Mandaric on way???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Barcelona count? They don't need a football trust- Members of the club elect the president- one member, one vote, you can find out what's going on with the club, get a season ticket for less than £100, and they're champions of Europe.

I seem to recall the Green Bay Packers (One of the most successful American Football teams) are run along similar lines too.

and the 100k seater stadium probably helps to lower ticket prices.;)

At the end of the day, the board are appointed by the shareholders to run the club for the benefit of the shareholders ( albeit most shareholders in LCFC are not looking for a financial gain, they are looking for a successful footbal club, as they, as supporters, put their hands in their pockets to save the club ), and any serious offer must be put by the board to the shareholders, otherwise they would not be carrying out their fiduciary duties. The FT are a minor shareholder in the club, and in terms of their ability to influence a decision taken by the shareholders is very limited indeed. In a nutshell, what I am saying is that if a serious offer came in, it would have to be put to the shareholders, whatever the board's views on the matter.

Correct, which is why we have worked hard on getting to know the shareholders, firstly concerntrating on the actual board members, as their combined holding is a significant percentage.

We have a database of shareholders details & have established a process of writing to them occasionally, including a copy of our newsletter. We have also attended every shareholder meeting & used them to establish various relationships.

There are a few shareholders we have still not met, David Wilson being an example, but we continue to talk to as many as we can, which is why utilising the Directors Box match tickets is important to us, as this provides numerous opportunities to influence.

If the board did not represent the interests of the shareholders, the shareholders should throw them out, end of. The shareholders are the ultimate arbiters of everything that happens at the football club. If some of the major shareholders did not like what the board were doing (i.e. Pukka Pies,Hammond Grange Ltd, Kirby & West Ltd ) they could make life very difficult for the board. The board can recommend an offer or not, but at the end of the day it must be put to the shareholders.

Pukka Pies (Tim Storer),Hammond Grange Ltd (Tony Lander) are both on the board

Last edited:
Perhaps the FT would care to list the successful premiership and second tier outfits that are being run along these lines.

Look FT - as far as I am concerned you are ploughing the wrong farrow.

I'm not bothered about LCFC being run as a micro democracy or as a latter day version of the old co-op set up. What I want to see is LCFC competing at the highest possible level;winning football matches and buying players that draw me to games - and I'll pay extra money for that.

I don't care where the money comes from that drives that success or whether the owner rules the Walkers with an iron fist and tells you lot (the FT) to disappear up your own ar--s.

I simply know that the present set up at the Walkers is not fit for the above purpose.

Please let me know if I have been less than clear.

So would you have preferred the previous owners of Derby, who bought the club for £3 & ran up a further £10 million in debts???

Supposedly they had money......

Do Barcelona count? They don't need a football trust- Members of the club elect the president- one member, one vote, you can find out what's going on with the club, get a season ticket for less than £100, and they're champions of Europe.

I seem to recall the Green Bay Packers (One of the most successful American Football teams) are run along similar lines too.

One member, one vote - just like a Trust !

So would you have preferred the previous owners of Derby, who bought the club for £3 & ran up a further £10 million in debts???

Supposedly they had money......

Fair enough, but surely we are talking about Milan Mandaric, who's track record is actually the opposite, so surely with Portsmouth as his example, he should be welcomed and as long as his intentions are honourable and in line with what he set out to achieve at Pompey, then there should be no reason to oppose him.

Why are the FT continually choosing examples of takeovers that have resulted in a club being worse off, please be objective, you appear to be scaremongering. Remember we are talking about Manadaric a man with a proven track record of success not the Derby, Stoke, Mk Dons or any other unsuccessful charlatan who has fecked a club over.

By the way do you remember Mark Goldberg's disastrous reign at Palace, whilst you are busy quoting failed takeovers and waxing lyrical about the virtues of the club remaining in the hands of shareholders or owners who are fans of the club, he was a fan and he seriously fecked it up because he stopped running it as a business and let his emotions take over, another unmitigated disaster.

FT please be subjective in your arguments, surely it is what is in the best long term interest of Leicester City Football Club, not the personal ego's of existing shareholders and the Foxes Trust protecting their own interests.

Will you be taking the results of Durham's poll regarding the takeover to the club, bearing in mind you are there to represent the interests of the fans, shouldnt the powers at be be made aware of the feelings of the fans to such an opportunity should it present itself ???

Remember, We Are In It Together.

Great Post A-Z, great post.

The last fine ties it all together nicely

hoooorah PFKAKTF top notch stuff

I'm not bothered about LCFC being run as a micro democracy or as a latter day version of the old co-op set up. What I want to see is LCFC competing at the highest possible level;winning football matches and buying players that draw me to games - and I'll pay extra money for that.

I completely agree, watching a successfull LCFC winning football games is what football is all about for me. I would also gladly pay more for my season ticket, if it went straight to funding new players, to help achieve this.

