Media predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I am wrong I may have tinted glasses !! but when we were promoted we dominated the season with the lions share of possession? Yet when we arrived in the Prem we struggled to keep the ball, how is it then that all these punters seem to think that Bournemouth will cope trying to play the same style as the championship against a higher grade of player and teams with more experience and tactical know how?

WRT to west ham why is it Billic has not managed a bigger team in the Prem? I think they will struggle big time this season, and everyone is forgetting that McLaren is more than capable of imploding at Newcastle. bottom three will be Bournemouth, Watford, Aston villa, closely followed by Sunderland, West ham, Norwich, Newcastle,Swansea then us. I must say I was not awe inspired by Ranieri's appointment, I just hope he has the fire and the drive to stick two fingers up at everyone come the end of the season. Cant wait for tomorrow, I am excited about some the young lads he has been looking at.

True - but Ranieri has something of a reputation for changing things around.

I don't mean this as a criticism - in fact I reckon that he was about the best of the available candidates. That said, I'm not certain from his record whether you would class him as a 'winner' or a 'loser'. I guess we will have a better idea fairly soon. The media has reacted generally (a bit unfairly) adversely to his appointment...on the other hand the betting odds don't appear dire about our survival prospects

The owners seem deadly serious about keeping us up....and so they should be with the money around from 2016/17.

True - but Ranieri has something of a reputation for changing things around.

I don't mean this as a criticism - in fact I reckon that he was about the best of the available candidates. That said, I'm not certain from his record whether you would class him as a 'winner' or a 'loser'. I guess we will have a better idea fairly soon. The media has reacted generally (a bit unfairly) adversely to his appointment...on the other hand the betting odds don't appear dire about our survival prospects

The owners seem deadly serious about keeping us up....and so they should be with the money around from 2016/17.

Above meant to be response to Mike- TBT

Whilst I am very positive and surprised by our start its quite a lazy article - the fact we signed Mahrez & Vardy so cheap was a product of the fact we were in the Championship and could bed those into the side, we would not take such a gamble (nor pay such low prices) in the current situation of the club. Huth was a very different signing (experienced Prem player, relative high price (>£1m)).

To say our policy has been to recruit from Europe / lower leagues is not reflective of our current transfer window policy

I can imagine the Daily Mail running an equally negative story if we only had 2 points rather than 8 - 'Leicesters failed approach to bargain basement transfers'

Whilst I am very positive and surprised by our start its quite a lazy article - the fact we signed Mahrez & Vardy so cheap was a product of the fact we were in the Championship and could bed those into the side, we would not take such a gamble (nor pay such low prices) in the current situation of the club. Huth was a very different signing (experienced Prem player, relative high price (>£1m)).

To say our policy has been to recruit from Europe / lower leagues is not reflective of our current transfer window policy

I can imagine the Daily Mail running an equally negative story if we only had 2 points rather than 8 - 'Leicesters failed approach to bargain basement transfers'

I'm surprised the Daily Fail arent kicking off with regards to the number of foreign players in our team...coming over here, taking our jobs blah blah

Oh I agree, but it was the same reporting, full of inaccuracies, that was saying we were doomed before the season even started. At least now they're getting it wrong but with a positive glow ;)

You guys are so yesterday.

The Sun, Daily Mail etc, they are now all bastions of compassion and love towards our fellow man. Overnight they have gone from flaming all foreigners as potential benefit scrounging scum waiting in droves to invade our land of middle class hedonism, to leading the fight to help the 'Immigrants' living in squalor and fear.

****ing wankers, the fact they have the audacity to start throwing shit at people after years of printing vitriolic bullshit towards anyone wanting to come here.

****s

*Sorry, way off topic*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673