Martin Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reasonably happy about this appointment, and I have a feeling it may well pay off, at least in the short to medium term, which is what I'm sure we all want. I always want to see good football, but if I see football without apparent effort being put in ( see last season ), then I really do think I've been short-changed. We are being promised effort at least, and for the moment I'm quite happy to live with that. Plus it's nice to have somebody that actually appears to have a personality and opinions.

Pretty much my opinion. I hope we just have a bit of continuity,a rise in wins column and a top half finish. Whilst that happening we can laugh at Forest and Leeds.

I am sure some people will be surprised to see me sat here today but I can assure you that any doubts that may exist will soon subside.

This statement was enough for me.
Welcome to Leicester City Martin Allen.

A good coach will make his players see what they can be rather than what they are.”

on the RL phone in last night MA said his main memory of Leicester was when he got sent off at Filbert st and being spat on by the city fans as he went down the tunnel.

personally he annoyed the feck out of me in that press conference especially when he did that face after saying the next division up is the premiership

He said in the Mirror he would prefer to be known as the Nutty Professor rather than Mad Dog...useless information I kow:102:

From the conference he sounds like he could turn out to be a good appointment. The main thing that concerns me about him is his ego, hopefully he doesn't let it cloud his judgement when it come to making important decisions a la players.

I don't really think it came across that he has a problem with his ego. From what I gathereds of the conference, he was giving nothing away, he seems to ramble on a bit and he seems very down to earth.

I'm reasonably happy about this appointment, and I have a feeling it may well pay off, at least in the short to medium term, which is what I'm sure we all want. I always want to see good football, but if I see football without apparent effort being put in ( see last season ), then I really do think I've been short-changed. We are being promised effort at least, and for the moment I'm quite happy to live with that. Plus it's nice to have somebody that actually appears to have a personality and opinions.

Totally agree, I think Martin Allen will have his team playing with 100% commitment and woe betide anyone who doesn't, so the likes of Stearman, Hughes & Maybury will need to be 100% better than they were last season or they will be out on their ear.

personally he annoyed the feck out of me in that press conference especially when he did that face after saying the next division up is the premiership

hahahaha...I know what you mean. THat was a punchable face.

I am going to have to give him the benefit of the doubt for that though and put it down to nerves.:icon_lol:

Having just watched all of the interviews with him on world I am of the opinion he is a bit of a prat...

But at least he doesn't drone out the same standard football manager speak. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. Martin Allens Blue and White Army!

Someone should start a Caption competition with this picture.:icon_cool
MartinAllen5_226070.jpg

Seems to be a guy who says what he thinks, don't know it's good or bad. Could be both, I guess.

Ive been impressed with him so far but no talk about formations or tatics, im sure he will produce a team showing passion and fitness but can he change his normal "long-ball" game.
I have a feeling we will see a lot fitter and comitted teambut not pretty to watch ( having said that if were winning most weeks i for one wont be too bothered)

Ive been impressed with him so far but no talk about formations or tatics, im sure he will produce a team showing passion and fitness but can he change his normal "long-ball" game.
I have a feeling we will see a lot fitter and comitted teambut not pretty to watch ( having said that if were winning most weeks i for one wont be too bothered)

When have we been pretty to watch? Under Mark Magoo maybe... Little, O'Neil, Adams, Bassett, Lavine, Kelly all Direct football.

When have we been pretty to watch? Under Mark Magoo maybe... Little, O'Neil, Adams, Bassett, Lavine, Kelly all Direct football.
Bingo! Give that man a little gold star for being so completely right.

I think the nicest looking football I've ever seen City play was for about ten games under McGhee. Then everyone sussed out that all you had to do was put someone within ambling distance of Garry Parker and we were fecked - not long after that he pissed off to Wolves and we were all gutted and left with nothing apart from this funny Irishman in charge...

I also seem to recall some "pretty" football under David Pleat.

The fact is that even in the prem now the predominate style is "direct", "long ball" or whatever you want to call it. From what I have seen of MA's team at Brentford they were little different to anyone else - just better at it than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566