utter wank

In fact, we weren't even that good

TornadoShaunUK

Liverpool are clearly good going forward but they are quite bad at the back and I'm not convinced their midfield, while it has creativity - has the mettle required to challenge for the league. There are also questions about their consistency for me. Personally don't think they'll finish top 3.

Micky

Here is my bold statement for the evening. Put Kante in that team today and we'd have won. He covers the spaces and the full-backs so well. Without him we are hugely exposed. I think a change in system will have to happen.

Orifice

Not an easy fix.

londonfox

I couldn't give a **** where Liverpool and there annoying manager finish. It is fun listening to the Scousers think they are still a big and relevant club because they were dominant 30 years ago but ultimately I don't care what happens to them.

We'll beat the gravelly voiced twat's lot next week and move up the table. He'll go on a rant about how big spending we are and all will be right with the world (hopefully).

Matt_B

Mendy was the replacement for Kante and he'll need some time in the team before we know whether or not he's up to the job.
Musa was signed as a replacement for Kante as much as Mendy was. Why people keep ignoring the manager and the statistics that show they are very different styles of player is beyond me.

Feriol

Musa was signed as a replacement for Kante as much as Mendy was. Why people keep ignoring the manager and the statistics that show they are very different styles of player is beyond me.
Hope.

Personally I agree with the statement just made on MOTD that Leicester need to change their style without Kanté.

The signings we made suggest Ranieri intends to change the style, but I think he needs to just do it and get it over and done with, rather than introduce the new players and change things gradually.

433 or 532 would suit us better now in my opinion, the lack of a replacement right back suggests 532 to me.

We have desperately needed the extra man in midfield so far this season.

fox58

Never seen so many half and half scarfs at a game

Lako42

That was embarrassing. Utterly ****ing embarrassing.

I try not to get carried away with our success but it looks like we have no style now.

Our recruitment this summer is a complete joke, no right back, little central cover in both defence and midfield.

Vardy has changed, hes had his head turned by film making ****s and he's 2nd to balls he would have won easily last season.

We are in for a very unpleasant shock this season.

Redditch Fox

Reddich out of the woodwork?

Like bloody clockwork that.
Sorry about that!

But it does seem extreme but true the extent to which the loss of Kante has impacted. From pre-season to yesterday we have stopped being hungry fighters.

I share the view that Claudio probably needs to make personnel changes and formation changes to mitigate the loss of Kante. A like for like replacement was never going to be likely. I also share the view that players' heads have been turned by adulation and riches. I think this was inevitable but it sets up a fascinating choice whether to live with this and accept a fairly rapid decline back to being nonentities or to take bold action to change things around.

I don't share the view that a single spell in the CL is the be all and end all this season. We have owners who are providing a foundation.
for chasing a top 6 status - at least medium term. Not sure that there is any long term in football unless you are a Man United or Barca etc.

Brown Nose

Vardy has changed, hes had his head turned by film making ****s and he's 2nd to balls he would have won easily last season

That's absurd. He was our only outfield player that looked in any way effective. On another day, he could have had three goals.

He either needs good service or a cause to chase. The issue with him yesterday was that Liverpool passed the ball around far too high up the pitch for him to chase them down all the time.

Our problem was elsewhere.

LeeCovFox

Still struggling to care after last season. It seems obvious that 4-4-2 isn't going to work for us without Kante and I don't doubt that Ranieri will work that out.

We'll be fine. Stay up comfortably and get through our European group. Anybody arguing that doesn't represent a very good season is mad.

FIF

We were bad going forward - asI've said we're impotent in attack. Shinji can't score and Vardy is not as good as last year suggests. We really have to hope that Slimani is our best striker this season.

In defence we looked really bad but this was more due to one of the best attacking performances I've seen in many a year being too good for a double bank defence. The Kanté excusers on this board need to get in their head that he left us. Even if he played Micky then we'd have been beaten. Liverpool didn't go wide and pump balls into the box for Morgan and Huth to defend they slipped passes into the channels between the 2 banks of players and better than that they rtan into space for the balls. It was the best movement by players that I've seen in a long time. They diced and sliced us. It was an exceptional performance by their forwards. Their defence was weak but our attack isn't capable at the moment of doing anything - we are well below last year on attack - not defence. Mendy is the man brought in to partner Drinks and as yet he hasn't had the time to acclimatise and form a partnership. Amartey is the future along with Chilwell and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669