Match 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Leroy, I missed it. Where has anybody slagged you, or any of us off. We lost as a team and nobody is getting blamed :102:

I may be wrong but there is at least one post in this thread that I reckon is aimed directly at me and if it wasn’t for the fact that I saw one of the best sets of norks ever when I went to pick the post up this morning I think I would be a lot angrier about this.

I may be wrong but there is at least one post in this thread that I reckon is aimed directly at me and if it wasn’t for the fact that I saw one of the best sets of norks ever when I went to pick the post up this morning I think I would be a lot angrier about this.
Well I hope you didn't think it was from me because that certainly aint the case.

I don't see the 'fun' in getting tonked every week.

I play to win, maybe other people don't have that desire, if thats the case i'll stop playing.

Call me a **** for telling the truth.

I don't see the 'fun' in getting tonked every week.

I play to win, maybe other people don't have that desire, if thats the case i'll stop playing.

Call me a **** for telling the truth.

****. But ditto :icon_wink

It's the same as with Leicester, I don't mind losing so much if we have put the effort in and last night was an embarrasment. I think it is the worst we have played collectively and individually, but we won't help our cause by getting on each others backs, we need to be building working partnerships, not destroying them.

Edit: Thats not a dig at you Drew, just my general opinion on the current situation.

Last edited:
Right, it's decision time.

I am now proposing the 2 teams. I want to be in a team that wants to win as opposed to one that wants to enjoy themselves. I will enjoy it if we win. I am happy to take control of this team, but I'm also more than happy to let somebody else do it if they see fit.

It shouldn't be a "hands up if you want to play" as it won't solve the problem, the players have to be selected but who by and how I've no idea.

We still have a few weeks before the next season starts, so there is no rush.

Any ideas?

Right, it's decision time.

I am now proposing the 2 teams. I want to be in a team that wants to win as opposed to one that wants to enjoy themselves. I will enjoy it if we win. I am happy to take control of this team, but I'm also more than happy to let somebody else do it if they see fit.

It shouldn't be a "hands up if you want to play" as it won't solve the problem, the players have to be selected but who by and how I've no idea.

We still have a few weeks before the next season starts, so there is no rush.

Any ideas?

The problem is everyone wants to win, the difference is the willingness to keep kicking when your leg has fallen off. Whatever happens, if you want to win seriously we need more than seeing each once a week for the games. I get the impression a lot of the other teams are part of saturday/sunday teams. I would propose getting together once a week for a 4 on 4 or training somewhere, but it's whether people can afford the time.

The problem is everyone wants to win, the difference is the willingness to keep kicking when your leg has fallen off. Whatever happens, if you want to win seriously we need more than seeing each once a week for the games. I get the impression a lot of the other teams are part of saturday/sunday teams. I would propose getting together once a week for a 4 on 4 or training somewhere, but it's whether people can afford the time.
Ok then I'll re-phrase it.

A good team and a better team.

From reading previous Match threads it seems that there are too many of you who want the glory of scoring goals and not enough of you who are willing to stay back for the entire game and defend.

From reading previous Match threads it seems that there are too many of you who want the glory of scoring goals and not enough of you who are willing to stay back for the entire game and defend.

Most of us are willing, but it gets tiring being the only one left with 2 defenders.

Ok then I'll re-phrase it.

A good team and a better team.

Doesn't exist - there are only two players I can think of who would make a better team.

By all means, create a hybird of a better team but a) there is not enough players and b) there is commitments for everyone.

For example, come September/October, Thursday will be the only free day for me - other teams I speak to generally do no training outside of Thursday's. They just took beatings at the start and got progressively better.

We played bad, when it got to 4-2, simply lost the plot - and everyone began beating themselves up.

You can speak about where the embrassments came all night, I was embrassed last night because of attitude and disclipine - the performance wasn't good but we have taken worse beatings.

Last edited:
if people feel that when i came on as a sub things ****ed up then fine-but if i remember rightly we were three-two down at that point so if wasn't exactly going well

i know i had a shocker last night but i don't think i was the only one.

Last edited:
We played bad, when it got to 4-2, simply lost the plot - and everyone began beating themselves up
No they didn't.

We could no longer keep up. There aren't many of us that are prepared to work our bollocks of tirelessly for the whole game and worry about the effects after. Too many of us feel a little tired and just decide to stop in the middle of a game.

I'm 35 years old, playing with a makeshift cruciat ligament and a missing cartelidge. I run like **** for the whole game and suffer for the whole of the next week.

I don't know how much longer I want to do that for if excuses are constantly being made.

As with Drew, I'm probably guilty of taking it too seriously and getting over enthusiastic.

No they didn't.

We could no longer keep up. There aren't many of us that are prepared to work our bollocks of tirelessly for the whole game and worry about the effects after. Too many of us feel a little tired and just decide to stop in the middle of a game.

I'm 35 years old, playing with a makeshift cruciat ligament and a missing cartelidge. I run like **** for the whole game and suffer for the whole of the next week.

I don't know how much longer I want to do that for if excuses are constantly being made.

As with Drew, I'm probably guilty of taking it too seriously and getting over enthusiastic.

Disagree from my vantage point at 4-2 - a switch went off. People were trying too hard - everyone went upfront, when you'd knackered two options - sub or sitting at the back. Everyone ignored that - gung go attacking and no fresh changes.

At 35 years old and your chasing the game, you come off f***ing and blinding and getting sent off. That's when you know you need to take a step back and realstically assess whether your body can take it.

Last edited:
At 35 years old and your chasing the game, you come off f***ing and blinding and getting sent off. That's when you know you need to take a step back and realstically assess whether your body can take it.
OK, I shall take a step back, not say anything and not show any passion.

Just proves my point Hazza, it's a spineless team if I get criticised for my actions of passion.

My sending off wasn't justified.

That's when you know you need to take a step back and realstically assess whether your body can take it.
Quit the ****ing patronising Hazza, when you feel you have enough energy to move to one yard to the side to stop the ball rolling into the goal then I'll take you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669