Martin Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

Same here.

I want nothing more than a return to success.
But come on now - football supporters are not universally regarded as the brightest and to take the attitude that we all have to enthuse about an appointment which we don't think feels right only reinforces stereotypical views about fans.

What would you have to moan about though?:102:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
You do, as does everyone, but people on here are almost begging for it not to be him, without offering an alternative suggestion that will bring the "guaranteed" success that apparantly we have a right to.

I'm not saying I think we have a right to guaranteed success, I just think Allen would be a poor appointment. If you want realistic alternative suggestions I would prefer Worthington, Grayson, Johnson or Ince to Allen.

Portugeezer

I'm not saying I think we have a right to guaranteed success, I just think Allen would be a poor appointment. If you want realistic alternative suggestions I would prefer Worthington, Grayson, Johnson or Ince to Allen.

Why would you prefer them over Allen?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Why would you prefer them over Allen?

Worthington, because he's got experience of getting out of this division, and I like the way his teams play football. Difficult to judge him on the games he was in charge last season, I think given a proper go he'd do better.

Grayson because of the remarkable way he's turned round Blackpool, and he's done it by playing some decent football. Johnson has been successful wherever he's been, and has played good football too.
Ince seems to have a very professional approach to management, and I think he would be more suited to managing, and getting respect from, the type of players we should be signing.

Allen just seems to be a typical lower division motivator, but nothing more than that. He'd get found out quickly at a higher level.

Matt_B

Worthington, because he's got experience of getting out of this division, and I like the way his teams play football. Difficult to judge him on the games he was in charge last season, I think given a proper go he'd do better.

Grayson because of the remarkable way he's turned round Blackpool, and he's done it by playing some decent football. Johnson has been successful wherever he's been, and has played good football too.
Ince seems to have a very professional approach to management, and I think he would be more suited to managing, and getting respect from, the type of players we should be signing.

Allen just seems to be a typical lower division motivator, but nothing more than that. He'd get found out quickly at a higher level.

We're going to have to agree to disagree, I don't think any of those offer anything more, you do, we'll just have to suck it and see as the saying goes.

highland fox

I don't mind who we get,I just didn't want Warnock purely because I can't stand the ****ing twat,terrible reason I know but at least I'm honest:102:

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.

Exactly. It's almost like we've realised we lacked any motivation under Kelly so now we've decided thats the only factor that matters.

PFKAKTF FOX

Great post Jeff and pretty much sums up my sentiments as well. But I am sure that if Allen were to be appointed everybody including myself would support him 100% and want him to prove all us with doubts wrong.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
I don't mind who we get,I just didn't want Warnock purely because I can't stand the ****ing twat,terrible reason I know but at least I'm honest:102:

Thats the reason I didnt want him but the mention of Allen's name kind of put it in perspective for me.

Portugeezer

Fair enough, cant argue with your honesty.

In a perfect world Id like it to be Johnson or Davies, but now it's Allen we'll have to see what happens

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Fair enough, cant argue with your honesty.

In a perfect world Id like it to be Johnson or Davies, but now it's Allen we'll have to see what happens

You know what is going to happen. He won't be good enough and the 'City faithful' will be calling for hsi head before the season is out.

Boy Genius

Banned
You know what is going to happen. He won't be good enough and the 'City faithful' will be calling for hsi head before the season is out.

I like calling for the manager to be sacked.......

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Boy Genius

Banned
Sadly it seems to have become a favourite pasttime for many City fans.

I'm all ready for the next one.........
4_14_202.gif
12_1_214.gif

Steven

To be fair that interview by Tommy Wright is the first real insight into Martin Allen as a manager and person, all other posts have been rumour, speculation or the bised view of supporters tinged with more than a little anger and hurt.
Whilst it doesn't clear all my doubts, it does certainly fill me with more optimism than I had.

Doesn't answer the question about his style of play. :icon_conf :icon_conf

Darth Vodka

Sadly it seems to have become a favourite pasttime for many City fans.

Allen Out!

you heard it here first

;)

or alternatively, "f_cking 'ell Lilly, sort them out!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687