Mandaric on way???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess the most likely are leics, coventry and wolves probably in that order. We are a prime candidate given our financial status.

stated he is also looking at Sheff Wednesday.....so that could blow us out of the water for starters

If this is true I would say without shadow of doubt GO FOR IT! why not. he is more competent than many. Just look at portsmouth. They only get attendances of 19,000 - and we think that is a low gate. I have confidence he could get the right people in to do the jobs, to get us out of this!

Last edited:
stated he is also looking at Sheff Wednesday.....so that could blow us out of the water for starters

We have a fantastic new staduim, that with 200k spent can host top gigs, we already have 32k capacity with the potential to increase that.

We have the base of a good, decent and young squad and with very few additions could easily challenge for promotion. We would be very cheap to buy but potentially would provide Milan Mandaric a decent return on his investment.

For a start if we could attain promotion we would virtually guarentee sell outs most weeks.

We would definately be an attractive proposition and when you compare with the other clubs currently being linked we are possibly the most attainable and the more attractive proposition.

We have a fantastic new staduim, that with 200k spent can host top gigs, we already have 32k capacity with the potential to increase that.

We have the base of a good, decent and young squad and with very few additions could easily challenge for promotion. We would be very cheap to buy but potentially would provide Milan Mandaric a decent return on his investment.

For a start if we could attain promotion we would virtually guarentee sell outs most weeks.

We would definately be an attractive proposition and when you compare with the other clubs currently being linked we are possibly the most attainable and the more attractive proposition.

I agree with everything you say in that we are ready made up, good stadium, good training facilities amongst other benefits.

But Sheff Wednesday are a big club and could be got for the same money as us if not less. People like to get old clubs going again

I agree with everything you say in that we are ready made up, good stadium, good training facilities amongst other benefits.

But Sheff Wednesday are a big club and could be got for the same money as us if not less. People like to get old clubs going again

But IMO they are nowhere near in terms of squad potential and their stadium is dated and need of much needed TLC. For the money it would cost we are a far healthier proposition than any of the others mentioned.

To be fair it would be a dream come true for city to have some cash to spend on some quality :icon_roll however i don't reckon the NOTW is a good enough source to get me going! :102: has anyone got a link on the web to visit a site where any info on mandaric joining lcfc can be seen???
cheers

he might go for us becuse he saw us get promoted second just under pompey and he can see big potential

Hes not got a great track record in managerial appointments, it was Harry not Mandarics money that saved Pompey.
Would much prefer a Leicester fan (or even an Englishman)... but dont suppose there are any, unless Sir Gary keeps all his money following his divorce (which i doubt)

i have a feeling he might want southampton they havent got alot of money so i think they might want him

i have a feeling he might want southampton they havent got alot of money so i think they might want him

There has just been a takeover at Southampton? :102: :102:

He wont do it IMHO. if he does I will eat my words, but for now im 99.9% sure this will never happpen.

[/B]

I quite like the Foxes trust and what they try to do for the club, BUT to try and say the fact a new club was born was a good thing I disagree. I've supported Leicester all my life, I will never support someone else no matter who owns the club. I find it crazy that 'fans' of the club would try and suggest that even if we get brought out by someone we don't like - its ok because we can then go and support some crappy AFC, after investing thousands of hours and huges sums of cash into supporting Leicester. Have a word:018::018::018:

Fox Fan - we aren't saying that, the last thing we would want is a new club forming, that was a last resort even for the Man Utd fans.

The Foxes Trust exists to ensure LCFC survives & that any new owners have the long term good of the club/fans/community in their hearts. We all want to support our club until we die and ensure the next generation of fans are in place

We would treat each case on its merits.

If it became true, then the FT board would discuss, review details available & then decide on the next course of action.

From afar he does not seem to have done Pompey any harm

Quite the opposite I would have said.. Fair enough they have scraped past relegation most years but they've been up there what 4 seasons in a row now?

To be honest I don't think I would particular like Mandaric to come along and take the club with immediate thoughts of a return to the Premiership with a side full of journeymen organised in order to win the Championship. I would much rather have a person at the club who is looking to get us back on a level playing field and secure enough to begin spending seven figures. I feel the next couple of season at this level would do us a world of good in building the squad, gaining the experience and meaning that parachute payments if relegated in a 4th or 5th season from now would not be the lifesavers as they have previously been.

To be honest I don't think I would particular like Mandaric to come along and take the club with immediate thoughts of a return to the Premiership with a side full of journeymen organised in order to win the Championship. I would much rather have a person at the club who is looking to get us back on a level playing field and secure enough to begin spending seven figures. I feel the next couple of season at this level would do us a world of good in building the squad, gaining the experience and meaning that parachute payments if relegated in a 4th or 5th season from now would not be the lifesavers as they have previously been.

the sooner we get back to the premiership cash-cow the better

the sooner we get back to the premiership cash-cow the better

I feel though its not the holy grail as seen. After relegation with Adams, the club relied on parachute payments to keep everything in check. Best to get an even running before going in the Premiership. So we are never in an opportunity where the club relies on getting in the Premiership as the mass source of income.

I feel though its not the holy grail as seen. After relegation with Adams, the club relied on parachute payments to keep everything in check. Best to get an even running before going in the Premiership. So we are never in an opportunity where the club relies on getting in the Premiership as the mass source of income.

I know what you'r gettin at Hazz but the premiership is the holy grail & when we do get back there the club will always rely on the cash it brings in as a main source of income, however long that takes.
I can't see anything being gained by staying where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669