Martin Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also seem to recall some "pretty" football under David Pleat.

The fact is that even in the prem now the predominate style is "direct", "long ball" or whatever you want to call it. From what I have seen of MA's team at Brentford they were little different to anyone else - just better at it than most.

MA's teams do appear to score goals but also let in a few

F A
Brentford 2004-05 57-60
Brentford 2005-06 72-52
MK Dons 2006-07 76-58

i know we are in a higher division but in the same period we have scored 49 twice and 51 in the other season.

i for one am looking forward to a more positive approach to the match than setting out to contain the other side

I now think we've got a Manager with bollocks, aggression, determination and ambition. If we'd had that last season we'd have reached the play offs.

I now think we've got a Manager with bollocks, aggression, determination and ambition.

Exactly Melts. If we have a team who play like the manager talks then that will be a good start. I'm fed up with managers who are nice guys but appear passionless.

At least it seems all fans are going to get behind the manager looks like MM has made a popular decision after all the speculation ..time for new players now!!

I now think we've got a Manager with bollocks, aggression, determination and ambition. If we'd had that last season we'd have reached the play offs.

Doesnt matter who was incharge we were incapable of reaching anything like the play offs.

im with lako here-just because you can bollock players doesn't automatically mean they will be more successfull-look at holloway, ok granted he's done a better job then kelly has because hes a better manager-but he hasn't got plymouth in the play offs just because he can bollock players. Make no doubt about it, we need players who can play football better then the majority of sides in the division to get in the play offs.

im with lako here-just because you can bollock players doesn't automatically mean they will be more successfull-look at holloway,
That's probably because you're both confusing bollocking with genuine motivational techniques.

Learn the difference and I may get involved in showing you why I'm right

Already bored.

That's probably because you're both confusing bollocking with genuine motivational techniques.

Already bored.

Im bored of people saying the current squad was good enough to get us in the play offs and it's only been one post.

Already bored.
what are these brilliant motivational techniques then melts? they seem to do wonders for his teams in big games......

what are these brilliant motivational techniques then melts? they seem to do wonders for his teams in big games......

When he's wrong he just says he's bored or not interested :icon_roll

Nobody knows what the team last season could have done under a different manager. It's my opinion we would have been better under him as he's a proper manager unlike Kelly.

As for his teams in big games, unless you have watched all his games and made notes nobody here will remember whether it was his fault or just bad luck. I certainly don't.

What we do know is that he is capable of taking shit teams and inspiring them to better things. Here's hoping!!!

Someone should start a Caption competition with this picture.:icon_cool
MartinAllen5_226070.jpg

Seems to be a guy who says what he thinks, don't know it's good or bad. Could be both, I guess.

I'd be careful mate...the thought police might come and get you. Only the 'wrong sort' make caption rounds.:icon_wink

When he's wrong he just says he's bored or not interested :icon_roll
As you will no doubt have noticed, my avatar was in place before days before I had this conversation with you. I was bored with this shit ages ago, please don't think you're relevant enough to ever have anything to do with my moods.

Last edited:
No disrespect but if you are bored with 'this' why don't you go do something else?:102:

No disrespect but if you are bored with 'this' why don't you go do something else?:102:
Anybody who starts a sentance with these two words usually means dead the opposite.

It's usually a coward's or somebody who doesn't like confrontations way of getting their point across without wanting to get into an argument that they're likely to lose.

Just for the record, I haven't been posting in the Leicester City forum for a few weeks with the exception of the odd post here and there. I inadvertantly strayed back in here and I would like to thank you for pointing out exactly why I stayed away in the first place.

Anybody who starts a sentance with these two words usually means dead the opposite.

It's usually a coward's or somebody who doesn't like confrontations way of getting their point across without wanting to get into an argument that they're likely to lose.

Just for the record, I haven't been posting in the Leicester City forum for a few weeks with the exception of the odd post here and there. I inadvertantly strayed back in here and I would like to thank you for pointing out exactly why I stayed away in the first place.

Why so defensive? I actually didn't mean any disrespect I meant the plain meaning of my words. If you are bored do something else. And why would I be worried about losing a debate as to whether you are bored or not?!?! I don't particularly care if you are or if you aren't...you don't mean that much to me.

It was just a suggestion. So again, if you are bored why don't you go and find something else to do. May I suggest prozac perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566