Unfortunately it seems that the majority of fans want to spend less rather than more.

Unfortunately it seems that the majority of fans want to spend less rather than more.

makes sense to me. when a stupid dick like tnbd is being paid well over 100k a year why should a poor fecker like me have to pay more for my tickets. i spend every spare penny i have on city. i have 2 overdrafts nearly maxed and yet im going west brom and sunderland away in the near future. if prices went up i would want to but couldnt pay more.

What A_Z says is fair enough, up to a point. But I for one would want to know a lot more before I would welcome such an approach unequivocally. That information is unlikely to be available other than to shareholders.

Mandaric, like the others who were not so successful, are venture capitalists. They will put in substantial capital to a high risk enterprise, and rightly expect a good return at the end of the day after (they hope) kicking the enterprise into better shape and achieving success. Who they eventually sell on to in order to realise the value they have created is in the hands of the gods.

It might be someone who wants simply to maintain what has been achieved, someone who wants to let their ego run wild, or an asset stripper. (Or, in the case of Portsmouth, someone under investigation elsewhere...). That is where the potential downside exists for a football club (as opposed to a "normal" business, where losing its seperate existence hardly matters in the end of the day). It is also why continued minority shareholdings (including those like the FT who exist solely to give grass roots supporters some sort of voice) can give some sort of insurance, though most venture capitalists want total control.

And remember, by definition, there can only be a maximum of 17 (or 15 if UEFA gets its way) successful clubs in England - those that don't get relegated from the premiership.

Last edited:
What A_Z says is fair enough, up to a point. But I for one would want to know a lot more before I would welcome such an approach unequivocally. That information is unlikely to be available other than to shareholders.

Mandaric, like the others who were not so successful, are venture capitalists. They will put in substantial capital to a high risk enterprise, and rightly expect a good return at the end of the day after (they hope) kicking the enterprise into better shape and achieving success. Who they eventually sell on to in order to realise the value they have created is in the hands of the gods.

It might be someone who wants simply to maintain what has been achieved, someone who wants to let their ego run wild, or an asset stripper. (Or, in the case of Portsmouth, someone under investigation elsewhere...). That is where the potential downside exists for a football club (as opposed to a "normal" business, where losing its seperate existence hardly matters in the end of the day). It is also why continued minority shareholdings (including those like the FT who exist solely to give grass roots supporters some sort of voice) can give some sort of insurance, though most venture capitalists want total control.

And remember, by definition, there can only be a maximum of 17 (or 15 if UEFA gets its way) successful clubs in England - those that don't get relegated from the premiership.

I agree with what you say OG, however my post was not saying that all was rosy with the Mandaric bid, I too would want some information before commiting to the fact it would be in the best interests of the club, however with Mandaric at least we have some track record to compare, so on the whole the reaction should be positive.

My criticism of the Trust is for the stance they have taken and the fact that are painting a very bleak picture of previous takeovers, they should be keeping an open mind, and at present IMO they are clearly not. The club is in the hands of true supporters but a group of egomaniacs who appear intent on maintaining their grip on our club regardless of circumstance or opportunity.

makes sense to me. when a stupid dick like tnbd is being paid well over 100k a year why should a poor fecker like me have to pay more for my tickets. i spend every spare penny i have on city. i have 2 overdrafts nearly maxed and yet im going west brom and sunderland away in the near future. if prices went up i would want to but couldnt pay more.

If we want to watch successfull football then we have to pay for it.

Look at the average season ticket in the premiership, it is twice as expensive as ours.

no they have to give us successfull football first and then we pay more

Will you be taking the results of Durham's poll regarding the takeover to the club, bearing in mind you are there to represent the interests of the fans, shouldnt the powers at be be made aware of the feelings of the fans to such an opportunity should it present itself ???

Remember, We Are In It Together.

No, because the poll is being carried out with little or no knowledge of MM's proposals. From afar we would agree his involvement at Portsmouth has been positive but..

The takeover of the club by any individual needs a comprehensive review of the proposals, a clear understanding of all parties involved in the deal (our information gathered away from the club is that if he does launch a bid it will involve other parties) & to ensure all the funds are actually available (which wasn't the case with one of the 2 consortiums who wanted to take over our club last time).

If a bid was launched, we would involve experts from Supporters Direct & the legal & financial expertise we have within the Trust.

If having carried out the necessary checks on a bid we felt it was the best interests of the club, fans & the community, then we would openly support it, if not we would give reasons why (within legal limitations).

I completely agree, watching a successfull LCFC winning football games is what football is all about for me. I would also gladly pay more for my season ticket, if it went straight to funding new players, to help achieve this.

That is true, posts on all message boards are always complaining about ticket prices, would the mindset of so many really change if MM took over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669