Mandaric on way???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be very interesting to see how the board and the Foxes Trust handle any future bid IMO. Rightly or wrongly the majority of supporters will see any bid from Mandric as a great opportunity not to be missed. If there is even the slightest hint either body have rebuked a bid of this nature then all hell will break loose IMO.

At the end of the day, the board are appointed by the shareholders to run the club for the benefit of the shareholders ( albeit most shareholders in LCFC are not looking for a financial gain, they are looking for a successful footbal club, as they, as supporters, put their hands in their pockets to save the club ), and any serious offer must be put by the board to the shareholders, otherwise they would not be carrying out their fiduciary duties. The FT are a minor shareholder in the club, and in terms of their ability to influence a decision taken by the shareholders is very limited indeed. In a nutshell, what I am saying is that if a serious offer came in, it would have to be put to the shareholders, whatever the board's views on the matter.

Last edited:
Without going into all the politics of this, I think it would be good if Manderic came in with a bid.

At the end of the day, the board are appointed by the shareholders to run the club for the benefit of the shareholders ( albeit most shareholders in LCFC are not looking for a financial gain, they are looking for a successful footbal club, as they, as supporters, put their hands in their pockets to save the club ), and any serious offer must be put by the board to the shareholders, otherwise they would not be carrying out their fiduciary duties. The FT are a minor shareholder in the club, any in terms of their ability to influence a decision taken by the shareholders is very limited indeed. In a nutshell, what I am saying is that if a serious offer came in, it would have to be put to the shareholders, whatever the board's views on the matter.

I take your point but it wont be that simple, the board will either recommend the bid or not for starters....

I thought it was a straight question,theres no hiden agenda behind it.I have no axe to grind with the Foxes Trust:102:

Doesnt matter mate, the answer requires a short word beginning with Y or an even shorter on beginning with N. You wont get a reply.

Without going into all the politics of this, I think it would be good if Manderic came in with a bid.

Same here Singth,I don't pretend to know or the politics I just want us to have a better side and if things stay as they are I see us having a worse side not a better one.We are in the mire,scratching around for free players:102:

As we keep saying, we would examine any proposal and make sure that it was in the best interest long term interest of our club, the fans & the wider community. A few posters keep having a dig about our role in this but our published aims clearly state:

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions.
• To strengthen the bonds between Leicester City Football Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club.
To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
• To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the club and the Trust.
• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level.

Our serious review of any offer will take into account all of the above aims. We would be failing to do what we were elected for if we did otherwise

Unfortunately I find this one a little hard to believe after the debacle with Bucci

I take your point but it wont be that simple, the board will either recommend the bid or not for starters....

If the board did not represent the interests of the shareholders, the shareholders should throw them out, end of. The shareholders are the ultimate arbiters of everything that happens at the football club. If some of the major shareholders did not like what the board were doing (i.e. Pukka Pies,Hammond Grange Ltd, Kirby & West Ltd ) they could make life very difficult for the board. The board can recommend an offer or not, but at the end of the day it must be put to the shareholders.

As we keep saying, we would examine any proposal and make sure that it was in the best interest long term interest of our club, the fans & the wider community. A few posters keep having a dig about our role in this but our published aims clearly state:

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions.
• To strengthen the bonds between Leicester City Football Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club.
• To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
• To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the club and the Trust.
To fight for your right to party

Our serious review of any offer will take into account all of the above aims. We would be failing to do what we were elected for if we did otherwise

I agree!

Same here Singth,I don't pretend to know or the politics I just want us to have a better side and if things stay as they are I see us having a worse side not a better one.We are in the mire,scratching around for free players:102:

i kind of agree with you...

If the board did not represent the interests of the shareholders, the shareholders should throw them out, end of. The shareholders are the ultimate arbiters of everything that happens at the football club. If some of the major shareholders did not like what the board were doing (i.e. Pukka Pies,Hammond Grange Ltd, Kirby & West Ltd ) they could make life very difficult for the board. The board can recommend an offer or not, but at the end of the day it must be put to the shareholders.

I agree RS.

From what MM has been saying it doesn't sound like any takeover will be happening soon (unless he's trying to put up a smokescreen). After these rumours though it'll certainly be interesting to see the reation of the fans if in a couple of months the news comes out that MM is investing in another Championship club such as Wednesday or Cov.

If this happens it could really bring a feel good factor back to the club! Rightly or wrongly it would certainly bring the fans back in droves.

Which is obviously why a growing number of clubs are now owned by Trusts ?

Perhaps the FT would care to list the successful premiership and second tier outfits that are being run along these lines.

Look FT - as far as I am concerned you are ploughing the wrong farrow.

I'm not bothered about LCFC being run as a micro democracy or as a latter day version of the old co-op set up. What I want to see is LCFC competing at the highest possible level;winning football matches and buying players that draw me to games - and I'll pay extra money for that.

I don't care where the money comes from that drives that success or whether the owner rules the Walkers with an iron fist and tells you lot (the FT) to disappear up your own ar--s.

I simply know that the present set up at the Walkers is not fit for the above purpose.

Please let me know if I have been less than clear.

Perhaps the FT would care to list the successful premiership and second tier outfits that are being run along these lines.

Look FT - as far as I am concerned you are ploughing the wrong farrow.

I'm not bothered about LCFC being run as a micro democracy or as a latter day version of the old co-op set up. What I want to see is LCFC competing at the highest possible level;winning football matches and buying players that draw me to games - and I'll pay extra money for that.

I don't care where the money comes from that drives that success or whether the owner rules the Walkers with an iron fist and tells you lot (the FT) to disappear up your own ar--s.

I simply know that the present set up at the Walkers is not fit for the above purpose.

Please let me know if I have been less than clear.

:038:

Do Barcelona count? They don't need a football trust- Members of the club elect the president- one member, one vote, you can find out what's going on with the club, get a season ticket for less than £100, and they're champions of Europe.

I seem to recall the Green Bay Packers (One of the most successful American Football teams) are run along similar lines too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669